Looking for a spell....

Castellan

First Post
I'm looking for a spell that can turn an item into a temporary, single-use, spell-completion magic item (for instance, imbuing the spell invisibility in a normally non-magical ring that another spellcaster could cast "spontaneously"). Restrictions on the spell don't matter (i.e. time limit to use before magic dissipates), and expensive spell foci are fine, too.

Does anyone know of a spell that does this? I'm sure I've seen a similar one in my many d20 materials, but for the life of me, I can't find it, now. If you can provide a reference -- be it in a book, or online material -- I'd truly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Pyrex

First Post
There was a spell in either MoF or FRCS called (I think) Darsson's Potion which let the caster instantly brew a potion that lasted 1hr/lvl. That's the closest I've seen to what you're looking for.

Castellan

First Post
Pyrex said:
There was a spell in either MoF or FRCS called (I think) Darsson's Potion which let the caster instantly brew a potion that lasted 1hr/lvl. That's the closest I've seen to what you're looking for.

Thank you for the reference. This'll help with formulating the kind of thing I'm looking for.

Again, thanks!

Castellan

First Post
diaglo said:
and the UA has rules for limited charges for improved invisibility on an item.

50 charges iirc.

Haven't picked this up, yet. I'll check with one of my players who's got it, and see what it can do!

Felix

Explorer
There was something in second edition... or at least in Baldur's Gate-ish PC games... that created an item that stored spells. You could activate the item and the stored spells would go off; the item was useless after that. I forget what it was called though. Somebody with a Baldur's Gate II manual might be able to tell you what it was.

Remove ads