Login Identity Crisis

Benben

First Post
Something new has happened to me in the past couple of days.

When I visit the message boards (using the enworld.org address), I arrived logged in as Mystic23. I immediately log out (which should clear cookies) and then manually login as myself (Benben).

Any idea what's causing this? Should I even care with the board upgrade this weekend coming along?

BSF

Explorer
Umm, well, Mystic_23 is out in Idaho. You are out in Idaho. By both of your profiles, one of you does Software Q&A the other does Firmware enginering.

Did you buy chance get a new computer lately? Maybe it was somebody else's computer. Or, do you share a workstation with another shift? Sometimes it is a small world.

Benben

First Post
Freaky. There's no way that we are sharing a computer, but we could be at the same company.

I've been using this computer for over a year now.

EricNoah

Adventurer
You and Mystic23 have identical ip addresses except for the last "node". I'm not sure why that would affect you in this way. But you both seem to be coming from inside the same organization. Seems like I heard a ghost story that starts like this...

Anyway, have you tried physically deleting your cookies? Make sure you're not on the internet, then delete your enworld and cyberstreet cookies, then try logging back on.

Benben

First Post
I figured I would have to delete my cookies, but is there any way to prevent this from happening in the future?

EricNoah

Adventurer
I don't know what's causing it, so I don't have much advice about how to avoid it. I don't know why having a similar IP address would affect you this way. Maybe it has something to do with the way your network provides your Internet access.

BSF

Explorer
Hmm, perhaps a proxy server somewhere? The cookies should be local, but I suppose it would be possible for a proxy to get things confused.

Remove ads