D&D General Lore You Should Know: Thay

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
Red Wizards appeared in a few of the D&D Next playtest adventures, which definitely made it seem as if they would be important adversaries in the future.

Personally, I love using wizards as villains. Their large arsenal of spells makes them very interesting and versatile as antagonists (both in and out of combat).

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Red Wizards appeared in a few of the D&D Next playtest adventures, which definitely made it seem as if they would be important adversaries in the future.

Personally, I love using wizards as villains. Their large arsenal of spells makes them very interesting and versatile as antagonists (both in and out of combat).

Perkins brought up the inter-edition modules, and made a point of how they have been sprinkling them throughout the edition's adventures, and we would likely see more of them soon.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
They're supposed to be the villains for the Ghosts of Saltmarsh season DDAL adventures, aren't they? I wonder if there's more to it than that.

That might explain the current LYSK episode's rationale: I feel that the Red Wizards are being set up as ultimate villains for a big AP long term, but I've thought that for a few years since they keep popping up piecemeal in books.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases