• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Faith and Good Works

Systole

First Post
GM: [MENTION=29558]Mowgli[/MENTION] The roll that I think you're referring to is listed as K:Religion in the post. Unless I missed a Perception roll, I'll need one of those for the mural.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Which is which, though? And does it work or is it just a distraction from the real solution to this puzzle?"

Orlando tilts his head and squints at the mural again. Then he tilts his head the other direction. Straightening he points at the Serroth-figure with the long metal probe he had in hand.

"Look here. Do you see that? Serroth's face... He seems to be speaking; quite different from the other figures in the mural."

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand: rapier

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera is not very helpful, staring at the mural, "Hey, a sailboat."*

"No, I guess not. I am sorry, Fury. But, I am coming up with nothing so far. Maybe we need to speak scripture in front of the archway?"

"Or we can toss a dead body through the shimmering to see what will happen. Might give us a clue, at least."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

* OOC: Just had to quote Mallrats, sorry. :p

GlassEye

Adventurer
"I'd rather hold off on messing with the bodies if we can help it. Scripture; that's a good idea. Hold on a second, though."

He steps up close to the mural, leaning closer still so that he can place his ear near Serroth's mouth. He isn't sure what he's doing exactly, other than testing a theory, but feels odd enough about the situation that he makes sure his ear doesn't touch the wall. He listens a moment, half expecting to hear a voice.

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand: rapier

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
A long, quiet moment passes ... and nothing happens. As Fury is about to give up and step away, he becomes aware of a shifting under his feet. He leaps nimbly backward, and the section of floor he was standing on slides about two inches downward and stops with a click. A few heartbeats later, the entire mural slips backwards about an inch and then slides into the ceiling with only a faint sound of stone on stone.

The disappearing mural reveals an archway of black marble, identical in construction to the other three. From his vantage point, Fury can see a short corridor leading to a room dressed in the same black stone. He can also see enough of the intersections where one wall meets another to guess that the secret room is hexagonal, similar to the central room. Near the far wall is a statue -- also of black marble -- of what appears to be a human male in a cloak and hood.

[sblock=Updated map]
Tomb_entrance_mural.png
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Quadruple post. I think that's gotta be a record. Thank you, EnWorld, for making me look like a complete re-re.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

[sblock=OOC]
Quadruple post. I think that's gotta be a record. Thank you, EnWorld, for making me look like a complete re-re.
Well, I could not even get on at times yesterday. Appears to be back to normal now, though.[/sblock]Cythera eyebrows raise in surprise as she wonders if it was something she said, Fury's actions, or just being lucky that revealed the secret passage. In any case, glances sidelong at the husky and sees him with a canine grin.

Frowning, she quips, "I do not think so, Carak. You did not know it was there all along."

Looking back to Fury, she asks, "Before we enter, do you see the triggering mechanism somewhere? It would be very unfortunate to enter and be trapped. Maybe one of us should stay here to keep it open, or re-open it if it closes."

She makes no move to enter until Fury checks for traps at least, regardless.

Carak sits on his haunches and waits.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Remove ads