Looking for group! (D&D 3.5e) Please help!

Hilde Schbeiker

First Post
I'm only kinda new to D&D and only in 3.5e, and I' looking to join a game somewhere.. Anywhere! I'm fun and easy to get along with, and available whenever the internet is. I can't come to anywhere though. But with the help of a laptop or tablet, and skype I can be anywhere! I won't even take up much space ^^ I have a dice app on my laptop, as well as a calculator and an already made chacter at lv 5. She's a chaotic good rouge looking for fun and something to do. Please contact me here, or email me at the.real.sapphire.ninja@gmail.com to learn more! Thank you for your time!

-Hilde

doghead

thotd
The ENWorld Forums have a Play By Post section where you can get into a game.

The advantages of PbP is that you don't have to be at your computer at any specific time. The disadvantage is that they are S L O W.

However, that does mean that you have plenty of time to review your character, think about options, check the rules and write cool IC posts.

The PbP forums are divided into two areas:

1. Talking the Talk - this is where the recruiting, character generation and Out Of Character
OOC: discussions occur. Start by having a look around here. Games that are looking for new players generally have [recruiting] in their title. That said, if you find a game that really appeals, it never hurts to drop in and say HI!, and express an interest. I landed myself a spot in an Eberron game recently by doing just that.

2. Playing the Game - this is where the In Character [IC] magic occurs. Feel free to look around and check out games that look interesting. But don't post here until you have spoken to the DM in the OOC thread first.

Finally, there is also the Living Worlds forums. The most (only?) active one at the moment is Living Pathfinder. Anyone can join in - look for the New Character Submission thread. All characters start at 1st level, and the rules are common to all games. There should be a FAQ thread somewhere.

thotd

Hilde Schbeiker

First Post
Thank you, Doghead, for informing me of this. But I would prefer to find a more personal game. Though I may look into that. So thank you for telling me this.

-Hilde

athos

First Post
You might check out roll20, it is a popular site with lots of 3.5 games. Just go to the looking for game tab and search for what you want.

doghead

thotd
Thank you, Doghead, for informing me of this. But I would prefer to find a more personal game. Though I may look into that. So thank you for telling me this.

-Hilde

You're welcome.

With the advent of broadband internet I understand that there are a lot of people now playing virtual face to face games using things like Skype and various client apps. I have never tried it, so can't help much in that area 'thou. Maybe Obsidian Portal? Google Hangout?

thotd

Remove ads