OSR Looking for some surreal/psychedelic style encounters/adventures

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Putting together something for my OSE game and looking for more inspiration from some real off the wall D&D modules, or just individual encounters. Doesn’t have to flow together, jarring changes from encounter to encounter would work well. Looking at some of the Dungeonland/Beyond the Magic Mirror stuff to adapt, as well as my own ideas, but there are people far more twisted than myself that have published stuff I’m assuming. It’s either that or score some acid.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)

aco175

Legend
I saw on the news this week that a bride in Florida laced the lasagna with weed and several of the guests called the police after 'feeling strange'. Her and the caterer are up on charges, but a wedding scene where everyone is drugged may be neat in a game.

Haiku Elvis

Knuckle-dusters, glass jaws and wooden hearts.
Check out Dungeon Age Adventures on Drive Thru.
I think I've shounted out one of this guys adventures before on another thread but here is access to the full list. I've not run any but I've read the Kraken one (just waiting for the right chance to run it) and they get good reviews.
They are a kind of long Earth gonzo fantasy setting with angels and demons and you get both an OSR and 5e version with your purchase.
Some names to give you an idea are-
Orbital Vampire Tower
Kraken Corpse Delve
Dessert Angle Fiasco
DriveThruRPG.com - Dungeon Age Adventures - The Largest RPG Download Store!

Voadam

Legend
I am going to add my voice to the suggestion of Dungeon Crawl Classics. They do a lot of trippy 70s acid D&D themes and the covers and descriptions are usually decent guides to how gonzo things are and of what flavor (pirates, Courts of Chaos, crashed space ship dungeon, whatever).

Dark Gonzo OSR 3rd party writers seem to support it as well with adventures.

Remove ads