• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lost Season Finale

Wycen

Explorer
Ok, this is only the 4th and a half episode of Lost I've watched. The 3rd and a half was the recap episode the hour before.

So, two things that popped into my mind.

They really stocked the hatch with enough paper for the printer to keep working for at least 3 years? I go with 3 because I seem to recall one of the hatchies talking about waisting 3 years of his life. I believe that was done to explain the plane crash.

2nd, why didn't the first massive release of electromagnetic energy, when the Kurgan was drunk or got killed, screw up all the electonics? See question number 1. Shouldn't the printouts stopped when the electronics got fried? Will the electronics mysteriously work next season?

Darthjaye

First Post
Of course, your all just assuming that because a hatch with the words "Quarantine" on it, means that it's the only hatch on the island with those words written on it that could have possibly been destroyed? Wasn't Charlie fairly close to the hatch when it would have went off? Wouldn't he have known it blew up?

So it's possible this whole island is like the "Truman Show" now? :D

majustismp15

First Post
Wycen said:
Ok, this is only the 4th and a half episode of Lost I've watched. The 3rd and a half was the recap episode the hour before.

So, two things that popped into my mind.

They really stocked the hatch with enough paper for the printer to keep working for at least 3 years? I go with 3 because I seem to recall one of the hatchies talking about waisting 3 years of his life. I believe that was done to explain the plane crash.

2nd, why didn't the first massive release of electromagnetic energy, when the Kurgan was drunk or got killed, screw up all the electonics? See question number 1. Shouldn't the printouts stopped when the electronics got fried? Will the electronics mysteriously work next season?
I had to ask my physics professor about this as soon as I saw the computer in the hatch...

Aparently a magnetic field can be redirected if it is surrounded by a ferromagnetic material (ie iron, steel, nickel, cobalt, and some weird alloys). It works because the magnetic field would much rather go through the material than air (because it's the path of least resistance). Hence the geodesic dome surrounding all of the computer equipment made of (presumably) steel.

I still don't know how things outside of the hatches are supposed to work: compasses for example...

DonTadow

First Post
Darthjaye said:
Of course, your all just assuming that because a hatch with the words "Quarantine" on it, means that it's the only hatch on the island with those words written on it that could have possibly been destroyed? Wasn't Charlie fairly close to the hatch when it would have went off? Wouldn't he have known it blew up?

So it's possible this whole island is like the "Truman Show" now? :D
I just found Charlie's behavior really odd when he came back. I mean lock and ecko are gone and he's not even trying to search for them. He just prances back and starts making love talk. That doesnt make sense. He acts like nothing serious has happened.

Silver Moon

Adventurer
RangerWickett said:
The foot is an enigma still waiting to be addressed. We'll probably find out Alvar Hanso only had four toes, so it's not a statue to an alien god, but of a . . . sandle-wearing Alvar Hanso.
Nope. Four toes.....has to be Homer Simpson.

EricNoah

Adventurer
There is still so much we don't know (by "we" I mean "I" -- maybe I missed answers to these questions along the way)... why is Walt special? What are the numbers? How does the island heal? Who is communicating with the lostaways through their visions, hallucinations, etc.? What are the "black smoke" monsters? What about the polar bear? Who exactly are the "others"? What is that four-toed statue?

I agree that Charlie's behavior was really strange. He didn't seem worried about them at all. And he suddenly became a chick "magnet." :p

shaylon

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Why did the medical hatch get abandoned (along with the others).

I think this was done because they realized that the australian chick escaped and might be able to find it again and catch them unaware.

RangerWickett said:
What the hell is going on here?

Your guess is as good as mine. Crothian's Care Bears theory warrants an investigation methinks! :lol:

EricNoah

Adventurer
Wycen said:
They really stocked the hatch with enough paper for the printer to keep working for at least 3 years?

Correct me if I'm wrong -- wasn't that printout generated at "The Pearl" and not "the Swan"? And Locke had to tell the computer there to print out some records... He just grabbed whatever it printed out at that time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads