• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for C-5A Galaxy Deck Plan

RangerJim

First Post
I have been searching for the deck plans for a C-5A for months now and have not been able to find them.

Thought I would try you guys.

Anyone?

-RangerJim

Roudi

First Post
I would imagine that in the post 9/11 world, obtaining real deckplans for real aircraft is incredibly difficult if you are not somehow related to the aircraft industry.

Extrapolation is your best bet. Find out how many seats in the plane, deduce how many aisles, and draw up a grid based on that.

RangerJim

First Post
I have extrapolated out everything I can from the sources I have.

I want there to be a sharp sense of realism. I guess I am going to have to go out to Travis AFB - close to where I live - and see if I can get more accurate info.

By the way Roudi,

I am a huge fan of the YotZ. That is all I am running at this time. Have you seen Vossberg yet?

Thanks,

-RangerJim

Vigilance

Explorer
Looking at my Illustrated Directory of Modern American Weapons here, it doesn't look like there's much of anything inside a C-5. These are huge transport planes, where the nose and cockpit open and swing up, allowing massive amounts of cargo to be driven right out.

For an idea of what I mean by massive, a Ch-47 Chinook fits inside one of these babies. So I don't think there's much in the cargo area aft of the cockpit. It looks like from my picture here the Chinook fits almost exactly inside.

C-5's can carry an amazing 291,000 lbs of cargo.

Oh and also, I did a full write up for B&G II: Wild Blue Yonder, along with a LOT of other aircraft. Just sayin. :)

Chuck

Michael Dean

Explorer
Vigilance said:
Looking at my Illustrated Directory of Modern American Weapons here, it doesn't look like there's much of anything inside a C-5. These are huge transport planes, where the nose and cockpit open and swing up, allowing massive amounts of cargo to be driven right out.

Chuck

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Years ago, my dad flew B-52s and he took me inside one as well as the KC-135 tanker. Now, granted, the KC-135 is a much smaller plane, but there was a whole lot of empty space inside of it, which is pretty much what I expected from the Galaxy. There's an upper deck with seats for 70 or so, and then there's a big, giant, open space for the rest.

kroh

First Post
vIGILANCE said:
Oh and also, I did a full write up for B&G II: Wild Blue Yonder, along with a LOT of other aircraft. Just sayin. :)

Chuck

That is a great plugg...nicely played sir...

On the fan side of the house... Any thing Bloody (&Vigilance, &Guts, &Space) by RPGObj is definately worth a look and is always fairly priced.

Back on topic: I rode in one of these several times during my first enlistment. While waiting to go to Ft. Irwin California one year, we were sitting on the tarmac (and it was way too hot out) so we busted out a Nerf football and played a couple of rounds of "touch" inside the cargo space of the plane. The bottom is a large cargo space capable of carrying multiple small vehicles (it can even be set up into a multi level space, carrying, stacked vehicles or cargo much like a auto hauler like you see at car dealerships). Like Chuck said, the nose and tail open to allow for cargo or vehicles to be removed easily. The very top of the ship contains the cockpit and the ability to carry a large contingent of personnel. We fit our a good amount of our unit in the "ride along" space and it was set up like a passenger aircraft.

Fun stuff.
Regards,
Walt

RangerJim

First Post
Here are some of the pics that I have collected so far:

External Diagram
c-5.gif

Cargo Area
c-5-36-Cargo%20Area%201.jpg

Cargo Area
c-5-36-Cargo%20Area%202.jpg

Cargo Area (Lower Deck)
c5a-CargoDeck.jpg

Passenger Area (Upper Deck)
c5a-PassengerDeck.jpg

RangerJim

First Post
A couple quick questions for those of you who have been active duty and had to fly on one of these:

1) How were your weapons stored for the flight? Were they locked up? What about small arms - handguns? How strict is this rule followed? Where are the arms lockers located?

2) Were there steps at either end of the passenger area or just the front?

3) I understand that the upper - passenger area also contained two galleys, the cockpit area and sleeping quarters for the spare flight crew. Can you describe those areas?

Thanks,

-RangerJim

Peterson

First Post
RangerJim said:
By the way Roudi,

I am a huge fan of the YotZ. That is all I am running at this time. Have you seen Vossberg yet?

Thanks,

-RangerJim

Oh boy. YotZ on a Galaxy? That's going to be painful. I hope the PCs have parachutes....

Peterson

Remove ads