Lonesome October By Zelazney as a side trek

KnowTheToe

First Post
OK, I have been putting together a city campaign for my players and have thought about having them stumble across the great game from Lonesome October.

I thought it would be a fun way to integrate some pieces from Book of Vile Darkness and muttle up some basic allignment principles.

There will be SPOILERS about the book to follow.

I like how an evil character like The Count could be fighting for the side of good. How "evil" appearing acts might benefit the whole of the city/society. A great use of awakened animals and familiars. I think that someone like the Good Dr. who appears to be involved and is doing nefarious things is just a red herring.

Anybody have any toughts or see major complications to this.

I figured I would create a timeline of events and have them occur. The PCs can collect evidence and try to figure out the next step and what is going on.

Last edited:

Well, if the PCs start killing off your NPCs wholesale, are you prepared to have the world end when the "openers" have their way?

I loved that book myself - and have stolen a few bits from it here and there.

Sandain

Explorer
I have played in a game where the DM ran this as an adventure. A few years later I DM'ed the adventure. Both times were great fun and very memorable.

Please email me at 'blaked AT waiariki.ac.nz' if you want to know more about how we handled things.

Remove ads