Looking for Al-Qadim support (Especially English-Arabic dictionary)

MooCow

First Post
I just started up an Al-Qadim Campaign. I've got all the modules for it already as it was my favorite 2E world. I've gotten the 3E conversion netbook from "The Genies Lamp" (Great Site).

However, there don't appear to be alot of good sites dedicated to this world. Anyone know of good websites that support this setting?

Also, more importantly, anyone know where I can find a good Phonetic English-Arabic dictionary? An on-line one would be Ideal, but if you know of a good book I could buy then please let me know. All the ones that I seem able to find translate into Arabic Script, which I don't know. I need something that translates English to Phonetic Arabic (IE, how the word sounds).

Thanks for your help!

MooCow
The translation seeking cow

Maerdwyn

First Post
All the good online dictionaries I know of use arabic script, as you noted. In running an Al-Qadim campaing, learning the Arabic alphabet is really useful, especially for making handouts, etc. I can help you out with learning it if you're interested. To get you started, here's a link:
http://www.cafe-syria.com/Alphabet.htm

Alternatively, if you give me a list of the words you need, I'd be happy to translate/transliterate for you (so long as you can put up with my very imperfect Arabic.)

Remove ads