[LPF] Faith and Good Works

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

After the wizard leaves, Cythera shrugs and replies to Ben, "Would you pardon us for a moment while we discuss. "

Gesturing to Bren and Fury to step aside for some privacy, she begins to talk when they cannot be overheard, "I can respect Ben feelings on this, but he might not be exactly objective either. Nor did he actually do the work of defeating Rattegift."

"Constructing a workforce of servants is not the same thing as enslaving people who were once free and deserve to remain free. Unless the consortium is breaking laws, I do not really have an issue with selling the information. I was more worried about abuse of power than anything else, since I would feel responsible should something terrible happens."

"But, we can always check in on them later and deal with it ourselves. Perhaps that oversight can be a part of our agreement with them."
She looks to Fury and Bren with an expression of inquiry.

[sblock=OOC]Actually, as a player I would like to take the wizard up on the offer to gain access to the shopping. This might not be possible if the whole group cannot accept the deal. Cythera can justify doing so with her alignment and personality. The NPC was just making it hard to trust him. ;)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 87 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 5/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 3/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"Not unlawful, but also not necessarily good. I can concede that a mindless construct is not the same as a slave; however, this process could also be used to construct a mindless army. And once the knowledge belongs to this Nyssal and his organization - about which we really know nothing - there is nothing keeping them from contracting their services to other nations, who might not be so scrupulous in their uses of it. Imaging an army of those things marching at the head of the Rhat'matanis war machine . . ." The Irthian diplomat shudders at the thought.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Breninyr Hydref
Initiative: +0
AC: 26 (23 Flat-Footed, 22 Touch)
HP: 32/62
CMB: +8 CMD: 26 (+10/28 Bull Rush)(+10/28 Grapple)
Fort: +11 Reflex: +08 Will: +17

Senses: DarkVision
Perception: +15, Sense Motive: +10

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Special Abilities: Advice (03/10 Rnds), Calming Touch (09/09), Channel Energy (07/10)
Special Abilities: Inspiring Command (08/09), Stunning Fist: Fatigue, Crushing Blow (06/07)
Special Abilities: Ki Pool (05/08)

Prayers Available
Orisons: Detect Magic, Guidance, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st Level: Bless, Bless, Murderous Command, Ray of Sickening, Sanctuary, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Bull's Strength, Prot from Evil (C), Shield Other, Silence, Spiritual Weapon, Spiritual Weapon
3rd Level: Archon's Aura, Chain of Perdition, Invisibility Purge, Prayer
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Unfortunately, wizards do not make great diplomats.

Ben is definitely biased, as he feels that creating life and healing the sick should be divine.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, Venzan bravo

"Well," begins Fury, "I'm a whole lot more inclined to tolerate my friends' biases rather than those of obnoxious strangers. And Breninyr's points hold a lot of weight in my mind. I'd rather not see a bunch of 'spawn cavorting about in the forests north of my home. If it were solely up to me I'd let Ben take what he needs and burn the rest."

Fury rubs his chin and shakes his head. "I have no doubt that Nyssal will give what he said he'll give for the notes. But I don't trust a man who finds it acceptable to double-cross friends." He nods. "Yes, his parting words, magically sent to my ears, were an offer of a private arrangement between me and him if I could get the work away from the two of you."

[sblock=OOC/Actions]Yes, the shopping is a powerful incentive; I don't think Fury would like to deal with Nyssal, though.[/sblock]

• Orlando Furioso •

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 7 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +12

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +8 CMD: 24 Fort: +4 Ref: +14 Will: +6

In Hand: rapier
Effects/Conditions:

Bard Spells
Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2
Spells Known:
1st: Expedition Retreat, Feather Step, Vanish
0-level: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Sift[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

After hearing her companions opinions Cythera looks at Carak for his. The answer is most profound, he is busy licking his arse from between his legs.

The dragon disciple snorts, "Well, I think his vote is the deciding factor."

"Nyssal is out of luck on this, the knowledge is either destroyed or left up to Ben to dispose of. Pity about the access to high quality magic items, but what can you do when morals get into the way, eh?"

Cythera is wry in her tone, but not upset about the outcome. It is what it is.

[sblock=OOC]Heh, the LN can justify it. The NG says it is not Good, votes "nay". And the CN surprisingly turns down the offer. ;)
I was sure Fury was going to go free spirited on this one and take the deal. Lol. I think Fury is turning over a new leaf.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 25 (22 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 87 Current: 87
CMB: +13 CMD: 28 (29 vs. Sundering) Fort: +8 Reflex: +9 Will: +8
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Glaive
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 5/5 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
2nd Level 3/3 (Glitterdust(DC14), Minor Image, Gallant Inspiration)

Carak
Initiative: +2; Senses: low-light vision, scent; Perception: +8
AC: 16 (flat-footed 14, touch 12) HP: 13/13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5(6) Reflex: +5(6) Will: +1(2)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
Carak-Husky.jpg
Carak

Systole

First Post
[sblock=GM]Well, I for one am glad that I was able to give you a real dilemma. It's kind of tough to do that in the context of TBX and TBG, and I wasn't sure it worked. With that said, your decision has most definitely shaped the future of E'n, at least as far as future adventures that I write.

I'll get the final awards together in the next day or two.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Thanks, Systole, I have thoroughly enjoyed this adventure from start to finish.

As for Fury, he's been turning over a leaf for a long time now and I should probably file off the neutral and replace it with good. Zelena took the brunt of his most chaotic days and even though he argued with her over morals and ethics I feel that character influenced Fury greatly. Plus, Fury considers himself friends with two do-good reformers. Breninyr is just the latest in a line of good influences. :D[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
GM: Final XP totals as of 29 May 2013
Fury: 79275
Cythera: 88606
Bren: 128872

Final GP rewards as of 29 May 2013
Fury: +46587 gp
Cythera: +49101 gp
Bren: +56814 gp

Available loots
Mithril platemail (1 @ 10500gp)
Mithril heavy shield (1 @ 1020gp)
Mithril heavy pick (1 @ 4008gp)
Breastplate +1 (2 @ 1350gp)
Heavy steel shield +1 (2 @ 1170gp)
Amulet of natural armor +1 (2 @ 2000gp)
Jaunt boots (1 @ 7200gp)
@Satin Knights Please check totals, por favor. I'll shoot you the spreadsheet if you PM me an email address, or I can send it to the LPF gmail account.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
[sblock=Judge Approval]Almost correct. Systole, you copied the white column for Fury and Bren, and the red column for Cythera on the XP total columns. So, tweak that, and it will be all set. Fury: 79, 275 XP, Bren: 128,872 XP. The difference comes out as the last day's TXP earned.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases