[LPF] In Love and Death

CootaR

First Post
Krag

Krag moves forward and lays a warming touch on the tiny giant, and proceeds to take the lead moving around the pit.

OOC: lay on hands.

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

With Zelena being lifted to safety and tended to by the two half-orcs, Yoshiki takes this opportunity to slip past them and duck into the shadows down the stairs.

Edit: By Yo almost trips over his own feet and stumbles loudly down the stairs, barely keeping himself from falling.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Yoshiki stumbles down the stair and by the time he catches himself he is nearly at the bottom and in the main room of the mausoleum.

The room is dimly lit by a candle that lights up a man who can only be Efrem Moretti. He is glassy eyed with hair and clothing in disarray and he sits on the edge of an open sarcophagus the lid of which has been slid off and broken by the impact on the floor. A female corpse lies partially in the sarcophagus and Efrem holds its head in his lap stroking its hair.

To one side of the sarcophagus stands a skeleton in ornate armor with a sword strapped to one side. The fires of unlife burn hotly in its eye sockets. Along the walls are arrayed six skeletons dressed in shredded and decaying finery but bearing no weapons.

Efrem looks up and smiles at Yoshiki. "I am Efrem Moretti." He motions towards the walls. "These are my honored ancestors and the Moretti family patriarch." He smiles down at the corpse in his lap. "And this is my lovely wife, Mitra."

Yoshiki glances down, eyes pulled by the movement of Efrem's spider-like fingers through the corpse's hair, and he immediately notices a concavity in the woman's skull that likely caused her death.

[sblock=Damages]Kanli: 9
Krag: 4
Yoshiki: 4
Zelena: 11[/sblock][sblock=OOC]If initiative breaks out it'll progress in the following order:
Party
Efrem & his boney crew[/sblock]

Attachments

• EMMausoleum1.jpg
    EMMausoleum1.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 3)

Realizing that he'd have no chance of reaching the necromancer and survive the onslaught that he'd personally take if he tried, Yo instead yells loud enough for those still up the stairs to hear before stepping into the room and striking out again the closest skeleton. "Your ancestors should be resting, let me help!"

OOC:
Free Action: 5-foot step down the steps to F5.
Full Round Action: Flurry of Blows against Skeleton #6 (-1 Atk/+1 AC for Combat Expertise, AC now 18)

Songdragon

Explorer
Zelena thanks Kalani, "Thank you for getting me out of there..." she grunts in a little pit of pain from where the spikes managed to penetrate. "And for the healing..." She gnome then prays to Ral and asks for his kindness in healing one of his faithful servants...

Feeling better with all the healing, she makes her way down with the others, "Greetings to you Efrem... ancestors of the Moretti." She gives a short bow with respect as she looks at the undead before them... as Yo decides to attack Zelena gives a sigh as diplomacy became rather moot.

(( CLW (use prot. from evil spell for 1d8+2=10 Praise be Ral. Identify undead... Knowledge (Religion) 11 (invisible castle went on me) ))

[sblock=Zelena's Mini-Stats]Zelena Andu Gnome Cleric 2/Bard 2
Initiative: +2 Perception: +10
Conditions: none
AC: 21 (13 touch; 19 flat-footed)
HP: 34 of 34
CMB: +1 CMD: 12 Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +8
In Hand: long sword (+3, 1d6) and shield
Spells: Divine (0-level) Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize; (1st level) Bless, Magic Stone, Protection from Evil, Remove Fear(d) (color notes a cast spell)
Arcane Spell Slots 0-level (at will) 1st level: 3 of 4 slots remaining (Grease, Silent Image, Vanish)
Channeling: 3 of 5 attempts remaining; Liberation: 1 of 1 attempts remaining; Agile Feet 5 of 5 attempts remaining

Celebfedhiin (Riding Dog)
Initiative: +2 Senses: low-light vision, scent Perception: +8
Conditions: none
AC: 15 (12 touch; 13 flat-footed)
HP: 13 of 13
CMB: +3 CMD: 15 (19 vs. trip) Fort: +5 Ref: +5 Will: +1
In Hand: Melee bite +3 (1d6+3 plus trip) [/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Yoshiki moves down the stair into the mausoleum proper, advances on one of Efrem's honored ancestors and with rapid-fire strikes shatters the skeleton into a multitude of bone fragments.

The change in Efrem at this turn of events is marked: his eyes focus into a glare at the monk and his mouth twists into a snarl.

"That was Salveo Moretti, my great, great grandfather!" So overwhelmed by his anger that he can hardly continue to speak, Efrem roars wordlessly.

OOC: Kanli & Krag's turn
[sblock=Damages]Kanli: 9
Krag: 4
Zelena: 1[/sblock]

Attachments

• EMMausoleum1.jpg
    EMMausoleum1.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 70

CootaR

First Post
Necromencer

You haves no right to use dead people for fun! Krag am sad and MAD!

With that Krag rushes toward the deranged man, his sword gathering an illuminating glow as his turns his rage at the necromancer, or necromencer as Krag so elegantly has put.

OOC: OOC: Using smite Evil versus the Necromancer

Moving to B4 - If the Sarcophagus lid hinders movement Ill move to c5 and slash the closest skeleton.

For the sake of moving combat I'll roll as though I hit with the smite, if movement is impassable just drop the additional bonus.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"I agree, Zelena," Kanli replies, "This is a man who could enjoy the embrace of the Blood Goddess."

He calls out, "Efrem Moretti! Great caretaker of the grand history of House Moretti! It is I, the Sanguine Prophet, the Bringer of Blood, the Red Hand. Your prayers have been answered, and I have come to deliver your just reward. Come, your deliverance for your hard work is here!"

In his enlarged form, Kanli strides purposefully into the room.

(OOC: Cast Divine Favor, move in).

[sblock=stats]
Kanli the Mad
Aberrant Sorcerer 3 / Bones Oracle 1
Initiative +2 Perception -2
Enlarged, Divine Favor
HP 15/24
AC 16 (touch 14, ff 14) (Shield still up?)
BAB +1
CMB +6 CMD 17
Fort +3 Ref +4 Will +4
Acidic Ray 8/8, Sorc spells 3/7, Oracle spells 1/5
Attack: Silver Greataxe +1, Attack +5, Damage 3d6+5, Crit x3, Silver, Magic, Reach 10'
Attack: Chill Touch, Touch Attack +4, Damage 1d6, Bleed 1, Fort DC 16 or 1 Str Damage, Crit x2, Reach 15'
Attack: Acidic Ray (Blood Spittle), Ranged Touch Attack +3, Damage 1d6+1, Range 30'
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
The broken piece of the sarcophagus lid tilted up against the stone sarcophagus itself prevents Krag from closing on Efrem Moretti as he wanted but he redirects his ire onto one of the skeletal Moretti ancestors. His attack is ineffectual as the sword is deflected by bone and armor.

Kanli strides into the room proclaiming himself the Sanguine Prophet bearing deliverance for Efrem Moretti and strengthening himself with the power of the Blood Goddess.

Efrem Moretti hesitates and gazes down at his dead wife. "Mitra, my love, your blood was weak and less noble than I needed. That’s why…" He shakes his head and breaks off to glare and scream with spittle spraying at Kanli. "Where were you and your goddess when I needed you!" As abruptly as his anger rose it falls away again and his face takes on an icy regality and he stands. [color=#cc990]"I am the Master of Bone! The blood of nobility runs in my veins! Your weak, watered-down blood can bring nothing to me now."[/color]

As Efrem stands the corpse of his wife slips down inside the sarcophagus and out of view. He steps over the edge of the sarcophagus and begins chanting the words to a spell.

On the other side the Moretti patriarch in its ornate armor turns his undead, fiery gaze upon Kanli and an eery, bone-grating laugh emanates from it. "Bone. Bone and fire." It laughs again and the fire in its eye sockets blazes up and the skeleton bursts into hot flames. It steps forward, drawing its sword, and attacks Kanli. The attack hits and flames from the skeleton blaze along the length of the sword burning the half-orc.

Almost as one the skeletons move in, sharp bony fingers slashing at Kanli and Krag tearing numerous wounds in the flesh of the two half-orcs.

As Efrem Moretti finishes his spell the room suddenly becomes much darker, his spell negating the light provided by Zelena's ioun torch. The only light now is the dim light of the candle in the corner near Efrem and the dim fiery light put off by the burning skeleton.

OOC: It would be helpful to me if coordinate were used when stating your movement; keeps me from having to guess your intentions and likely getting it wrong.

Any spells that were up last combat with durations of 1 minute/level, like Kanli’s shield, are likely still up for the duration of this combat. It hasn’t been that long since the end of the last combat.

Skeleton 1 would provoke an AoO from Kanli if Kanli has axe in hand.

Note: Dim light now causes 20% miss chance if you don't have darkvision.
[sblock=Damages]Kanli: 22
Krag: 13
Zelena: 1[/sblock]

Attachments

• EMMausoleum1.jpg
    EMMausoleum1.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Remove ads