• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lord of the Rings TV Show Reboot

There's more than one writer in the world!

*insert joke about BBC's use of three writers and a very limited number of actors*

60b3f4e54ac02d59639294c170f035dd--sherlock-bbc-funny-sherlock-shirt.jpg

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I'm surprised anything by Tolkein would ever see the light of day after Peter Jackson's Hobbit. Pretty sure Christopher Tolkein said, "Over my dead body." I would really like to see a good Childrin of Hurin, but it's way too Germanic a tale that wouldn't likely go over well with modern American audiences unless they Hollywoodized it. If they did that, I just might have to burn someone's house down. :/

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

I suppose the question then becomes whether they were able to pry out the Silmarillion rights, are going to be dependent on what in the Lord of the Rings and Return of the King appendices, or are making something up entirely new. I hope for the first, suspect the second, and dread the third.

“Preceding” could include a whole lot of stuff, if they have the rights to the Silmarillion (which I still think seems unlikely).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads