• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

looking for the right system... ideas???

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
What?? Qu'est-ce que c'est??

Truly a tragedy, @gamerprinter. =)

I'm not really a fan of skill based character generation systems, so I've never really looked at it. And since I am a developer of material for a published setting using Pathfinder, I pretty much stick to what I need to know, even in my personal games. I've always played D&D as my primary system and am quite used to it, without having misgivings of the system as many others do, so I've never needed to switch.

I'm not really a fan of skill based character generation systems, so I've never really looked at it. And since I am a developer of material for a published setting using Pathfinder, I pretty much stick to what I need to know, even in my personal games. I've always played D&D as my primary system and am quite used to it, without having misgivings of the system as many others do, so I've never needed to switch.

How about skill-based games and characters with template-based character generation systems for an initial class-like design?

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
How about skill-based games and characters with template-based character generation systems for an initial class-like design?

There are many viable character generation systems out there, including what you describe, but as stated, I don't need another system. I've already got one, a solid group of face-to-face players that I know don't like to deviate far from D&D. It was a struggle to get them to look at PF, let alone looking at a completely different system. Really though, I do some PF development/design professionally, otherwise I am an extremely busy cartographer and cartography tutorial author. I don't have the time to look at another system (nor interest), let alone find a group to play it.

I don't mean to knock other RPG systems (many non D&D based systems are viable and good), I am only referring to my needs, which are fulfilled with what I use now.

Remove ads