Lost in Shadow, 5e starter campaign based on LMOP but in the Shadowfell

Cryptwright

Explorer

LOST IN SHADOW, my alternate starter campaign is finally out!​

Experience the Lost Mine of Phandelver from the other side of the veil, in the Shadowfell. This Tier 1 adventure takes you to familiar locations in an unfamiliar plane. It runs in parallel to the adventurers going through the traditional Lost Mine of Phandelver adventure.

See Cragmaw castle as it once stood. See the ruins of a town where modern day Phandalin now lies. Discover what powered the Forge of Spells. A mysterious necromancer lairs in what some might know as Redbrand Hideout. All this and much more. The adventure takes your characters from level 1 to level 5, with over 20 hours of play.

The starter campaign is called Lost in Shadow and is up on DMsGuild now.

Link: Lost in Shadow - Dungeon Masters Guild | Dungeon Masters Guild

Adventure Highlights:

Infographic (click to enlarge)

Hope you all check it out and find it useful, and a fun adventure! Enjoy!

Nebulous

Legend
My guys are already 5th level and halfway through the lost mine. Are there parts of this that would be useful to continue the campaign?

Cryptwright

Explorer
Yes, most things are toned down to accomodate a tier 1 party, since the Shadowfell is a very dangerous place. To adjust all you'd have to do is not be as easy on them as the supplement suggests. Take out a few more stops and you are good to go.

TwiceBorn2

Adventurer
Ooooh, great idea! I'm currently DMing D&D 5E for the first time (have previously run Pathfinder 1.0 and earlier versions of A/D&D), and presently going through the original Lost Mine of Phandelver... if I ever run it for another group, I'll definitely consider your version! Added it to my DM's Guild wishlist.

Cryptwright

Explorer
This version is definitely better if run aafter the first, because it references things from LMOP so often. By the time you do another there may be a Feywild version too :)

Remove ads