Looking for Pirate Music

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Katerek said:
If this link doesn't get you anywhere send me an email with Jolly Rogers in the subject line.

I am good friends with 4 members of this band, in fact 3 of them are regulars in my games. They have a really good suite of pirate music, their most recent album of all original material was just released this last september.

I don't get on here enough to check the boards before particular messages get buried, so email and I will hook you up with some excellent pirate booty.

katerek_69@yahoo.com
[HIJACK]Does Brian still own Pirate Games?[/HIJACK]

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
MerakSpielman said:
At first glance I thought you were asking for pirated music... I couldn't believe there had been so many responses and the thread hadn't been closed down.
That was my first reaction to it as well.

Macbeth

First Post
You've got to add 'Cruel Mistress' by Flogging Molly, from their Drunken Lullabies album.

The sea is a cruel mistress...
Just give me that sweet dirt..
The water's cold and grim/ and I never learned to swim...

dougmander

Explorer
Wombat said:
What?!?

No one has mentioned Korngold?!?

Hear! Hear!

To elaborate, Wombat is likely referring to the composer Korngold's film scores for classic swashbuckling films like The Sea Hawk and The Adventures of Robin Hood. I have a CD of this music and it is among our top choices for piratey gaming music. If you ever wondered where John Williams got his "inspiration" for Star Wars, listen no further.

"Monkey Island", indeed.

In a more bawdy and historically accurate vein, try John Gay's The Beggar's Opera, which dates from the early 1700s and contains many popular tunes that pirates actually would have known and sung.

Quickbeam

Explorer
Some damn fine suggestions in here, but two of the best were mentioned in your initial post -- especially Pirates of the Caribbean.

Qualidar

First Post
Another One

I just bought the Hook soundtrack off e-bay for $3. I figure I can probably use half of it at least.

~Qualidar~

Arnwyn

First Post
You found the Hook soundtrack?

You will definitely be pleased with a few tracks from it (worth the price of the CD, IMO).

Ian Sturrock

First Post
Almost forgot -- the Muppet Treasure Island soundtrack has two of the most piratically cool tracks ever, 'Shiver My Timbers' and 'Professional Pirate.' The others are pretty good too.

Remove ads