Looking for Pregenerated D&D Characters?

If you're looking for pregenerated D&D characters, the following sites might be your answer. You probably already know about the starter set characters which can be downloaded from WotC, but Tabletopping.net has a bunch of pregens already presented on character sheets ready to print out and play, covering each class/archetype combination at various levels; and over on WotC's messageboards there's a whole bunch of assorted fan-created pregens, some of which are also legal for organized play. Alternatively, there's a PDF of 1,000 basic pregens.

If you're looking for pregenerated D&D characters, the following sites might be your answer. You probably already know about the starter set characters which can be downloaded from WotC, but Tabletopping.net has a bunch of pregens already presented on character sheets ready to print out and play, covering each class/archetype combination at various levels; and over on WotC's messageboards there's a whole bunch of assorted fan-created pregens, some of which are also legal for organized play. Alternatively, there's a PDF of 1,000 basic pregens.

For character building or optimization advice, of course, be sure to check out the Character Builds & Optimization forum right here on EN World.

Do you know of any other pregen repositories? Let me know in the comments and I'll add it to the list. That way it'll always be easy to refer back to this article to find new pregenerated characters for your game.

Alethia

First Post
My apologies if this post is in the wrong thread, but are people creating new pre-gens with the
Sword Coast Adventurers Guide content? I've been looking and looking, and I've only been able to
locate the old fan made material that was created and ported from the Wizards site. Please advise.

Dessert Nomad

Adventurer
I really like the "WotC's forums" characters, they have a good mix of abilities and heavy backstory. I had looked at printing off the ones from the Official page, but when I looked at the characters I really didn't like them as something to hand to new players. The WOTC mage, for example, doesn't have any of the fun and interesting cantrips like mage hand, minor illusion, or prestidigitation, it's just got a variety of attacks. I would really want to encourage a new player to interact with the world organically instead of video-game style, so would much rather give them one solid attack and a variety of 'not direct damage' cantrips to experiment with.

krunchyfrogg

Explorer
I really like the "WotC's forums" characters, they have a good mix of abilities and heavy backstory. I had looked at printing off the ones from the Official page, but when I looked at the characters I really didn't like them as something to hand to new players. The WOTC mage, for example, doesn't have any of the fun and interesting cantrips like mage hand, minor illusion, or prestidigitation, it's just got a variety of attacks. I would really want to encourage a new player to interact with the world organically instead of video-game style, so would much rather give them one solid attack and a variety of 'not direct damage' cantrips to experiment with.

I totally agree. One of the appeals of D&D is that it isn’t a video game.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
In 4e a mage got 4 utility ones and 2 at will attacks as well have yourvcake and eat it too

pnewman

Adventurer
The new Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (Currently free on DND Beyond) has 6 free L9 pre-gens that can be downloaded as pdf's. They are not well optimized, showing a shocking lack of 20's in class prime requisites. They also seem to be quite poor for L9 characters, which has resulted in poor AC's for most heavy armor wearing characters; and low numbers of Healing Potions for all of them.

Remove ads

Remove ads