[LPF] Elenore's Jewels

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Short adventure with Eanos and Tyrien
DM: Perrinmiller
Judge: ??

Heroes:
Tyrien e'Adrianne (perrinmiller) - Half-elven Arcane Archer - NPC Status (not gaining XP or GP)
Eanos Setirav (jkason) - Human Inquisitor

[sblock=XP]Clock Starts on 6 Sep Apr 2013 & Ends 14 Dec 2013 (100 days)
Eanos starts at 19,676XP: Reached 7th level (23,004XP) on 6 Nov 2013; Ended at 27,722XP

Enc1: 600XP Each (23 Oct 2013)
Enc2: 2400XP Each (27 Nov 2013)
[/sblock][sblock=Treasury]Enc1: 6700gp in gold and items

[/sblock][Sblock=Final Awards]DMC = 7.0

Eanos's TBG (4618 gp) + 3350gp of Treasure = Total Reward of 7968gp

Eanos Earned 5046 TBX + 3000xp from encounter = 8046xp total

[/Sblock][sblock=Adventure Rules]* I will use group initiatives, rolling them myself. So in combat you must post your actions within 48-72 hours of the players turn coming up. Unless stated by a character that their actions are to follow another character, they will be resolved in posted order. After that time, if there was no communication with the DM, I will NPC the MIA player and move on.

* Dice rollers can be Invisible Castle or http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/ on-line dice rollers for the players. The DM will use his own purple dice at home or an on-line random number generator.

* Please use the exact BBCode link Invis Castle provides. This requires an Account at Invis Castle to add. I want to see what the roll is for and the target designated (ie. "Bite vs. Orc 4") in the description block that is provided when you are logged in. Including the modifiers that make the bonuses different than normal can also be included. This example would be ideal: Spiked Chain vs. Orc 4 (Kn Dev & -2/+4 PA) (1d20+11=12, 2d4+10=14)
I would appreciate not having to take any extra time to click any links during my updates.

* Any absences for longer than 2-3 days should be communicated to the DM. If you do not post for a week or more without having informed the DM, he reserves the right to remove you from the adventure giving you your share of the XP and treasure earned as well as time XP and gp to the date of your last post

* If your character gets enough XP to level they may do so immediately once combat is finished. This grants the extra hp, but does not heal damage, and grants any additional spell slots, but not spells prepared. A caster capable of spontaneously casting could use these slots normally, a cleric could only use them for cure or inflict spells, a druid for summon nature's ally, etc. Prepared casters may prepare spells in these slots as if they had left the slots blank for the day, if they are able to do so. They can go through the appropriate spell preparation as if they had already rested if applicable.

* All characters need an appropriate character picture, head-shot preferably, for token on the tactical grids. Also a mini-stat spoiler block that includes a link to your character sheet will be required in every IC post.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
"Need to work on my accounting, I guess, but not bad," Eanos says as he and Tyrien leave the Pearl. He's taken her lead and donned his new mithral breastplate under his jacket so as to conceal some of its gleam. "Said you wanted some new shoes?" he asks, looking about for the shop Tyrien had been talking about as they left the inn.

[sblock=ooc]Just checking in / subscribing. Got my base purchases done with a little math headache. Mini block below reflects the equipping changes[/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
EanosHead_zps0dbe2e86.jpg
Eanos Setirav

Initiative: +6
AC: 20 (22 w/ SoF)
HP: 41 Current: 41
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +6 Will: +9

Conditions: None

In Hand:Seeking Composite Longbow +1

Arrows: 31/31
Blunt Arrows: 20/20
Cold Iron Arrows: 19/19
Silver Blunt Arrows: 16/16
CLW Wand charges: 27/50 remaining

Used:

Judgement: 2/2 Remaining Determination: 3/3 remaining
Silver Tongued Haggler: 6/6 remaining
Bane: 6/6 rounds remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien nods appreciatively.

"Yes, new shoes for any occasion are nice. But when it comes to adventuring outdoors it is all wasted. These well-made boots are soft and better for sneaking around than your average footwear. But still, I like looking. There is a shop just over there."

She gestures down the street.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +9 Perception: +20 (low-light vision)
AC: 24 (18 flat-footed, 18 Touch)
HP: 64 Current: 64
CMB: +9 CMD: 28(21ff) Fort: +7 Reflex: +13 Will: +6
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot
Current Weapon in Hand: none
Chakrams: 8/8 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation)
1st Level 2/2 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
coachman828-correction_zps9f55c5bb.jpg

A man across the street climbs down from the driver's bench of a enclosed coach parked a few yards away from the pair of archers. He is wearing some livery that is important looking, but not readily recognizable.

The green coach with gold colored trim has shutters over most of the windows to prevent people from easily seeing in, but the occupants can peer through the slates to see out. There is a small crest on the door of the coach.

The man crosses the street and tips his top hat as he steps in front of Eanos and Tyrien.

"Pardon milady and her companion. Might you happen to be adventurer's for hire?"

[sblock=Combat Information]
Code:
Tyrien:   64/64 HP remaining;
Eanos:    41/41 HP remaining;

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien stops in her tracks and opens her mouth to mention being too busy looking for some suede slippers with purple velvet tassels. After a few seconds of looking a bit awkward, as she glances around, she shuts her mouth and looks to Eanos.

The she disassembles, "Um... well, perhaps we are. I guess that really depends on who's asking or who sent you."

Considering her previous experiences with the Church of Helerion, she has to be more careful when people come looking for her on the street.

The half-elven lass looks to see what the red-headed man wants to do.

+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-2Att/+4dmg), Many Shot, Snap Shot

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

jkason

First Post
Eanos strains his eyes to see what the crest might be, though he has limited knowledge of the noble houses of Venza. Better to have the image in his mind than not, he decides.

He's struck a bit dumb by the approach of the man from the coach. It isn't until Tyrien speaks that he realizes he's not spoken.

"Lady has the right of it," he offers. "Been known to sell my bow arm, but a fellow has to be careful, yes?"

His eyes narrow slightly as he judges the driver's response.

[sblock=ooc]He has Perception +13 for trying to get the details of the crest, though no ranks in Know: Nobility or Local, so he's unlikely to get much from identifying it.

Going to invoke his Silver Tongued Haggler. Makes his Sense Motive check +20 when the driver responds. Wow. I didn't even realize it was that high until I had to just calculate it, lol. Well, when your concept is a truth seeker, I guess go all out... :) [/sblock]

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:

Used:

Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Brand, Create Water, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Guidance, Light
1st (5/5 remaining)(DC 14): Deadeye's Lore, Divine Favor, Lend Judgement, Litany of Sloth, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Wrath
2nd (4/4 remaining)(DC 15): Silence, Weapon of Awe, Bloodhound, Spiritual Weapon[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:15pm: On Arcane Row ~

The crest on the coach is a typical family coat of arms of blue, white, and yellow. There is a brown horse in one quadrant and crossed weapons in another. Tyrien and Eanos have not sent enough time living in the City of Glass to recognize the crest, but the minor houses of the nobility number in excess of 100.

The coachman gives a slight bow of his head and gestures to the coach,
"The Lady Elenore bid that I approach ones such as yourselves to listen to a proposition of some discretion. She wishes that you join her inside her coach for some privacy."

Eanos does not see any signs of deception on the other man's part, he appears to be telling the truth as he knows it.

Code:

Spells Cast:
Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos looks to Tyrien, then shrugs.

"Costs little enough to listen, yes?" Assuming she doesn't object, he nods to the coachman.

"Lead us to your lady, then." he says.

[sblock=mini stats]
Eanos Setirav

Conditions:

Used:

Silver Tongued Haggler: 5/6 remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien agrees with a nod of her own and follows behind the red-headed man as they are led to the coach.

She replies to Eanos, "In this case, nope. Listening will be cheap. Though, I suppose we could charge him or his Lady for our time. Like we are some solicitors... Bah, lawyers! As if."

"I wonder if she is going to serve refreshments. Wine? Sweet cakes? Tarts? Tea? Maybe not, there is not much room for a kitchen in those little carriages."

"Is that her personal carriage? Are you her man? Or did she hire you as well? Oh, who is Lady Elenore anyway?"
She directs the last questions to the stoic coachman. The chattering questions from the half-elven lass are non-stop, as she doesn't hardly wait for a reply to any of them.

+2 Will vs. Enchantments

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining

perrinmiller

Adventurer
~ 3:18pm: On Arcane Row ~

The man replies to your agreement,
"Very good, this way if you please. Milady Elenore is within," and ignores everything else, keeping himself aloof while he discharges his duties.

The coachman opens the lacquered door by the brass handle and gestures for the pair to proceed inside. The interior is not so dim, a magical crystal provides plenty of light. The couch seats are plush red velvet, one forward and one back, both facing each other. A well dressed woman is seated in the center of the rear seat, leaving you to sit in the other.

Elenore_zps85a41fd1.jpg

The beautiful Lady Elenore has reddish-brown hair and cream colored skin. Her aristocratic dress is of soft green satin or silk. Her cosmetics and jewelry further identify her as one of influence and wealth, in case the personal coach was not enough. Her elegantly manicured hand gestures towards the bench seat in front of her.
"Come, please sit."

After climbing inside the coach and settling in to face her, the coachman shuts door. The coach rocks as he climbs up front and sits on the driver's bench. A snap of the reins and the coach lurches into motion. The woman before you begins explaining her proposition.

"I am the Lady Elenore. I am in need of a favor that I am willing to pay for. There is some heirloom jewelry of mine that certain man refuses return. While he could certainly claim to have acquired the items legally, that is open to dispute. Even so, the cruel man is stubbornly reluctant to even let me buy them back."

"Furthermore, he has gone so far to boast of selling them to my ex-husband instead. I will never get them back should that occur."

"I am in need of some unorthodox assistance from some very capable and resourceful people. Of course, I also wish to avoid scandal so discretion is of the utmost importance as well."

Code:

Spells Cast: 
Abilities Used: 
Conditions in effect:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads