PF [LPF] Memories of the Past

GlassEye

Community Supporter
This is... Memories of the Past

This adventure draws elements from past adventures run for Living Pathfinder (particularly ‘Lady of Lake Laguna’ and ‘Sunken Temple’) hence the title. You aren’t prohibited from reading them but you aren’t required to read them either. I hope you'll enjoy this adventure but a lot of that enjoyment is in your hands. Interact with NPCs and especially interact with one another. I encourage you to make this story your own as much as you can.

GM: GlassEye
Start Date: 9 Jan 2016

Participants
Aelspeth [MENTION=6794573]MerryMortician[/MENTION]
Arradon [MENTION=6795047]ealt[/MENTION]
Autumn [MENTION=6778347]FrancisJohn[/MENTION]
Erin [MENTION=6700202]Anastrace[/MENTION]
Levanna [MENTION=74623]BlueLotus[/MENTION]
Rak’tan [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION]
Zinnelis [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

[size=+1]Expectations and Other Information[/size]

Problems
If you have a problem, feel free to send me a private message. If you have a problem with me, you can talk to me or you can talk to any of the LPF judges.

Dice Rolling
I prefer coyotecode.net but you can use any other online dice roller as long as you can post a link to your rolls. You can also use the local dice roller, if you like.

Initiative
We'll use group initiative. Individual initiative takes too long in an already slow medium, especially with a group this size. I will roll initiative for every participant and post which side goes first. If someone has a superb roll and their team loses initiave they may receive a free round of actions before regular combat.

Mapping
I’ll post a map link whenever we are in combat. It is up to you to move your token. If you aren’t able to do so, let me know and I, or one of the other players, will do it for you.

Posting Expectations
Check on the game often! Post as often as you can. My preference is for everyone to post every other day at a minimum. If you can't meet this expectation or can't post for an extended period of time (beyond a couple of days) let us know! It sucks to be waiting on someone for a long time with no idea of what is going on. I will be more strict on posting frequency during combat. If I post that it is your turn I expect everyone to post within 48 hours (but prefer combat posts to occur within 24 hours to keep things moving). If you don't/can't your character will either delay or take a basic action just so I can keep things moving.
OOC Comments
LPF games don’t have a separate OOC thread. Please keep OOC comments in sblocks so they don’t disrupt the action as much.

Statblocks
Please include a statblock in sblocks with every post. At a minimum I would like a link to your character sheet, hit point total, armor class, and initiative. Include whatever other information you might find useful for yourself. I've borrowed an example MiniStatblock from Aura. Modify to your need.
[sblock=Example MiniStats][sblock=Charity Mini Stats][URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Charity_%28Aura%29"][B][COLOR=#0066cc]Charity[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[COLOR=blue]AC:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]HP:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]23/23[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]CMB:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+4[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]CMD:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]15[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Fort:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Reflex:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+5[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Will:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Perception:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Sense Motive:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+6[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Initiative:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Lay on Hands remaining:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]4/4[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Smite remaining:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]1/1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Current Weapon in Hand:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Glaive[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Current Conditions in Effect:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Ioun Torch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Temporary items in possession:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]none[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Items not currently in possession:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Silk Rope[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Items depleted:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]none[/COLOR][/sblock]
[/sblock]

tl;dr
Be awesome! Have fun!
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter


Encounter 1: Harran Hunters -- 2400 xp (400 xp ea); 3000 gp (500 gp ea)
Aelspeth removed from game as of last post 2/3/2016.

Encounter 2: Ectoplasmic Creatures -- 1800 xp (360 xp ea); 2300 gp (460 gp ea)


Items
Heart of the Lady (no value)
+1 Cold Iron Greatsword (4400 gp)
Efficient Quiver (1800 gp)
(x60) Cold Iron arrows (6 gp)
 
Last edited:

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Ioso Springheel



Whether you've come at the ancient, halfling wizardess Ungalla's bidding or the notice tacked up on the wall of the Dunn Wright Inn you cross the small piazza and enter the Library of Society. The Library is a small, specialized library dedicated to one of the circles of knowledge recognized by Sapian scholars and located in one of the minor districts of Venza. Most of the structure is composed of storage for books and scrolls and study tables but there is a small chapel and numerous meditation/study rooms. The acolyte that met you at the door led you to one such study room when given Ioso Springheel's name.

The room is well appointed with dark-stained wood and shelves. Minor relics of the Sapian faith litter the shelves amongst the books shelved here and the wall opposite the doorway has a large painting of 'Sapo Incendio', Sapo as the wielder of fire, hanging on it. There is a heavy wooden library table stacked high with books scattered in a semi-circle around the single occupant of the room.

The occupant is a halfling, dressed in well-worn, rather common traveling clothes. His attention is fully on the books scattered around him and he mumbles words as he reads. A rustle of cloth, a scrape of a heel, some sound draws his attention and he looks up.

"Come in! I have been expecting you, or someone, anyway. Have a seat." He motions to the three spare chairs in the room. "I am Ioso Springheel, humble brother of the Order of Poor Scholars."
 

FrancisJohn

Villager
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic


Autumn timidly enters the study, her newly bespectacled eyes drawn to the stores of knowledge adorning the shelves. "H-h-hello. My name is Autumn. Autumn Foxfire. I-I-I-I was sent by Miss Ungalla. I hope I can be of help...." Unsure of why she is so awkward, she nervously takes a seat, soaking up her surroundings as she hopefully waits for her new friends.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Perception to notice anything unique or interesting: 1D20+15 = [3]+15 = 18

Knowledge (Local) to have heard anything about the Temple of Sapo: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 23/23 NL: 0
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Perception: +15
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Entangle, Jump, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed: Bow
Conditions:

Game Notes:
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

BlueLotus

Villager
luRSYul.jpg
Levanna walks into the room following Autum. She stops, two steps in, her eyes sweeping around the shelves and tables. A smile crosses her lips which she makes no attempt to hide. "Levanna," she says, distractedly.

She walks past the chairs, her cloak brushing lightly across the floor, to the nearest bookshelf. An extended finger traces along the spines as she scans the titles. She passes over many of the volumes before finally pulling one from the shelf. She cracks the tome open and browses through the pages, turning her body to face the halfling, as if indicating she's at least listening.

[sblock=Levanna Mini Stats]Levanna
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 07/07
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +6
Initiative: +6

Cantrips Prepared: Prestidigitation, Light, Acid Splash
Level 1 spells prepared: Mage Armor, Color Spray

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

ealt

Villager
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon silently enters Ioso's study, closing the door behind him with a dull click. His black leather armor and cloak nearly blend with the dark-stained wood of the room. Keen elven eyes take in the study and its clutter. He gives Autumn a slight nod of acknowledgement. His eyes narrow slightly as they study the unfamiliar woman who also appears to have answered the halfling's call. He casually leans up against a nearby bookcase with his arms crossed across his chest, revealing his exposed left arm; pale flesh and a colorful wrapping in stark contrast with his somber garb.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Dodge

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Library of Society/Study Room

Zinnelis received adequate directions and found himself in one of the minor wards of the city of Venza. As he crossed the piazza, he eyed the small building, the human architecture so heavy and ponderous compared to the elven architecture he was used to. It even lacked the solid permanence of dwarven construction.

Zinn was met at the portal by the porter and introduced himself, mentioning Ioso Springheel’s name, The elven ranger was led through the halls of the building, past shelves and cubbies for books and scrolls, and a small chapel, until they reached a particular study room just in time to see the door clicking closed.

“Thank you,” Zinn told the acolyte before trying the door and finding it unlocked. He slipped in silently, his green eyes taking in the room and the people inside. A halfling dressed in traveling clothes was nearly hidden behind stacks of books on the table. An auburn-haired human woman in leather armor sat in a chair by the table. She seemed nervous for some reason. Zinn noticed the bow she carried, the longsword at her hip. Another human woman with black hair perused the shelves of books. She wore robes and a long cloak, holding a staff with a light crossbow at her hip. Finally, leaning against a bookcase, was the dark-haired elven male Zinnelis had seen at the Inn, his daggers hanging low at his hips. His eyes narrowed, seeing the tattoo encircling the elf’s arm clearly for the first time, thorns and roses.

Zinnelis took up his own position across the room, leaving one of the remaining chairs for the dark-haired lady. He leaned his bow nearby, within easy reach. The light from the window brought out the green in what might be presumed to be black hair. He was tall, lean, and lithe, like a typical elf, and his skin tanned from outdoor life. His leathers were a green-brown, well-traveled by the looks of them, though kept in good condition. Besides the bow, he had a longsword and dagger on his belt.

“Zinnelis Laediril responding to your job notice,” the elf said quietly.



KN

[sblock=Zinnelis Mini Stats]Zinnelis
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)
Initiative: +5

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts +2
Feat: Point Blank Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Ioso Springheel



Ioso nods to each person when they introduce themselves. He watches Autumn as she takes note of a small statuette carved from ivory of a man wrestling a bull to the ground. He motions towards the statuette.

"That's the Gorram Bull. Named for an episode in Saint Goro's life when he wrestled a rampant bull. It's not a long story but you didn't come here to listen to me recite the lives of the Sapian Saints. You came, presumably, because you were either sent here by Ungalla of the Tower of Chains or you read my notice in the Dunn Wright Inn." Ioso marks his place in his book with a ribbon and closes it.

"There have been a number of unsettling occurrences in the region. The citizens of Kingsholm have reported that there is an unquiet spirit roaming the hillside of their graveyard. Kingsholm has great respect for their ancestors and want the spirit laid to rest without violence done to it if possible. I would look into this myself but the spirit has been harmless so far and Capoe, to the south, sends word of dark magics and suspects a tree-witch that I must investigate. I need you to travel to Kingsholm, communicate with their spirit, and lay it to rest if you can."

Ioso retrieves a cylindrical package of waxed linen from the floor next to the desk. He unwraps it to reveal a large candle. "I hope one of you knows the way to Kingsholm and will be able to guide the others." He motions to the candle. "And one of you, at least, knows magic and will be able to use this. This is a spirit candle. It will draw the attention of the unquiet spirit of Kingsholm and let you communicate with it for as long as the candle burns but only during the hours of dark. It is my hope that you will discover what has disturbed this spirit and be able to set things right."

[sblock=Autumn]Hm. There is a Tower of Chains, the Temple of Sapo, and the Order of Poor Scholars, but no Tower of Sapo so I'm not exactly sure what you want me to respond about. Also, there are a number of interesting items within the study room; the bull statue is just one of many.[/sblock][sblock=Levanna]Most of the book titles Levanna scanned seem to be political and historical in nature and mostly of the local region and the Landadel Baronies. The book she opened deals with the founding of Venza and includes a lot of mythic history of which the bull statue represents one episode.[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Library of Society/Study Room

“I know the way to Kingsholme,” Zinnelis nodded in affirmation. “Four days, barring weather.” He paused. “And if the spirit does not wish to be laid to rest peacefully?” he asked. He eyed the candle the cleric unwrapped. That was outside his expertise. “What kind of spirit are we talking about?” Incorporeal creatures could prove difficult. “We might need some holy water,” he suggested.



KN

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril

HP: 11/11 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 13 T: 12

Initiative: +5

CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)
Stealth: +7
Track: +8 (Favored Enemy +10)

Longbow::+4, 1d8, Crit: 20/x3, P, 100 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet
Favored Enemy: +2/+2
Arrows Available: 60/60
Longsword: +3, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
Favored Enemy: +2/+2
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P
Thrown: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P, 10 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet
Favored Enemy: +2/+2

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts +2

Spells Prepared
None

Armed: None
Conditions: None

Game Notes:
[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

Villager
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn blushes when Ioso catches her staring, but begins to listen to Zinnelis thoughtfully. She considers what he said about the four days of travel, and how to interact with the spirit. She also wonders if Aelspeth will be coming, as well as her new tiefling companions Erin and Rak'tan.

[/section]
[sblock=Rolls]Predict weather: 16
Knowledge Religion: 19
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Oops. Thought it was Tower of Sapo. Misread it from the other thread. Let's assume Autumn meant Temple of Sapo. I'll edit my previous post.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 23/23 NL: 0
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
K. Local: +2
K. Nature: +7 (+9 travel in wild, avoid hazards, predict weather)
K. Religion: +2
Perception: +15
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Entangle, Jump, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed: Bow
Conditions:

Game Notes:
[/sblock]
 

BlueLotus

Villager


Levanna looks up, shuts the tome, and cradles it in her arm as Ioso mentions the candle. She walks over and takes it from his outstretched palm. "Indeed," she says as she holds it up with her free hand and considers it from several angles.

Levanna glances at the other occupants of the room seemingly for the first time. She briefly weighs them with a considering eye, but keeps her thoughts to herself and her face guarded. "Although I have never used such a candle before. Are there any rituals involved, or will simply lighting it suffice?" she asks.

Levanna folds the wrapping back around the candle and tucks it somewhere beneath her cloak. Her smile returns and she declares "I can never resist a good mystery. I would be happy to help." before holding the tome up for Ioso to see and interjecting. "Does your order loan out volumes such as this one?"

[sblock=Roll]Knowledge (arcana) on the candle: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7
to see if she knows anything further about this candle beyond what he says. I messed up the modifier. It's supposed to be +8 (see character sheet) for a total of 10.[/sblock]

[sblock=Levanna Mini Stats]Levanna
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 07/07
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: varies +3 to +8 Sense Motive: varies +2 to +4
Initiative: +6

Cantrips prepared: Prestidigitation, Light, Acid Splash
Level 1 spells prepared: Mage Armor, Color Spray

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Ioso Springheel



Ioso nodded when Zinnelis spoke up. "Good. You'll guide and guard, then." When he continued he addressed all of you but answered the questions Zinnelis and Levanna asked. "I don't know what sort of spirit; the villagers of Kingsholm haven't read 'Thano's Classification of the Spirit-World', not that that work would be terribly relevant in the real world anyway." He looks like he could easily be diverted into a discussion but forces himself to continue.

"They couldn't say much more than the spirit was restless. It doesn't seem to be bent on vengeance or other violent exploits but it is unnerving to the locals. Despite this, they feel it is walking for a reason. They want to find out why and have someone fix it before some greater doom falls on their town.

I haven't used a candle like this one before. Lighting it should be enough to activate its magic and draw the spirit's attention. It should also ground it to the material world; enough that you can communicate with it and perhaps enough that you can harm it. The villagers won't thank you if it comes to that. If it proves to be violent I don't expect you to fight it. Snuffing the candle should sever its link to the material and prevent it from harming you. The real task will be dealing with the information you discover."


Ioso motions towards the book that Levanna has indicated. "We don't generally lend books. We have no problem with allowing scholars to use the works here, but... Take it. You never know what might prove useful.

As for payment for your services, Kingsholm has agreed to contribute, the Order will fund the rest. Unfortunately for you, payable after. Now, any other questions?"


[sblock=Levanna]Unfortunately, that roll isn't quite enough for Levanna to get any more info about the candle than Ioso tells her. The book, however, will function as a masterwork tool for Knowledge (religion), providing a +2 bonus for checks concerning Venza's mythic history.[/sblock][sblock=Autumn]The Temple of Sapo: primary services to Sapo are held in the Great Cathedral but there are a number of library/chapels in every district. There are several orders involved in Sapo's temple: the Order of Poor Scholars is a mendicant order but also advocates active use of their scholarly works. Sapo himself is the god of knowledge but he appears older than his mother and has a strong druidical vibe. Not really enough for that roll but it's all I have to offer.[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

Villager
[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the background detail! Any word on the weather roll? I'll get an IC post up in the morn. [/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Library of Society/Study Room

Zinnelis considered the priest’s assurances. He had no expertise in undead, so would have to take the man’s word for it. He looked over the rest of his companions. “Do you wish to set out now, or take the rest of the day for travel preparations and set out at first light?” he asked them. “Do you wish to travel on foot or horseback?”

[sblock=Riding]

I’m assuming riding would have the time the trip takes. I’m a po’ 1st level adventurer, so I can’t afford to buy a horse, though I can buy a donkey. What would it cost to rent a horse for the trip? That is, if we take horses.
[/sblock]



[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril

HP: 11/11 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 13 T: 12

Initiative: +5

CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)
Stealth: +7
Track: +8 (Favored Enemy +10)

Longbow::+4, 1d8, Crit: 20/x3, P, 100 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet
Favored Enemy: +2/+2
Arrows Available: 60/60
Longsword: +3, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
Favored Enemy: +2/+2
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P
Thrown: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P, 10 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet
Favored Enemy: +2/+2

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts +2

Spells Prepared
None

Armed: None
Conditions: None

Game Notes:
[/sblock]
 

FrancisJohn

Villager
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Being surrounded by all of the imagery of Sapo, Autumn cannot but help feel some sort of connection to his fiery essence. It all feels very familiar, uncannily reminding of her own personal connection to the source of her own powers, the Harran forrest. The druid is filled with wonder, and vows to herself to return someday. But drawn out by the ranger's voice, she slips out of her own thoughts, back to the present moment.

The thinks back to what her mother always said. There is no control the past, and certainly none over the future. There is always the present. "Maybe we should leave right away?"

She turns and speaks to the halfling. "Ioso, that sounds like a f-fine agreement. Count me in. Do you think we can borrow that book on Thano's Classification anyway, in case we have some downtime during our travels?"



[/section]

[sblock=Rolls]Predict weather: 16
Knowledge Religion: 19
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I should have been more specific about the religion roll. It was meant to check for any specific insight about the risen spirit. And the weather too.

What time of day is it now?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet


HP: 23/23 NL: 0
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
K. Local: +2
K. Nature: +7 (+9 travel in wild, avoid hazards, predict weather)
K. Religion: +2
Perception: +15
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Entangle, Jump, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed: Bow
Conditions:

Game Notes:
[/sblock]
 

BlueLotus

Villager


Levanna bows her head appreciatively. "I will take good care of it," she says, holding the book protectively in both arms. She notices the empty chair, then glances at the standing ranger.

"I uh... *ahem* I do not own a horse myself. Perhaps we could take a coach at least part of the way? My understanding is the going rate is three coppers a mile," she coughs, settling down into the chair. "But yes. I am otherwise prepared to leave."

[sblock=OOC]Levanna can be oblivious to the mundane. And she's lazy.[/sblock]

[sblock=Levanna Mini Stats]Levanna
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 07/07
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: varies +3 to +8 Sense Motive: varies +2 to +4
Initiative: +6

Cantrips prepared: Prestidigitation, Light, Acid Splash
Level 1 spells prepared: Mage Armor, Color Spray

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]
 

ealt

Villager
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon straightens up from his previous leaning position and takes a step towards the door. He half-turns to face the others, "We have our mission, we'd best get started." His voice is surprisingly pleasing with a slight trilling accent that indicates Venzan is not his native tongue. He turns back to the door and proceeds into the hallway.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1


Feats: Blind-Fight,Dodge

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]
 

GlassEye

Community Supporter
Ioso Springheel



Ioso sat back and listened until Autumn asked about 'Thano's Classification'. He nodded and rummaged amongst the books on the table until he found the one he wanted and drew it from the pile. He slid it over to Autumn. "This book may prove more useful than the other. Sapo grant you understanding."

[sblock=OOC]Let me know how you plan to proceed. If you need more info, ask and I'll try to answer.

Time of day: mid-morning.

It’s 72 miles to Kingsholm. That’s a four day walk, two for a horse that isn’t encumbered. A carriage would take 2-2.5 days and cost 2.16 gp per passenger for the trip to Kingsholm. Horses can be rented at the Grand Stable. I’m assuming a similar cost of 3 cp per mile.

Weather: it has been cooler but the next day should be warm and breezy like an early spring day (according to Autumn).

Like the other book, Thano’s Classification is a MW tool, but for identifying incorporeal undead.

Unfortunately, 'wandering spirit' isn’t quite enough information to make an informed identification without more first-hand experience of it.[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Library of Society/Study Room

As the consensus seemed to be for an immediate departure, Zinnelis straightened and picked up his pack and bow. “Then we shall leave immediately,” he said. They could forgo the horses, though he eyed the wizard a bit warily when she suggested a carriage. Zinn couldn’t remember the last time he’d been in a carriage. “There is still much daylight remaining, so we should make good progress. Let us meet at the north gate in an hour. I will procure a pack animal for whatever extra gear you wish, and rations, though I can hunt along the way, as well.”

He turned to follow Arradon out of the room to head for the livery and general store. He was at the north gate within the hour.

[sblock=Actions
Purchase donkey (8 gp), feed x8 days (4 sp), rations x10 days (5 gp) = 13.4 gp
If you wish to buy rations for yourself, or split the cost with me, that’s fine. The donkey can carry them (currently Medium Encumbered)
[/sblock]



[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril

HP: 11/11 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 13 T: 12

Initiative: +5

CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)
Stealth: +7
Track: +8 (Favored Enemy +10)

Longbow::+4, 1d8, Crit: 20/x3, P, 100 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet
Favored Enemy: +2/+2
Arrows Available: 60/60
Longsword: +3, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
Favored Enemy: +2/+2
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P
Thrown: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P, 10 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet
Favored Enemy: +2/+2

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts +2

Spells Prepared
None

Armed: None
Conditions: None

Game Notes:

Donkey: Feed x8 (80 lb) + Rations x10 (10 lb) = 90 lb, Medium Encumbered=20 ft
[/sblock]
 

BlueLotus

Villager


"No time like the present, then. I will see about renting a horse for myself," Levanna says, standing and nodding a farewell. "Until next we meet, Ioso."

Still cradling the book in her arms, Levanna left to follow her new companions with her slippers clicking softly on the floor.

[sblock=OOC]Levanna will rent a horse for the trip and meet the others at the appointed hour.

Tangentially related to the game, could someone PM me a link to instructions on how to properly wrap text around an image? When I try the image just appears inline with the text.[/sblock]

[sblock=Levanna Mini Stats]Levanna
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 07/07
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: varies +3 to +8 Sense Motive: varies +2 to +4
Initiative: +6

Cantrips prepared: Prestidigitation, Light, Acid Splash
Level 1 spells prepared: Mage Armor, Color Spray

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top