• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for celtic names/words

tjoneslo

First Post
Moorcrys said:
Don't know if you want to spend any money on the idea but Gary Gygax's Extraordinary Book of Names has a number of different celtic groupings... lemme look...
Moorcrys, Perhaps you or someone else who owns this book could put a word in as to why I should get it. I took a look through it in my FLGS to the other day and was very unimpressed. It basicially looked like a printed version of the Onomastikon. Which I can get online, for free.

William Ronald

Explorer
I would like to recommend a few books, some of which you might want to check out of a university library. Or purchase from a good book store.

The Mabonogion is a MUST for anyone looking for Brythonic -style names. Also, of great use, are the Three Ancient Books of Wales. You might want to also pick up a few good books on Celtic tales and legends from the British Isles and Brittany. (Breton, by the way, is related to Welsh but has a French influence.)

I will try to list a few more resources in the next few days.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads