Pathfinder 1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

Aura

Explorer
With that, the group departs the scene. The demon was at large, but his plan was, at least for now, thwarted. Mindy had been destroyed. And the bizarre time-space anomaly that had prevented people from entering and leaving Tritower freely had collapsed. It was a tangible victory.

Heading back to the refugee encampment, it was obvious there was quite a lot of activity going on the south side of the town, between the temple district and the encampment. Although guards were wary for any sign of trouble, people met, hugged their loved ones, and mourned their lost. Patrols were sent out into the city and eventually it was declared safe. Recovery from the disaster could begin, and although the town would soon seem normal to the uninformed outsider, the townsfolk would not soon forget their ordeal.

Meeting with the mayor and the surviving town leaders, the foursome of adventurers were lauded for their success and selflessness in the town's time of need. The people, particularly the children, treat Barlo, Vincenzo, Ethane and even Maui, as alien as he can seem, as town heroes. An informal feast, a revel, is held in their honor. It is not much, as the town is in disarray, but the arrival of relief effort under the Cortesia banner helps make it happen. In fact, it's not unlike a nice picnic. Your employer, Anton Torelli, takes none of the credit for your valor, instead letting the common perception that you acted on your own become the narrative.

Nearly all the NPCs you met (in the real, anyway) are present at the revel as well. Hassbek, the ratfolk wizard who brought you here, is very notably present, very anxious to get his hands on the medicine he was employed for. Once he has it, he seems considerably more relaxed, and people are in a sufficient good mood as to accept his presence, despite the general distaste people have for the ratfolk. And the children seem to love him, because he performs magic tricks for them.

The most notable absence is the dark elf. Perhaps you caught a glimpse of her, watching from the hills, but a second glance reveals nothing. She certainly maintains her elusive pedigree.

After it is all said and done, outside of the payment from the Church of Cortesia, Mayor Raker adds a reward for your actions, as much gold as he can spare and a promise to apply his leverage to help locate and purchase any magical item in Tritower you might find useful. He adds you are welcome in his town any time you choose to grace it.

Epilogue:
With the Witch's Hut cleaned up by the people of Tritower, the abandoned home quickly gives way to the forest that surrounds it. The townsfolk claim it is the work of spirits, whom Ginni supposedly had a positive relationship with, reclaiming the home of their sister. Whether or not this is true is hard to tell, but the general tranquility of the place is tangible to all those that visit. The only evidence left of the terrible events that transpired there is a small sign, commemorating the lives lost during those dark days and asking visitors not to disturb the peace found there.

THE END

Aura

Explorer
OOC: Sorry, having trouble with Real Life issues: work, insurance enrollment and holiday stuff hitting at the same time. Hope to get math done Friday night. Sorry for the delays.

Aura

Explorer
OOC: Loot list:
Pale Green Prism Ioun Stone (+1 competence bonus to attack, saves, skill checks, ability checks) 30000gp
Ring of Protection +3 18000gp
Mithral Dagger +2 8502gp
Chain Shirt +1 2100gp
One pick (each) of a custom item 12000gp or less (Mayor of Tritower converts 25% locate item roll on base value 2000gp to 100% as compensation for your service)

Aura

Explorer
[MENTION=40413]GlassEye[/MENTION] [MENTION=95784]jackslate45[/MENTION] [MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION] [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] [MENTION=49929]Scott DeWar[/MENTION]

OK, experience is posted and ready for GE to bless. Previous post contains the magical items you have earned and may spend on, plus the one you may pick out thanks to the Mayor's shaking the trees for you.

Thank you, everyone, for playing. I hope you had fun, and I apologize for any rocky times along they way. This one was a learning experience, in terms of things that worked well on tabletop, but just didn't really convert well to pbp. I hope the fixed I put in helped tidy things up a bit for you.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
It’s all good, Aura. I have found mysteries don’t work well in PbP. It is the time factor of the pacing. People forget things too quickly because of the pace and little details that were fresh in people’s mind playing around the table get lost after a few weeks. Players just forget what they knew and most don’t want to go back and re-read every post again.

Of the items, Barlo would be interested in the Ring of Protection +3 first. The Ioun Stone doesn’t stack with his Bardic Inspire Courage so he will pass on that.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: Loot list:
Pale Green Prism Ioun Stone (+1 competence bonus to attack, saves, skill checks, ability checks) 30000gp
Ring of Protection +3 18000gp
Mithral Dagger +2 8502gp
Chain Shirt +1 2100gp
One pick (each) of a custom item 12000gp or less (Mayor of Tritower converts 25% locate item roll on base value 2000gp to 100% as compensation for your service)

not interested in any items in the list, but a 12,000 gp item, lets see .. .. .. .. .. Goggles of night [12,000]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Ok, my look over of the numbers hasn't shown any issues. I'm sure you've all taken the numbers and moved along already but giving official 'OK' here anyway. Apologies for the delay.

Aura

Explorer
OOC: That pretty much covers it all. Last thing I have to do is kinda a biggie--getting new info on NPCs and such up on to the website. Probably just summary entries under Tritower. Thanks, everyone!

Remove ads