• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

LoTR Director's Cut - 4.5 hours

Ranger REG

Explorer
Uh, Ghostwind. We're going to need to see this press release or any official announcement ourselves.

As for the article (link provided by CCamfield), it was back in January. I have the theatrical DVD, in that 2-disc set it features a preview of the Extended Edition with commentary from Peter Jackson himself, and in his own words, he does not like the term "director's cut." So the above article is probably referred by other people.

IOW, the originally planned 4.5-hour Director's Cut has now become the final product: 3.5-hour Extended Edition.

Ghostwind

First Post
That's what I am asking about. If anyone else has seen the release or can find the link because I can't find it anywhere which is making me wonder about the validity of the whole thing. I'm fairly certain it popped up on TheOneRing, but GamingReport was where I saw the initial headline which linked to the main source. Searching through both sites, I cannot find record of it anymore. So if someone else has seen it and/or knows of a link, I'd appreciate it.

CCamfield

First Post
I don't really like being the bearer of bad news, but look at the dates on those articles. The second link is in fact the same one that I posted.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads