Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Memories of the Past

GlassEye

Adventurer
This is... Memories of the Past

This adventure draws elements from past adventures run for Living Pathfinder (particularly ‘Lady of Lake Laguna’ and ‘Sunken Temple’) hence the title. You aren’t prohibited from reading them but you aren’t required to read them either. I hope you'll enjoy this adventure but a lot of that enjoyment is in your hands. Interact with NPCs and especially interact with one another. I encourage you to make this story your own as much as you can.

GM: GlassEye
Start Date: 9 Jan 2016

Participants
Aelspeth [MENTION=6794573]MerryMortician[/MENTION]
Arradon [MENTION=6795047]ealt[/MENTION]
Autumn [MENTION=6778347]FrancisJohn[/MENTION]
Erin [MENTION=6700202]Anastrace[/MENTION]
Levanna [MENTION=74623]BlueLotus[/MENTION]
Rak’tan [MENTION=6801450]Trogdor1992[/MENTION]
Zinnelis [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION]

[size=+1]Expectations and Other Information[/size]

Problems
If you have a problem, feel free to send me a private message. If you have a problem with me, you can talk to me or you can talk to any of the LPF judges.

Dice Rolling
I prefer coyotecode.net but you can use any other online dice roller as long as you can post a link to your rolls. You can also use the local dice roller, if you like.

Initiative
We'll use group initiative. Individual initiative takes too long in an already slow medium, especially with a group this size. I will roll initiative for every participant and post which side goes first. If someone has a superb roll and their team loses initiave they may receive a free round of actions before regular combat.

Mapping
I’ll post a map link whenever we are in combat. It is up to you to move your token. If you aren’t able to do so, let me know and I, or one of the other players, will do it for you.

Posting Expectations
Check on the game often! Post as often as you can. My preference is for everyone to post every other day at a minimum. If you can't meet this expectation or can't post for an extended period of time (beyond a couple of days) let us know! It sucks to be waiting on someone for a long time with no idea of what is going on. I will be more strict on posting frequency during combat. If I post that it is your turn I expect everyone to post within 48 hours (but prefer combat posts to occur within 24 hours to keep things moving). If you don't/can't your character will either delay or take a basic action just so I can keep things moving.
OOC Comments
LPF games don’t have a separate OOC thread. Please keep OOC comments in sblocks so they don’t disrupt the action as much.

Statblocks
Please include a statblock in sblocks with every post. At a minimum I would like a link to your character sheet, hit point total, armor class, and initiative. Include whatever other information you might find useful for yourself. I've borrowed an example MiniStatblock from Aura. Modify to your need.
[sblock=Example MiniStats][sblock=Charity Mini Stats][URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Charity_%28Aura%29"][B][COLOR=#0066cc]Charity[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[COLOR=blue]AC:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]HP:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]23/23[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]CMB:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+4[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]CMD:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]15[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Fort:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Reflex:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+5[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Will:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Perception:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Sense Motive:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+6[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Initiative:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Lay on Hands remaining:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]4/4[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Smite remaining:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]1/1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Current Weapon in Hand:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Glaive[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Current Conditions in Effect:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Ioun Torch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Temporary items in possession:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]none[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Items not currently in possession:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Silk Rope[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Items depleted:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]none[/COLOR][/sblock]
[/sblock]

tl;dr
Be awesome! Have fun!

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
5Mv2GL.png

Encounter 1: Harran Hunters -- 2400 xp (400 xp ea); 3000 gp (500 gp ea)
Aelspeth removed from game as of last post 2/3/2016.

Encounter 2: Ectoplasmic Creatures -- 1800 xp (360 xp ea); 2300 gp (460 gp ea)

Items
Heart of the Lady (no value)
+1 Cold Iron Greatsword (4400 gp)
Efficient Quiver (1800 gp)
(x60) Cold Iron arrows (6 gp)

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ioso Springheel

Whether you've come at the ancient, halfling wizardess Ungalla's bidding or the notice tacked up on the wall of the Dunn Wright Inn you cross the small piazza and enter the Library of Society. The Library is a small, specialized library dedicated to one of the circles of knowledge recognized by Sapian scholars and located in one of the minor districts of Venza. Most of the structure is composed of storage for books and scrolls and study tables but there is a small chapel and numerous meditation/study rooms. The acolyte that met you at the door led you to one such study room when given Ioso Springheel's name.

The room is well appointed with dark-stained wood and shelves. Minor relics of the Sapian faith litter the shelves amongst the books shelved here and the wall opposite the doorway has a large painting of 'Sapo Incendio', Sapo as the wielder of fire, hanging on it. There is a heavy wooden library table stacked high with books scattered in a semi-circle around the single occupant of the room.

The occupant is a halfling, dressed in well-worn, rather common traveling clothes. His attention is fully on the books scattered around him and he mumbles words as he reads. A rustle of cloth, a scrape of a heel, some sound draws his attention and he looks up.

"Come in! I have been expecting you, or someone, anyway. Have a seat." He motions to the three spare chairs in the room. "I am Ioso Springheel, humble brother of the Order of Poor Scholars."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn timidly enters the study, her newly bespectacled eyes drawn to the stores of knowledge adorning the shelves. "H-h-hello. My name is Autumn. Autumn Foxfire. I-I-I-I was sent by Miss Ungalla. I hope I can be of help...." Unsure of why she is so awkward, she nervously takes a seat, soaking up her surroundings as she hopefully waits for her new friends.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Perception to notice anything unique or interesting: 1D20+15 = [3]+15 = 18

Knowledge (Local) to have heard anything about the Temple of Sapo: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 23/23 NL: 0
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
Perception: +15
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Entangle, Jump, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed: Bow
Conditions:

Game Notes:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BlueLotus

Explorer
luRSYul.jpg
Levanna walks into the room following Autum. She stops, two steps in, her eyes sweeping around the shelves and tables. A smile crosses her lips which she makes no attempt to hide. "Levanna," she says, distractedly.

She walks past the chairs, her cloak brushing lightly across the floor, to the nearest bookshelf. An extended finger traces along the spines as she scans the titles. She passes over many of the volumes before finally pulling one from the shelf. She cracks the tome open and browses through the pages, turning her body to face the halfling, as if indicating she's at least listening.

[sblock=Levanna Mini Stats]Levanna
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 07/07
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +1 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +6
Initiative: +6

Cantrips Prepared: Prestidigitation, Light, Acid Splash
Level 1 spells prepared: Mage Armor, Color Spray

Current Weapon in Hand: Quarterstaff
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Last edited:

ealt

Explorer
Arradon Delgaran

[section]
Arradon silently enters Ioso's study, closing the door behind him with a dull click. His black leather armor and cloak nearly blend with the dark-stained wood of the room. Keen elven eyes take in the study and its clutter. He gives Autumn a slight nod of acknowledgement. His eyes narrow slightly as they study the unfamiliar woman who also appears to have answered the halfling's call. He casually leans up against a nearby bookcase with his arms crossed across his chest, revealing his exposed left arm; pale flesh and a colorful wrapping in stark contrast with his somber garb.
[/section]

[sblock=Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats]
Arradon Delgaran
AC: 17 (13 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +6 Will: +1
Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +9
Initiative: +5

Sneak Attack: 2d8 (Dagger)
Hidden Blade: +1
Blade Sense: +1

Feats: Blind-Fight,Dodge

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Library of Society/Study Room

Zinnelis received adequate directions and found himself in one of the minor wards of the city of Venza. As he crossed the piazza, he eyed the small building, the human architecture so heavy and ponderous compared to the elven architecture he was used to. It even lacked the solid permanence of dwarven construction.

Zinn was met at the portal by the porter and introduced himself, mentioning Ioso Springheel’s name, The elven ranger was led through the halls of the building, past shelves and cubbies for books and scrolls, and a small chapel, until they reached a particular study room just in time to see the door clicking closed.

“Thank you,” Zinn told the acolyte before trying the door and finding it unlocked. He slipped in silently, his green eyes taking in the room and the people inside. A halfling dressed in traveling clothes was nearly hidden behind stacks of books on the table. An auburn-haired human woman in leather armor sat in a chair by the table. She seemed nervous for some reason. Zinn noticed the bow she carried, the longsword at her hip. Another human woman with black hair perused the shelves of books. She wore robes and a long cloak, holding a staff with a light crossbow at her hip. Finally, leaning against a bookcase, was the dark-haired elven male Zinnelis had seen at the Inn, his daggers hanging low at his hips. His eyes narrowed, seeing the tattoo encircling the elf’s arm clearly for the first time, thorns and roses.

Zinnelis took up his own position across the room, leaving one of the remaining chairs for the dark-haired lady. He leaned his bow nearby, within easy reach. The light from the window brought out the green in what might be presumed to be black hair. He was tall, lean, and lithe, like a typical elf, and his skin tanned from outdoor life. His leathers were a green-brown, well-traveled by the looks of them, though kept in good condition. Besides the bow, he had a longsword and dagger on his belt.

“Zinnelis Laediril responding to your job notice,” the elf said quietly.

2qm1yle.jpg

KN

[sblock=Zinnelis Mini Stats]Zinnelis
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +3 CMD: 16

Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2
Perception: +8 Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts +2
Feat: Point Blank Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ioso Springheel

Ioso nods to each person when they introduce themselves. He watches Autumn as she takes note of a small statuette carved from ivory of a man wrestling a bull to the ground. He motions towards the statuette.

"That's the Gorram Bull. Named for an episode in Saint Goro's life when he wrestled a rampant bull. It's not a long story but you didn't come here to listen to me recite the lives of the Sapian Saints. You came, presumably, because you were either sent here by Ungalla of the Tower of Chains or you read my notice in the Dunn Wright Inn." Ioso marks his place in his book with a ribbon and closes it.

"There have been a number of unsettling occurrences in the region. The citizens of Kingsholm have reported that there is an unquiet spirit roaming the hillside of their graveyard. Kingsholm has great respect for their ancestors and want the spirit laid to rest without violence done to it if possible. I would look into this myself but the spirit has been harmless so far and Capoe, to the south, sends word of dark magics and suspects a tree-witch that I must investigate. I need you to travel to Kingsholm, communicate with their spirit, and lay it to rest if you can."

Ioso retrieves a cylindrical package of waxed linen from the floor next to the desk. He unwraps it to reveal a large candle. "I hope one of you knows the way to Kingsholm and will be able to guide the others." He motions to the candle. "And one of you, at least, knows magic and will be able to use this. This is a spirit candle. It will draw the attention of the unquiet spirit of Kingsholm and let you communicate with it for as long as the candle burns but only during the hours of dark. It is my hope that you will discover what has disturbed this spirit and be able to set things right."

[sblock=Autumn]Hm. There is a Tower of Chains, the Temple of Sapo, and the Order of Poor Scholars, but no Tower of Sapo so I'm not exactly sure what you want me to respond about. Also, there are a number of interesting items within the study room; the bull statue is just one of many.[/sblock][sblock=Levanna]Most of the book titles Levanna scanned seem to be political and historical in nature and mostly of the local region and the Landadel Baronies. The book she opened deals with the founding of Venza and includes a lot of mythic history of which the bull statue represents one episode.[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Zinnelis Laediril, Elven Ranger
Library of Society/Study Room

“I know the way to Kingsholme,” Zinnelis nodded in affirmation. “Four days, barring weather.” He paused. “And if the spirit does not wish to be laid to rest peacefully?” he asked. He eyed the candle the cleric unwrapped. That was outside his expertise. “What kind of spirit are we talking about?” Incorporeal creatures could prove difficult. “We might need some holy water,” he suggested.

2qm1yle.jpg

KN

[sblock=Zinnelis Laerdiril Mini Stats]Zinnelis Laerdiril

HP: 11/11 NL: 0
AC: 15 FF: 13 T: 12

CMB: +3 CMD: 16
Fort: +2 Reflex: +5 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Sense Motive: +2 (Favored Enemy +4)
Stealth: +7
Track: +8 (Favored Enemy +10)

Longbow::+4, 1d8, Crit: 20/x3, P, 100 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet
Favored Enemy: +2/+2
Arrows Available: 60/60
Longsword: +3, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P
Thrown: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, S, P, 10 feet
Point Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 feet

Favored Enemy: Magical Beasts +2

Spells Prepared
None

Armed: None
Conditions: None

Game Notes:
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

Autumn blushes when Ioso catches her staring, but begins to listen to Zinnelis thoughtfully. She considers what he said about the four days of travel, and how to interact with the spirit. She also wonders if Aelspeth will be coming, as well as her new tiefling companions Erin and Rak'tan.

[/section]
[sblock=Rolls]Predict weather: 16
Knowledge Religion: 19
[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Oops. Thought it was Tower of Sapo. Misread it from the other thread. Let's assume Autumn meant Temple of Sapo. I'll edit my previous post.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 23/23 NL: 0
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +2

CMB: 4 CMD: 16
Fort: +4 Reflex: +3 Will: +7

Acrobatics: +10
Climb: +6
K. Local: +2
K. Nature: +7 (+9 travel in wild, avoid hazards, predict weather)
K. Religion: +2
Perception: +15
Spellcraft: +5
Stealth: +3

Longsword: +5, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +5, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +4, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +4, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Firebolts Available: 7/7
Arrows Available:18/20

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Burning Hands, Entangle, Jump, Obscuring Mist
Level 2: Flaming Sphere, Produce Flame, Spiderclimb

Armed: Bow
Conditions:

Game Notes:
[/sblock]

Remove ads