• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for Isle of Dread Resources

Stoat

Adventurer
I'm about to start a 4E campaign set in an Isle of Dreadish environment. I own X1 and all of the Savage Tide AP. Are there any other adventures, references or whatever that I might want to look at?

the Jester

Legend
About a year or two before the Savage Tide AP started, either Dungeon or Dragon, I can't recall which, had a backdrop article on the Isle of Dread, complete with a small poster map. It was pretty decent, though the AP fleshed the isle out more than anything else that I have seen.

Caedrus

Explorer
About a year or two before the Savage Tide AP started, either Dungeon or Dragon, I can't recall which, had a backdrop article on the Isle of Dread, complete with a small poster map. It was pretty decent, though the AP fleshed the isle out more than anything else that I have seen.

It was Dungeon #114. It had a backdrop on the Isle, followed by a short adventure based off one of the adventure seeds from the original X1 module. Haven't read through Savage Tide yet, so I don't know how much is repeated.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
If you can find it, the module XSOLO1: Lathan's Gold also features the Isle of Dread in it a little bit (though it mainly focuses on the rest of the surrounding seas and isles of the Sea of Dread).

StickPerson

First Post
I played Isle of Dread back in yee olden days. Great adventure.

The Goodman guys put out some classic feeling adventures I’ve found enjoyable under the 3.5 rules, and now I see there is a 4th edition adventure in the works that looks like a gentle homage to the Isle of Dread.

Not Isle of Dread, but seems to be in its spirit:
http://www.goodman-games.com/5054preview.html

Remove ads