• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lone Wolf I: Shadows on the Dorn

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Attack Order: Jesabela, Moon's Brand, Dhax, Hoagar, Silver Wind.

Jesabela's cutlass strikes with the speed of a serpent, and the Dhax yelps. At the same instant, Moon's Brand lunges forward, stabbing the vicious beast with her sword. The creature instinctively bites at the young Kai, and connects painfully. Hoagar chops at the beast with his axe, but misses. Emerging out from behind the tree momentarily, Silver Wind lets fly an arrow at the creature, which strikes it just above the heart.

Lightly Wounded = 75% health or above
Moderately Wounded = 50%-75% health
Severely Wounded = 25%-50% health
Critically Wounded = less than 25% health

Dhax: critically wounded

Moon's Brand: moderately wounded
Silver Wind: severely wounded
Hoagar: moderately wounded
Jesabela: unhurt

Paido

First Post
"Naar take you!" Jesabela growls and raises her cutlass with both hands, laying all her strength into a stroke aimed at the Dhax' neck.

Glad to see we're still in business! :)

Relenoir

First Post
"Die already, you pathetic beast!" Moon's Brand cries, stabbing at it once again.*If* she can do so since she's only taking an attack action, Moon's Brand will also employ the use of Healing level 2 to get back a few EP during the round.

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
With a curse, Jesabela swings her cutlass and opens a frightful gash in the Dhax's neck. The creature clutches at the wound, black blood gushing forth, and sinks to the ground.

Lightly Wounded = 75% health or above
Moderately Wounded = 50%-75% health
Severely Wounded = 25%-50% health
Critically Wounded = less than 25% health

Moon's Brand: moderately wounded
Silver Wind: severely wounded
Hoagar: moderately wounded
Jesabela: unhurt

Relenoir, do you mean Healing I? II is the one that gives a bonus to Heal skill checks, I is the one that allows a sort of lay on hands.

Paido

First Post
Jesabela snorts. "Looking around, I'm glad we lasted so long ... Time for some healer's work, I reckon'." She cocks an eyebrow at Moon's Brand, then she starts to look the three Dhax over, in case they were carrying anything at all.

Last edited:

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
Jesabela searches the bodies of the three Dhax, but finds nothing of interest besides some stinking rags. The party beds down for the night after disposing of the carcasses. Moon's Brand does her healing, while Hoagar and Jesabela clean their weapons.

The next day dawns without incident. It is now the eighth day after you have left Holmgard. The party presses on for the remainder of the day, and it is early evening when they catch the scent of decaying fish and filthy water on the air. Looking down from the crest of a large hill, they see the object of their quest - the port city of Ragadorn.

In interests of speeding along the story, I just assumed that when you bedded down you managed to scrounge up enough healing plants and things to heal everybody back to full health. There was originally supposed to be an encounter with Drakkarim right outside Ragadorn, but after those Dhax I don't think you'd have made it. Dhax are tougher than I thought...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads