• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for miniadventures/sidequests--Need recommendations!

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
Because of constant scheduling problems within our group, we're changing the setup of our campaign. Instead of trying to find times when everyone can show up, we're moving to fixed biweekly game (perhaps expanding it to semi-weekly, depending on how it goes) and those who can show up, show up.

Because of this, it's preferable that each adventure/quest/mission/episode is contained to a session.

I need short adventures or sidequests to cannibalize and I'm looking for recommendations. I don't care for what system as long as it's vaguely D&D-ish--crunch doesn't matter. I'm looking for good Dungeon adventures, Dragon articles, mini-modules, blog posts, story hours, sandboxes... Whatever on the subject.

What comes to mind?

Viking Bastard

Adventurer
I welcome all self-promotion if it fits. I hadn't thought of Living FR, but it seems like an excellent source. Do any other "Living" games have such an archive?

SkredlitheOgre

Explorer
What level is your party or does that matter? And how long are your game sessions?

Anyway, I have a few shorter modules that I've used when I started my Pathfinder campaign, although the modules are all 3/3.5/D20-ish. I tend to run modules in a way that I know what the plot is and what the main elements/encounters are and then just ad-lib the rest.

Dungeon Crawl Classics #24: Legend of the Ripper by Goodman Games. This one is a bit longer, but I'm sure you could cut some stuff out and make it work. It took us three games sessions to get through this one, though.

Farland: The Quick and the Dead (www.farlandworld.com, although I don't know if they have the modules there anymore or not.) For four 3rd level characters.

Frozen Whispers by WotC: For four 3rd level characters and includes a wendigo. This was the first full adventure my group ran.

The Secret at Greenrock by Citizen Games (www.citizengames.com) (it looks like they don't exist anymore): Levels 5 - 7. Starts out in a chamber that leads underground to a cave system. Includes a monster called a 'wraith shark.' The only downside is that other than two monsters in Appendix A, there are no stats given, so you'd need the MM or to just make it up.

The Song of Fodin by Necromancers of the Northwest (www.necromancers-online.com) For 1st level PCs, I ran it with 3rd level PC and it worked just fine with a little tweaking. I thought this was a well put together module. It took us two full and one partial sessions to run this, but we were starting later and people were drinking, so bad decisions were made. The best thing about this adventure is that it's free. www.necromancers-online.com/downloads.html

Edit: Also, the Book of Beginnings by Necromancers has some good plot ideas in it.

Hopefully these help.

Edit: I'll keep looking to see what else I have available.

Last edited:

Ebonyr

First Post
Hope this isnt a thread jack - I was looking for some good urban adventures for either 3.0, 3.5, 4e or pathfinder. Any recommendations?:cool:

IronWolf

blank
Pathfinder Society Scenarios would be perfect for you. They are designed to be played in a 4 to 5 hour time slot and are pretty much standalone, save for some that are still designed to be played in a 4 to 5 hour time slot, but have continuing parts. Lots to choose from on the Paizo site, though they do charge for them. But it would fit what you are looking for near perfectly.

Pathfinder Society Scenarios

Remove ads