[LPF] Elenore's Jewels

jkason

First Post
Eanos shakes his head at questions of extra information gathering as the pair collect some quick purchases and make their way to Tyrien's apartment.

"Take too long, I'm afraid," he says. "Pretty good at nudging folks into giving things away, but needs to be done carefully. Rush it, it just turns to much, yes? We'll have to go with what we see."

Back at the apartment, he opens up the kit, and is pleasantly surprised to find there seems to be some usefully-tinted padding they can use to increase Tyrien's apparent bust and add some more curve to her hips. The Inquisitor himself dons the courtier's accoutrements he collected. He looks quite different in the finer fabrics and jewelry, but simply cracks his neck and ignores any discomfort.

"Figure our story is you're my ... friend I'm bringing to show off to the boys. Seems simple enough. Complicated lies are hard to keep track of, yes?"

[sblock=ooc]Gather Information takes 1d4 hours to do, so with maybe half an hour left after shopping and gussying up, it's not really do-able. Rolled Disguise with the kit, without any Aid Tyrien might be allowed to give to tarting herself up:

Base disguise check w/ kit. (1d20+3=19)

Eanos is fine hiring a carriage; it'll help support the faux-courtier story he's planning to try at the back door[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 20 (22 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +9

Conditions: Courtier's Outfit & Jewelry (avoids penalty to Diplomacy checks with nobles / courtiers).

In Hand:None (cestus)

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining
Disguise kit uses: 9/10 remaining

Used: -50 gp (Disguise Kit)
-30 gp Courtier's Outfit
-50 gp jewelry to complete Courtier's Outfit

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 4/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Discern Lies (DC 17): 5/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien twirls around in her own dress. The alternations to her appearance have looking quite voluptuous and not much different than a harlot. "Well, would would have thought I could look like this. Well done, Eanos. I can forgive your roaming hands while I was half naked. You are clearly a focused man with a mission and not a lecherous cad. I guess I look pretty good as a decent courtesan, yes? How much do I charge? Or is my fee already paid and I am gift for someone?"

Since she is wearing a dress, she only takes her dagger. It is the only weapon she has small enough to be strapped to the inside of her thigh and concealed completely. She just hopes that Eanos can talk his way into keeping her from being pawed over on their way into the bath house.

Ready to go, she leaves all else in her apartment except her magical ring and belt.

"I think I will risk taking the ring on my finger and the magical belt. They are not that threatening and perhaps we can get away with taking them inside."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 18 (11 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +12 Will: +5
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining - Not present

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]That is 1 Success. :)

For Gather Information, I was thinking of a combined Knowledge Local check to find the right person to ask about the bath house, and then ignore the 1d4 hours. But it would only help in learning about the bath house and we already have much of that information already. But keep in mind that I could allow targeted Gather Information in the form of a Diplomacy Check without needing to use the 1d4 hour time period akin to hanging out in taverns and plying people with booze.

Please adjust mini-stats to reflect lack of gear. Tyrien is only taking dagger, Ring of Protection, and Belt of Dexterity.

I don't have time to put up the map today, but you can put us in a carriage on the way if you are ready.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos considers a moment, then says, "Gift. Ought to make it easy to keep the hands off if you're already claimed. Might make a handy story for getting you in, too.

After fiddling a bit with the cestus, he finally decides there's no good way of masking it that wouldn't make it too difficult to use if the need arose, so he removes it and places it with his armor and all of the weapons save the dagger in the spring-loaded sheathe at his wrist.

"If they let in protective magic, maybe I can make it in with my cloak, too," he says. "Components might be trickier, but should emanate magic, so maybe I can convince 'em it's a junk bag," he adds, keeping both items on his person.

The inquisitor takes one more glance at himself in the courtier's getup, then shrugs as if to say that's as good as it get. He turns and offers his arm to Tyrien, leading them out to the street to hail their carriage.

"Been thinking, there must be some noble or other always chatting about a place like the is bath house, yes? Maybe we can get some quick help from him. Any ideas?"

[sblock=ooc]Stats should be updated. As noted above, he's trying to keep his Cloak of Resistance and his component bag, with the concealed wrist sheath for his dagger.

Eanos isn't trained in Know:Local, but he could provide an Aid Another to Tyrien if we wanted to try that. Anything more than a quick beeline to the right person, though, would probably strain the timeline a bit too much.

Looks like no real help from Eanos:

Aid Another (Tyrien) Know: Local (1d20=7)[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

AC: 13 (15 w/ SoF) 20 (22 w/ SoF)

Conditions: Courtier's Outfit & Jewelry (avoids penalty to Diplomacy checks with nobles / courtiers).

In Hand:None (spring loaded wrist sheath dagger available)

Note: only has dagger avail at moment. No armor

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Sitting in the coach, Tyrien gives it some thought. "Well, since the bath house is near the taverns on Girard Street, I bet the guards frequent them. They are nearby and we can probably ask the bartender about them. He is a ex-guard for hire himself from what I understand. We will need to be quick."

She directs the carriage to stop a few blocks away from the bath house. There is the Pikeman's Parlor, an establishment that is frequented by off duty guards for the nobles with residences in the Roses. Paying the coachman, she exits the carriage and gestures for Eanos to precede her.

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]Knowledge Local (1d20+5=22), high enough to negate the time requirement for Gather Information.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:45pm: The Roses - Pikeman's Parlor Tavern ~

The tavern is not a seedy sort of place. It appears to a clean and respectable drinking establishment. It has memorabilia on the walls from the White Cloaks and insignia of distinguished soldiers and men-at-arms that have served in the City of Glass and its nobles. The place is actually quite empty this time of day, most off duty guardsmen are not off duty yet.

Bartender3_zps25ad4aec.jpg

Making your way to the bar, the man Tyrien thought to go see is there, going about the business of tapping a keg of ale. As you approach he stops and nods a greeting. "What will it be, milord and lady?"

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Tyrien:   64/64 HP remaining; 
Eanos:    41/41 HP remaining;  

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]
GM: Go ahead and roll the Gather Information Check and ask all the questions.

jkason

First Post
Eanos' generally reserved demeanor brightens considerably as he falls into his role. He smiles widely, and takes a seat at the bar.

"Well, I'm quite parched, yes indeedy, but not so much for drink, as it were," he says. Then, looking about melodramatically, he leans in and with a conspiriatorial wink and a slight jangling of his coin pouch, he says, "You see, I'm in a bit of a spot. I simply must get my ... er, companion here, into the bath house to, well, let's say we've a bracing need to settle a debt to our mutual friend and speak no more of that, shall we?

"The problem, you see, is gaining entrance. As I'm afraid my own membership may be a bit, well, not, and I'm told there's a great deal of tongue-clucking to be had when trying to enter with a lady friend. I'm lead to believe you might know a thing or two about the place? Perhaps one or two of the folks who stand watch might be ... pliable to reward?"

[sblock=ooc]I, personally, am terrible at this kind of thing, but Eanos isn't, so hopefully you'll take that into account:

Diplomacy (Gather Information) (1d20+10=25)

Since nothing he's indicated above is a lie, I didn't roll a Bluff check, though I certainly can if you feel differently.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien for her part tries to keep her mouth shut and look pretty while Eanos works. The red-headed man is doing quite well on his own, but her attempts to aid him only slow down the process. Her tongue likes to chatter and unfortunately that becomes unproductive as both men listen politely until she is done and then resume their own conversation.

She eventually stops trying to help, "Well, I shall just sit here patiently and wait for you two to finish...
Yessir, mum's the word...
Not a peep from me...
Don't want to distract you...
Nope, not going to do it..."

Okay, she tries to stop helping.

+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]Diplomacy, Aid Another (1d20+1=2) - She is next to worthless at this sort of thing. :p[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:55pm: The Roses - Pikeman's Parlor Tavern -> Bath House Exterior ~

Bartender3_zps25ad4aec.jpg

You manage to gather a number of tidbits about the bath house from the bartender. Apparently, Tyrien was correct in guessing the guards and staff occasionally come to the tavern and talk. It takes a few gold coins to get the man to divulge information without violating discretion. call it a generous tip.

After ten minutes and finishing your drinks, you have learned that the receptionist is not the one to try bribing, but all of the guards can pretty much be paid to look the other way for minor smuggling in of things. Many people are doing it. Once inside, it will be up to the patron to keep the item hidden from sight while walking around in a towel though. Otherwise some patrons get all snooty and the guards have to take away whatever is smuggled in. They don't refund the bribes either in that event.

There are normally two guards at the entrance of the building to screen for weapons and magic. And one to two roam around inside the bath house every so often. But, the serving staff are always present in the bathing area, even if the guards are not. He is not sure if any of those people can be bribed or not. When asked about protective magic, he says that usually is fine but cloaks and things are left with one's clothes in the changing area.

Finishing your drinks, you need to leave to keep from being late and you thank the helpful man as you leave the tavern. Walking the two blocks down the street, you find yourselves at the corner of the walled courtyard that is in front of the entrance to the facility. The buildings inside are marble and come right up to the walls. There is a crystal dome over the building towards the rear that must be 40-50 feet across to let in light.

The stylized brass gate to the front courtyard is just up ahead. It is closed, but unguarded.

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Tyrien:   64/64 HP remaining; 
Eanos:    41/41 HP remaining;  

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]That is 2 Successes. :)

I posted a map for the Bath House (the link). The two tokens are at the bottom.

Regarding Ditzie, have you used it before? Pretty simple, you can move your token around by click and dragging it. After changing the map, hit <Enter> and it generates a new URL. Copy and paste the new URL into your post for the next person. Holding <Shift> lets you re-size things.[/sblock] Updated Map

jkason

First Post
Eanos thanks the bartender for his assistance, and as he and Tyrien survey the structure, he takes a deep breath.

"Time to see what we got, yes?" he mutters. He walks up to the guards, doing his best to turn on the charm, though he realizes as he's walking that perhaps that drink back at the bar wasn't the best idea. He feels slightly dizzy, and his affect isn't dilletente so much as it is slight eccentric.

"I do hope you can help me. I've a business contact inside whom I'm trying to surpirse with ... well," he glances to Tyrien and winks. "I'd be ever so grateful--" here he nonchalantly pats his belt pouch, where the coins jangle a bit, "If you might help me out in my efforts?"

[sblock=ooc]Blech. I guess it's a good thing I pumped this check, though even then I'm not sure it did a lot of good:

Diplomacy (10) + Silver-Tongued Haggler (+3) to gain entrance / avoid confiscation. (1d20+13=15)

Hopefully I figured out the map, link outside the sblock.[/sblock]

Map

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

-30 gp Courtier's Outfit
-2 gp bribing barman for information

Silver Tongued Haggler: 3/6 remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien follows along behind Eanos, letting him do the talking.

She does her best to look pretty and clasps her hands behind her back to thrust her chest out more. The posture forces her breasts higher and more noticeable.

"It will definitely be a surprise. We hope he will like what he sees. Be a nice man and let us in."

+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]Diplomacy, Aid Another (1d20+1=17)[/sblock]

Remove ads