• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Lots of SPOILERS] Disapointed in the City of the Spider Queen

blackshirt5

First Post
How good is the City of the Spider Queen module on a whole though? I was thinking of picking it up when I ordered Savage Species(only about another month to go! YAY!), but I wanna see hear from somebody who's played it.

Sniktch

First Post
I thought it was pretty well done, if anything, a little on the tough side. Of course, I'm running it and not playing it and we haven't finished, but I've been pleased so far.

They do a lot of work for you, describing the bad guys' reactions to being attacked, retaliation after strikes, and there's even a timeline that shows how their plan progresses as the adventure moves along.

gariig

First Post
My only beef is a couple of places I would think the NPCs would parley instead of attacking on sight.

Near the beginning there are some Lloth worshipping drow running to the surface. When you enter their hiding area they attack you on sight. To me, they will give the PCs some help and probably do a showdown type thing for a second and I will let the PCs decide to parley or not. If they do I will give them some recon help and maybe a low level fighter type NPC to join them as a scout.

Gariig

Meek_Monkey1

First Post
Re: Re: Re

I was a PC... The whole thing was just sad... Only one person ended up getting into hand to hand combat. The monk pretty much did all the work...

Tom Cashel

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Re

Meek_Monkey1 said:
I was a PC... The whole thing was just sad... Only one person ended up getting into hand to hand combat. The monk pretty much did all the work...

Sounds like a DM issue, not a problem with the module itself. I've read it, and there are plenty of suggestions of what Irae will do if she has any inkling that the PCs are on their way.

And she should know.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads