• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Lots of SPOILERS] Disapointed in the City of the Spider Queen

Meek_Monkey1

First Post
So my gaming group finally beat, what I thought was a great campaign, up until you fight the white drow... She died in 2 rounds!! I kid you not. I was expecting the hardest fight of my gaming life... Any one else think the same?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sniktch

First Post
Yeesh, 2 rds? We haven't gotten that far but I don't expect it to be this easy, not at all. Did you have to deal with the Temple firing enervation rays every round?

Endur

First Post
Re: Disapointed in the City of the Spider Queen

A spell caster can die real fast if they are in melee. Anyone can die real fast if they fail a saving throw.

High level encounters can end quickly sometimes. Just remember to roll play intensely and people will still think it was an intense encounter.

Even though all they did to win was throw a bucket of water on the Witch.

Meek_Monkey1 said:
So my gaming group finally beat, what I thought was a great campaign, up until you fight the white drow... She died in 2 rounds!! I kid you not. I was expecting the hardest fight of my gaming life... Any one else think the same?

JDragon

Explorer
Meek_Monkey1,

If possible can you please put a Poss Spoilers in the subject line of this Topic.

Some players may wander in and have part of the fun spoiled by reading something they didn't want to know.

I realize theirs not much Spoilers in it currently but that could change with little notice.

JDragon

Currently playing thru said adventure. :D

Meek_Monkey1

First Post
Not a Problem....:)

Possible SPOILER....

Yes, the orb did inervate, and it also casted horrid wilting.... The cleric in out group ended up killing it though... (very lucky). Yeah and the whole combat thing ended the white one very quickly. Our monk ended up doing some 70 damage in one round... It sucked... I got off one spell and that was undeath to death... I was going to time stop then unload on her... but I didn't do it in time...

Celtavian

Dragon Lord
Re

Well, What the heck did you expect to happen if you let the PC's get close to her? Only monsters such as dragons will survive an up close encounter with the PC's. Regular NPC's can't survive an encounter with an entire party. You have to actually play the NPC's in such a way that the PC's can't get to them, especially the fighter types.

I just can't believe you are surprised she died that quick given that the PC's were able to engage her in melee. It should be no surprise given that she didn't have an exceptional AC or hit points.

Sniktch

First Post
Re: Re

Celtavian said:
Well, What the heck did you expect to happen if you let the PC's get close to her? Only monsters such as dragons will survive an up close encounter with the PC's. Regular NPC's can't survive an encounter with an entire party. You have to actually play the NPC's in such a way that the PC's can't get to them, especially the fighter types.

I just can't believe you are surprised she died that quick given that the PC's were able to engage her in melee. It should be no surprise given that she didn't have an exceptional AC or hit points.

Exactly. Never let the party get to close to an NPC spellcaster. When my players get here they will have to bypass the bebiliths and other nasties I put in the way before they can engage Irae T'Sarran. And I'm seriously considering adding a word of recall to her spells just in case they do somehow get close. Either that or I'll let her get killed so I can bring her back as a lich/revenant/wailing spirit/etc...

Of course, I'm a big fan of recurring villains :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads