D&D 5E Looking for a heist adventure to run in the Shadowfell

RoiC.

Explorer
After not running a game for a while, I've decided to run a short adventure (1-3 sessions) for my players, having them play a squad of professionals for hire from Sigil, going on outsourced heist for one of the factions to steal a McGuffin from the mansion/castle/whatever of some important fella (thinking of using either a shadow dragon or a Skull Lord), and escape.

Now, I don't mind doing some reflavoring and reopurposing, but I prefer using a pre-made dungeon/adventure to run this thing. Party is made of 3-4 level 5 PCs. Any suggestions would be wonderful, and if you have some personal experience with it, that would be even better. Thanks y'all.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The 3e adventure Cormyr: Tearing of the Weave featured a shadowfell-ly demiplane with a magic gadget in it that makes the demiplane bigger. Somebody wants it, or the blueprints, or enough photos &c to build a duplicate.

Obviously, some conversion required.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
With some refluffing I think Dragon Heist could be a good possibility.

Have them in Gloomwrought, the capital of the Shadowfell instead of Waterdeep (see the 4e setting book), the factions can be changed easily (a beholder, a cultist family and an archmage arent out of place in the city). Instead of the treasure, have them look for a memory stolen from the Palace of the Raven Queen.

RoiC.

Explorer
With some refluffing I think Dragon Heist could be a good possibility.

Have them in Gloomwrought, the capital of the Shadowfell instead of Waterdeep (see the 4e setting book), the factions can be changed easily (a beholder, a cultist family and an archmage arent out of place in the city). Instead of the treasure, have them look for a memory stolen from the Palace of the Raven Queen.
It sounds like an awesome concept, but isn't the Dragon Heist adventure a whole campaign? I'm looking for something that would take 3 sessions tops, preferably less.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
It sounds like an awesome concept, but isn't the Dragon Heist adventure a whole campaign? I'm looking for something that would take 3 sessions tops, preferably less.
From memory Dragon Heist is about 4 mini campaigns, the players go after one of the potential targets. You could take one path and strip it down to the length you need.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
You only pick one of 4 ''path'' that takes you from 1st level to 4th-ish. If you skip the (to my opinion) horrible chapter were you only do non-descript sidequests, you could probably clear it in 3 sessions.

The adventure as presented makes you pick one season which determines the adventure path the players will face. You could switch it to a particular ''mood or emotion'' instead of ''season'' since the Shadowfell does not have seasons. During season X, the inhabitants of Gloowrought are Angry/Desperate/Joyful/Frightened, pick one. The PC could make a save each day to avoid being afflicted by the mood for 24h (gaining a special trait/flaw)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases