D&D 3E/3.5 Looking for suggestions and ideas on using the 3.5 TOEE conversion in a Forgotten Realms campaign.

I'm looking to incorporate this module into the 3.5 campaign I'm writing up currently, The Overall story arc of the campaign revolves around a group of Asmodeus worshipping Red Wizards of Thay in league with The BLightlords searching for 5 Elemental Stones and the Players are trying to stop them from finding the stones. The reason for them searching for these stones is each one of the stones themselves allow whoever possesses them to not only summon and control any and every type of elemental but it also allows them to find and open portals to the elemental planes and even the planes of the corresponding elemental gods.

Asmodeus wants these stones because he isn't satisfied with just being a greater deity. He wants more power and hopes to use the stones to gain dominion over the elemental planes themselves and in doing that he could possibly control nature itself and he sees that as a stepping stone to challenging Ao someday.

I want to somehow use the Elemental Chaos plane in the story as well and in my game Asmodeus is being portrayed as he is in 4th edition as a greater deity instead of just an archdevil only in my game instead of killing Azuth he killed Bane then took his portfolio and followers so the Zhents now worship Asmodeus instead of Bane. So what I was thinking was I would have Asmodeus throw Bane under the Elemental Chaos instead of The Abyss and have him just take over the Abyss itself and the Demons and Demon Princes who refused to join him he just wiped from existence altogether.

Am I on the right track with this storyline? If anyone who has any suggestions or ideas for things I could add or remove I could really use them.

Last edited:

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Do you have Unapproachable East? Your mention of blightlords suggests that you do so I will simply say this: run it between the Great Dale and Narfell and put the Crater Ridge mines in the Dragonspine Mountains.

Otherwise it looks like it will probably work.

Yes I do have Unapproachable East, But I was planning on setting up the first part of the campaign in the Sword Coast and Silver Marches as one of the characters is a Wood Elf Druid from the Misty Forest, another is a Shield Dwarf Merchant/Warrior from Baldur's Gate but the third character in the party is a Maenad Wilder/Psychic Warrior/Soulbow from the Island of Stolys in the Archipelago of Altumbel so I could take the second act of the campaign to the region between Narfell and The Great Dale as you suggested.

I'm just getting back into playing PNPRPG's and i'm reletively new to DMing and i've only really run a few games here and there but those were Star Wars d20 not D&D 3.5 this is the first D&D game I've ever run. So I'm not even exactly where where to begin I just know what I want the storyline to be and how the characters fit into it.

Last edited:

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
I ran it in 3.5 Realms putting it all taking place in the Giant's Plains. I also added four separate side temples to each element around the area.

Remove ads