• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Elvish City Adventure

Aholibamah

First Post
In "Tatters of the King" the idea is that the city is in a way dreamlike--it reshapes itself, now and then things are different. It's very easy to get lost. There is a doorway but when you look again it's a hedge or something like that. I don't know that I want to be quite that obviously surreal.

I kind of like your idea--it suggests something has happened but what it is the pcs would have to figure out.

My idea is that in ancient days the elves of this city created the demi-plane in order to imprison the awful being contained in the lake that the city partly surrounds. However this happened so long ago (given the life span of elves say hundreds of thousands of years) that the current dwellers have forgotten this lore entirely; it is bound up in ritual and they have lived in a dream of peace ever since. What I want to evoke in this is the kind of thing that happens in Conan adventures sometimes--the pcs from the vibrant living world discover a place of deceptive peace and tranquility that hides and awful secret.

The dangerous part of this is that I'm going to blend in elements from the Cthulhu adventure--a group of men and women who want to summon the creature from the lake for their own purposes (believing it to be a means of great power, which it is) have also gotten to the city, subverted the loremasters during a festival of masks and intend to summon it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads