• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Looks like Paizo finally opened its store

JamesL85

First Post
Erik Mona said:
As for PDFs, we're currently talking to WotC about selling them on the site. We'll see how that goes, but I'm cautiously optimistic. In the meantime, hard-copy back issues are still available for most recent issues.

I'd be MUCH more interested in PDF's than I would be in back issues. I have the Dragon CD (can't remember the title) and would love to have issues 251 through current as well as all the issues of Dungeon on my gaming laptop.

Just my 2 pp.

Rasyr

Banned
Banned
From the looks of things, it appears that Paizo is working with a major distributor, and from a look around the site, that appears to be Alliance (from the noticable absence of products from at least one company that I know Alliance does not carry).

Questions for Erik:
1) Are you planning on working with distributors other than Alliance? Or are you locked in, meaning that you can only carry what they carry?

2) Is Paizo wharehousing all of this merchandise or is it ordering it from the distributor when orders come in or is the distributor shipping it out to customers for you? I ask because the answer helps determine the turn around time on orders that are placed, and if Paizo is not doing the shipping themselves, then doesn't that make is harder to track problems if/when they occur?

3) If I understood correctly, the question about PDFs was about PDF versions of game products in general, not just PDF versions of your magazine, so is Paizo eventually going to be carrying PDF versions of the print products (i.e. game products from other companies) that they currently carry?

4) If the answer to number 3 is yes, then is Paizo planning on selling said PDFs with or without DRM?

Turjan

Explorer
Rasyr said:
From the looks of things, it appears that Paizo is working with a major distributor, and from a look around the site, that appears to be Alliance (from the noticable absence of products from at least one company that I know Alliance does not carry).

Right, no ICE ;).

Kesh

First Post
Said it before and I'll say it again: I'd love to see something like a "Collected Dark Sun 3.5" in PDF format. All the articles from the various Dungeon and Dragon magazine issues in one bundle. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat, just so I don't have to keep flipping through boxes and folders to find the articles.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
I actually don't know all of the answers to these questions, since I am, after all, just a humble editor far removed from the web and retail portions of our business.

I suggest dropping by the Paizo message boards. There's a Website section that's frequented by our web team, who could certainly answer your questions.

I'm on vacation in Minnesota until the 6th, but will pass a link to this thread to my cohorts, who ought to be able to answer your detailed questions.

--Erik Mona
Editor-in-Chief
Dragon & Dungeon

tassander

First Post
The system doesn't seem to be able to properly sort most of the items, yet. Is stuff like that always done automatically? Because some of the problems will crop up time and again, if that's the case.
Frex, TDE is short for The Dying Earth and The Dark Eye. Not surprisingly, both product lines appear together, under wrong headers.

Bye the bye, I'm sad to hear that one major distributor doesn't carry ICE products. How come?

Keith F Strohm

First Post
Rasyr said:

Questions for Erik:
1) Are you planning on working with distributors other than Alliance? Or are you locked in, meaning that you can only carry what they carry?

2) Is Paizo wharehousing all of this merchandise or is it ordering it from the distributor when orders come in or is the distributor shipping it out to customers for you? I ask because the answer helps determine the turn around time on orders that are placed, and if Paizo is not doing the shipping themselves, then doesn't that make is harder to track problems if/when they occur?

3) If I understood correctly, the question about PDFs was about PDF versions of game products in general, not just PDF versions of your magazine, so is Paizo eventually going to be carrying PDF versions of the print products (i.e. game products from other companies) that they currently carry?

4) If the answer to number 3 is yes, then is Paizo planning on selling said PDFs with or without DRM?

Thanks for your questions regarding our E-Store. We here at Paizo are very excited about its future. I wanted to make a few comments before diving in to answer your questions.

First off, we created the Paizo.com E-Store primarily as a service to gamers who don't live near a full line game store or those folks who are having difficult time hunting down the game products that they want. You can go to http://www.paizo.com/paizo/news/v5748eaic9jux/ to read more about the story behind the store, as well as Paizo's E-commerce philosophy.

In order to provide this type of service in a way that reflects our committment to quality, we have worked hard to insure that we can offer the widest selection of games and gaming accessories as possible. As of this time, we have over 12,000 products listed on our site for sale, and we are adding more each day. If a gaming product is available, we will offer it. If a certain line of products aren't available, we will be trying to add them soon. Any manufacturers who want to see their products offered on our site should contact Lisa Stevens at lisa@paizo.com.

Because we are committed to constantly improving the quality of our E-store, Paizo.com's functionality and ease of use will increase every day. Someone mentioned a few sorting glitches. We have created a very robust E-commerce infrastructure, with automatic sorting and updating of products. As the robots that carry out these functions continue to evolve, so will the organization of the site and with it, your ability to search for the exact product you want. We hope that for those who don't have a convenient full line game store near them, or for those who are having trouble getting a hold of a game product they've been looking for, Paizo.com will be their first stop.

So, on to the questions:

1. I mentioned this earlier, but Paizo is committed to providing one of the best E-commerce experiences possible. To that end, we have assembled a vast offering of products--and we will continue to expand that offering. With over 12,000 products available for sale--and more coming each day--we hope to carry every product available for your hobby!

2. We have worked very hard to streamline our order fulfillment. Depending on availability, we will ship out orders between 24 and 72 hours. As a service to our customers, we are also offering a range of shipping options so that you can specify the speed and cost of items shipped to your address. And right now, Paizo.com is offering free shipping anywhere in the continental U.S. on orders of $50.00 or more (not including subscriptions or preorders). This offer will expire at the end of 2004.

3. As someone mentioned, we already have the capability to provide PDF downloads at Paizo.com. In the near future, look for PDF versions of Dragon and Dungeon back issues. Our goal, however, is to provide PDF versions from other manufacturers We are still working out the details of that possible arrangement internally.

I hope that this helped answer the questions that you had regarding Paizo.com. Please feel free to stop by and explore. What we have now is just the beginning!

Keith Strohm
Chief Operating Officer
Paizo Publishing, LLC

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads