• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] One Night in Palazzo Dannato

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
With a graceful nod for his thought, Kalinn moves to stand behind the chair provided by Raynucio; she observes the antics of the others in the group with a plain look of amusement on her strong features.

zGio

First Post
"Thanks for your assistance, sir Holphin, and Thanks for helping me back there, sir Mandalo" - Daugar shows his gratitude to both of his allies

After losing interest on the table, the Elf gracefully gets closer, and peacefully sits on one of the chairs, awaiting for dinner to be served.

gryphon_gold

First Post
Coreuth tries a little bit of everything, and then a little bit more of the sweeter foods, though she seems to drink more than she eats.

She asks Daugar about the books he reads. "Do you always figure out the mystery before the book tells you? What kind of stuff takes place? Murder? Romance? Treachery?"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio narrows his eyes at Coreuth's comment and pointedly makes not reply save to raise his chin haughtily.

To Daugar he replies, "I know about magic, it is a tool like any other. But one more suited to the weak, and feeble. I am no backwards peasant to be overawed by simple tricks cold steel or strong sinews are more effective nine times out of ten in my experience. It has its place and I shall appreciate any aide it renders to those of us who actually do the work should we be tested."

When the food is served he eats with well mannered persistance, going through several helping of most dishes with slow determined forkfuls.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin watches as the table is set, and the food is placed upon it. "Ket, you did state that it was the placing of items on the table that caused it to move, and Draugar, you mentioned that there were two schools of magic involved. Now, the Daylight spell, that is Evocation, I believe? What was the second?"

He looks back at his food. "I ask because I wonder if there is a conduit between planes here. It would certainly be one explanation for the haunting--when items move in more dimensions than our three, oddities can occur, like living furniture."

With a look halfway between trepidation and curiosity, he takes a suureptitious glance under the tablecloth. "Transfer of netherworld creatures can occur at such conduits, as well. Early manifestations could include certain rare insects and other such items easily overlooked..."

zGio

First Post
"You are absolutely right, sir Raynucio" - Daugar helps himself with a loaf of bread
"Magic is for the weak, like myself, which is why, i kindly ask of someone as strong and noble as yourself, to stay always in front of me, keeping the danger far away from this body of mine, with your mighty strength and endurance" - The elf shows a subtle smile as he speaks with the nobleman

Daugar blushes the instant the looks at the attractive elf, it takes him a couple of seconds to react, but he finally gathers enough words to answer

"I usually do figure out the mystery before the book tells me, but there are times when i can not find an answer, i keep reading these books, hoping i find more cases i can not solve" - The wizard pauses for a second to sip his wine
"There are mysteries of all kinds, milady. Sometimes magic is involved, sometimes not, sometimes religion is the cause, while others is simply avarice. Murder is indeed a common occurrence in such books, and romance is usually the way a character grows through the story, treachery is always involved in such books, be it mundane or arcane. Should i suggest an interesting mystery, would you perhaps enjoy one of the books from my collection, milady?" - Daugar helps himself with whatever fruit is left on the table as he finishes his wine slowly.

"Daylight is an evocation spell indeed, sir Holphin, in this case, however, the light doom is affected by a permanent Daylight spell, and as you might know permanency spell is a universal school's spell. The caster must be at least ten times more powerful than myself"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio's brow furrows at Daugar's reply, and he looks like he is trying to find something in the elf's statement to disagree with; but apparently he cannot for he settles for a vaguely affirmative grunt.

"What is the point of a book that teaches you nothing useful? Go to a play its cheaper and you do not have to do all of the work yourself. Or better yet get out into the world and live a little yourself, why read about love and murder when you could participate?" The massive noble seems to think its self explanatory what his participation in a murder would entail - his participation in love seems far more unlikely.

[sblock=Doom?]Do we mean dome here? I'm assuming a typo?[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The dinner brought in by Master Jeffer's caters is quite a feast. The aroma of spiced wine mixes with warm bread and cheese to open. And then a thin brothy soup served on large white porcelain bowls.

A trio of serves move in and out pouring wine and ladling soup. Ket having retired to other duties once the dinner had started.

"Well it looks as if just bringing you here was enough to silence the rumors of this place," he says with a wide grin as he sips at his soup. "Why the caters turned white when I mentioned where they were to serve. But as I'm sure they can see this home is as normal as any other."

"I'm even thinking of holding a ball here once I have a full staff."
he says as an after thought. A little into his drink he starts to sway in his chair as if dancing kicking one of the legs under the table by accident and setting the dishes to clattering. "Opps," he says with an embarrassed grin.

"Maybe a few lesson are in order, haha.." he laughs slamming a hand on the table, again causing the dishes to vibrate. Oddly they take a little longer to settle the second time.

"Hmm..." he says to the noise made by the thumping and chiming. "This would make an interesting instrument won't it?" he asks starting to drum on the table with both hands playing a merry tune as it were.

[sblock=OOC] One last chance then. Perception checks plz ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads