D&D 5E LMoP - Help us with Party Composition

rgoodbb

Adventurer
If Monk and Eldritch Blaster are the melee/ranged damage dealers. Cleric is good support/melee?.

I would add Rogue to become Arcane Trickster. (what level are you starting?) It is not too complex (if in doubt, shoot an arrow/bolt) and has enough variety in a few spells/skills and a cheeky Mage Hand to keep it fun.

Bard is also cool.

A lot of games I have played in have not had a tank. This may actually help share the damage around a bit.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
what do you mean by "Forge Cleric isn't tank-friendly"?
Can a Forge Cleric stand in the front line and take hits (or deflect them with high AC)? Can it dish back at whoever tries to smack it? Can it step up - maybe to heal the REAL Tank - and hold the line while the real Tank gets back on his feet? Can he be the "emergency Tank" or hold the rear line while everybody else runs away / ahead?

If so, a Forge Cleric is "tank-friendly" while not being a Tank.

Dan Chernozub

First Post
Can a Forge Cleric stand in the front line and take hits (or deflect them with high AC)? Can it dish back at whoever tries to smack it? Can it step up - maybe to heal the REAL Tank - and hold the line while the real Tank gets back on his feet? Can he be the "emergency Tank" or hold the rear line while everybody else runs away / ahead?

If so, a Forge Cleric is "tank-friendly" while not being a Tank.
Well, with heavy armor profficiency and being one AC higher than normal ... I'd guess the answer is yes.

Hand him one of the pregens in the box and tell him to get on with it! ;)
I have considered this option before posting.

Lidgar

Gongfarmer
I'd go with Ranger (hunter), Barbarian (totem) or Druid (moon), each with the criminal background. Be sure to take Survival, Perception, Investigation and Stealth skills if possible.

Having someone with a good Survival skill is particularly helpful for all the tracking bits in the adventure.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases