OSR Looking for some surreal/psychedelic style encounters/adventures

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
If you want to do extra research, many Gamma World modules have some over-the-top aspect to them. Nothing like a biker gang of man-size rabbits whose touch can turn metal to rubber charging down on the heroes.
I am thinking of using some Gamma World/Mutant Crawl Classics for one encounter. Some genre bending stuff since this is entering a pocket reality inside an ancient magical painting.

Lamentations of the Flame Princess has some weird stuff, but it's really gory and often kills PCs.
I'm using the rules/magic book as a rules expansion to my OSE game so I'll look into some of the adventures as well.

Check out Dungeon Age Adventures on Drive Thru.
I think I've shounted out one of this guys adventures before on another thread but here is access to the full list. I've not run any but I've read the Kraken one (just waiting for the right chance to run it) and they get good reviews.
They are a kind of long Earth gonzo fantasy setting with angels and demons and you get both an OSR and 5e version with your purchase.
Some names to give you an idea are-
Orbital Vampire Tower
Kraken Corpse Delve
Dessert Angle Fiasco
DriveThruRPG.com - Dungeon Age Adventures - The Largest RPG Download Store!
I'm picking up 13 Weird One Shots to look for ideas, thanks for the tip!

We really enjoyed Halls of the Blood King. The environment is pretty strange, and it pulls off fantasy horror pretty well.
I've got that module, I'll have to look it over again. Having to go though a Vampire building would be sweet.

I'm also looking to add some crazy terrain environment to have to fight on otherwise they try to just make everthing a static "killbox" where they try to make the baddies funnel into them. Smart but I'd rather they fight jumping from platform to platform over a lake of lava, or have to fight with one hand while using the other to swing from chain to chain over a pit of ultra poisonous snakes. One room is going to be a not as tough foe, but one who controls gravity and there will be constant jumping from floor to walls to the ceiling like in one of the Matrix movies I think. They will have to make a save vs Spells to overpower the foe's control or missile weapons will curve back to hit them, stuff like that.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Well I think I will put some of my other wargaming miniatures to use. So there will be a WW2 encounter, a Wild West encounter, and a Sci-Fi encounter using Terminator T-800 miniatures. Plus some nutty fantasy stuff from Dungeonland, and some of the other stuff. Should be fun. Will have to finally paint up some of my Wehrmacht, which I have been meaning to do for a year.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
The more I think I may even use different rulesets for each "scene" in this crazy nightmare they are venturing in. Simple and based around similar mechanics but I think only their PC personality will actually be transported into the painting, they will take on characters in the worlds they are thrust into.

Remove ads