Long Live the Queen (all groups) [Boddynock judging] Completed

thegreyman

First Post
"Before we even can think about that, is there anyone still hurt? I have a few small spells left, and would hate to hold them when someone could use them." Dorrin checks the group over once or twice.

"I wouldn't be against checking over the mine again, but we might need a Miner to go with us. If that fire burns out any supports, we could have a lot more weight on our backs than just our backpacks!"

Robichaud

Explorer
When Dorrin looks her over, Jamilee gestures at her midsection, where there's still bad bruising and cuts showing through the rent the queen's jaws tore in her chainmail shirt. "I'm still battered up some," she grates out, sounding even more displeased than usual. "I can keep going, if I need to. But I'm hurting." (7/11 HP, by my reckoning.)

She doesn't await the healers' ministrations after her admission, instead turning to adress the entire group. "We have to stay alert. By my best estimate, we killed a lot. Maybe all, hnh. But there's no way to be sure. And the fire might drive what's left of them out, hrrgh, right into our backs. Going back into a mine full of smoke and dead air to meet them head-on seems.. stupid.." Pause. Deep breath. The strain from speaking this many words right after another, not to mention the smoke she inhaled earlier, is driving her voice to the breaking point. "..so I say we rest. And keep a watch, hrgh. Wait for.. air to circulate. Then go back in, mop up the rest, and count our kills. Yes?"

Last edited:

Amaury

First Post
"I agree we rest.. the fire will consume itself very quickly and the smoke should not be too important.. " Jallembo replies. He then sits to a side checking his injuries and wounds.

OOC: we got healing potions, correct? 8/10hp

thegreyman

First Post
Glancing over the injuries, Dorrin first channels a spell into healing Krindorf [Shield of Faith into CLW (1d8+1=4)] of some of the terrible damage the queen inflicted on him. He then converts his last three orisons on healing Jamilee twice and Krindorf once more.

"We should take these trophies back to Master Hans. Then we should see about reentering the mines."

ooc: So that's 5 for Krindorf and 2 for Jamilee.

[sblock=Spells Prepared]
Spell Save DC (13 + spell lvl)
0 - Guidance, Light, Mending
1 - Bless, Shield of Faith, Magic Weapon (D)

War Domain: Weapon Focus and Proficiency w/ longsword
Luck Domain: 1/day Reroll once before success/failure, Must keep second roll.
[/sblock]

B4cchus

Explorer
The group makes it out of the mine without any trace of more ants.
Outside, the warm light of the sun on your face and the fresh air that fills you lungs are a welcome eniviroment after the dark and smoke filled mine.
Hans greets you with a slight awe in his voice as you present your grim trophies to him "Ah! you sure made good work of those ants. They sure are big! And those big ones there must be the queen I recon?
With most of the ants dead and the queen vanquished, I don't think any stagglers left in there will be around much longer.
Let's get a count on the number of ants, shall we?"
Together with your explenation Hans counts that should have defeated 17 ants and, offcourse, the Queen
"
He suggests that the group heads back for Orussus where you shall be handed your reward.

ooc: You could, offcourse, head back into the mine and even find some ants that are still in there, hiding in the shadows, but I think it's best to call this adventere completed. Some of you are anxious to get back for RA's mega adventure and I promised him to return you all back safely before the end of the week.
I'll close the adventure with gold and xp rewards shortly.

Amaury

First Post
OOC: fine by me (Jallembo). Many thanks for the adventure. Not necessarily an easy job for you with so many players! Only pity is not to have been able to throw my molotov!!! :p

Jallembo nods to Hans. "Fine then.. Let's get paid and some rest back in town.."

Robichaud

Explorer
((OOC: Well. Jamilee is the kind of person who likes to do things thoroughly, as in "thoroughly dead," and "thoroughly searched for valuables that are not the legal property of the Stonepike Mining Co.", so she would insist on doing a clean-up sweep.. but meh. In the interest of expediency, I'll ignore it. Or you could simply fast-forward through it and say it doesn't turn up anything significant enough to count as a challenge worth rewards; nothing but burnt crunchy bits, lone, smoke-dazed and easily dispatched worker ants whose bounty Hans gleefully balances against the damage incurred to the mine by the fire, that sort of deal. Whatever works!))

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: Yeah, I can just see it, "You've killed all the ants so we are gonna give each of you 5000 gold. However, the damages to the mine will cost each of you 6000 gold. Since none of you could possible have that kind of money, now we need you to do this other adventure...." Company store adventuring, Diabolical!

Dorrin grins "Anyone want to wager half their earnings on a throw of the bones?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases