• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Looking for players in NYC

mmu1

First Post
nemmerle said:
Yeah, my group is looking for a player or two as well. . . we NYC gamers should figure out a way to share player resources and refer people to each other so people find games and players that fit their style.

I think I was actually talking to someone about playing in your game (Or world, anyway - group of villagers led by a war hero sets off to find a new place to live?) last year, read some of the story hour and liked it, but then I didn't hear back from whoever I was corresponding with, and it sort of died...

So you're looking for players again? When/where do you guys play?

Last edited:

MMDuran

First Post
I'm also looking for players in the NYC area as I've got one extra slot available in my D&D campaign. It's in Jersey City, but is a shorter ride out (via PATH) than most Brooklyn stops.

I'm totally in agreement that some sort of database/community for gamers in NYC is needed. Posting on bulletin boards in Neutral Ground and Compleat Strategist just doesn't cut it.

I agree with Nemm about sharing player resources - i know of 2 other groups other than mine. We should try and form some sort of a net work...my group currently consists of 6 players. We should try and recruit :)

knitnerd

First Post
nemmerle said:
Yeah, my group is looking for a player or two as well. . . we NYC gamers should figure out a way to share player resources and refer people to each other so people find games and players that fit their style.
I found AvangionQ and Arthur through Meetup.com. Someone with more time and computer talent could start a webpage for NYC gamers like some of the knitting groups have done. Yahoo groops and tripod have free sites.

rbs10025

First Post
Harn in Brooklyn/NYC

Err, sorry, one more group looking for a player or two.

This is a HarnMaster/HarnWorld group meeting in Park Slope, Brooklyn, on weeknights, two or three times a month. One of the other players just ran away to join the circus (I'm not kidding) and we could use a replacement.

E-mail me at rbs-at-panix-dot-com if you've heard of Harn and want to give it a try.

knitnerd

First Post
mmu1 said:
Our group has recently seen its ranks thinned somewhat, (a plague of children being born, engagements, and similar disasters) and we're looking for one or two new players. Currently, we've decided to give Shadowrun a try, although we've ran D&D in the past and likely will again... We play on the weekends in Manhattan (usually at NG).

If anyone's interested, please e-mail me at mmu001@hotmail.com
Are you the guy with the evil grin who is always crouched behind a DM screen whenever I go to NG?

knitnerd

First Post
rbs10025 said:
Err, sorry, one more group looking for a player or two.

This is a HarnMaster/HarnWorld group meeting in Park Slope, Brooklyn, on weeknights, two or three times a month. One of the other players just ran away to join the circus (I'm not kidding) and we could use a replacement.

E-mail me at rbs-at-panix-dot-com if you've heard of Harn and want to give it a try.
There is also a Role Playing Forum at About.com. The Forum guide lives here in Brooklyn and is looking for a game. dsertchick@yahoo.com contacted me about starting a game in Prospect Park when the weather gets better.

mmu1

First Post
knitnerd said:
Are you the guy with the evil grin who is always crouched behind a DM screen whenever I go to NG?

Haven't been to NG much lately, so probably not... I don't think I'm very big on crouching, either.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads