Loot Launcher Wizkids Minis Crate

Fenris447

Explorer
I haven’t seen anyone post this yet; NECA bought the troubled Loot Crate and is trying out a kickstarter-style model for some crates. One is a Wizkids miniatures crate for $30. It had the Jungle Shrine (normally $70) and 4 painted versions of animals normally only available unpainted.

Seems like a solid value if you have use for those particular minis in your campaign. Loot Crate has been crummy for a while, but my understanding is mainly that it’s because they can’t predict demand for crates they have to produce months in advance. This model circumvents that problem. That, plus the fact that my delayed crates are finally getting shipped are enough to sell me on the deal.

Fenris447

Explorer
Yeah I'm hoping it gets a kickstarter-style last day push. This is the kind of D&D-related crate I can get behind. But I don't see Wizkids trying it again if this one doesn't make it out of the gate.

Fenris447

Explorer
Yesterday was supposed to be the last day, but they had a weird glitch/issue where the button to participate was prematurely greyed out with "closed" on it. I haven't seen any official explanation for it, but it looks like they extended the whole thing by another day. As of right now, it's at 979/1000 backers with 17 hours to go.

Fingers crossed!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases