D&D 5E Lost Mine of Phandelver (OOC)

pathfinderq1

First Post
Mina is leveled up to 2nd; took average HP. Are we considered to have the benefits of the level gain immediately, or do we need to take a rest (long? short?) first?

On a related note, are we PLANNING on taking a rest soon? I think our casters are pretty heavily tapped...

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
From an OOC perspective, the first "mini" adventure is over. From here, you'll be going to town. So, yeah, a rest is in your very near future. ;) And level upgrades engage immediately.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
I think I've got Aenwyr mostly done. He's got Wild Shape now, so I'm putting a couple stat blocks for different forms he's likely to use.

Now a question about Wild Shape - do you gain the abilities of the animal as well? For example, keen senses, Pounce from a panther, or Pack Tactics from a wolf?

On the spellcasting front, Aenwyr can regain one 1st level spell slot each short rest, so that can help us as far as endurance in the future.
EDIT: sorry, he can only recover that spell slot once per short rest. It's still something though. :)

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Scratch that, I'm rereading it and yes, you do gain the critter's abilities. Just keep in mind the restrictions - CR 1/4, no critters with flying or swimming speeds.
Haha, alright then. I was unsure whether special abilities were included in "the beast's statistics". Yep, keeping restrictions in mind. :) I've got wolf, panther (which I'm calling a cougar, since I imagine they would be more appropriate to the area), horse, and cat statted out on my character sheet, which is probably sufficient for now.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
With apologies...

I am taking an extended break from DMing PbPs for the foreseeable future. As such, if anyone wants to take the DM's seat and has access to the new D&D Starter Set and The Lost Mine of Phandelver adventure, you have my blessing.

Remove ads