D&D 3E/3.5 Looking for a Prestige Class

rgard

Adventurer
Hi All,

I'm looking for a specific prestige class. I read it years ago and I know I have a copy of the book someplace, but I can't find it. It's a theurge-like class. The character, pre-prestige class entry, casts divine and arcane spells (cleric and wizard). When the character enters the prestige class there's a new spell progression table for the character with the character being able to cast divine and arcane spells, but limited to his or her original casting and the new progression. It doesn't work like the the Mystic Theurge, Arcane Hierophant, Fochlucan Lyrist or Ultimate Magus, which get the +1 level of both (most of the time) classes in casting. The class I'm looking for is more like the Sublime Chord in that the character has a new table for spells per day per level that replaces the old progression.

I don't think this class was in a WotC publication, but it could be WotC 3.0. I sort of remember Monte Cook was the author, but I have a lot of what he wrote for 3.5 outside of WotC and can't find it anywhere. I have (Complete Book of Eldritch Might, Arcana Evolved, etc.). I could be misremembering Monte as the author. I did check his best of D20 too and it's not there.

Does this ring a bell with anybody?

I'm running a 3.5 campaign for 2 of my grown kids and I'm converting my old 1E characters to 3.5 for NPCs and this class I'm looking for (as I remember it) looks perfect for my 1E half elf Magic User - Cleric. That and I want to do something different than all the conventional theurge type characters I've played and created as NPCs.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Does this ring a bell with anybody?
This sounded very, very familiar, and I was sure it was in the original Book of Eldritch Might. However, some checking suggests that this is the Hallowed Mage prestige class in the Book of Hallowed Might instead.

rgard

Adventurer
I'm an impatient person. Looked in a couple of boxes, didn't see the book so off to drivethrurpg I went. $6 lighter and I now have the pdf. Yes, that is exactly the prestige class I was looking for. Thank you very much.

Remove ads