log in or register to remove this ad

 

PF1E [LPF] Perception is Reality

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=OOC] I find it curious that the merfolK and their lady with them have responded to our actions earlier[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard


Barlo’s shook his head at Ethane's question. “No, nothing happened.”

He looked down at the clean-freak gnome and continued, “That's alright, I can clean my own knife. Sorry to scare you, I was swiping away some cobwebs. They are everywhere in the corners,” he added gesturing toward the ceiling corner. It might have appeared to be a cruel joke, but the bard did not consider they were dealing with a real person right now anyway. He just wanted the tavern-keeper out of his hair for the moment.

He sat back down and frowned, “Bugger, me. I am just not sure what to do next, gents.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +10 CMD: 23(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +9
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 24/27 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence, Mirror Image]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion, Tiny Hut]
4th Level 2/2 (DC19) [Dimension Door, Dominate Person][/sblock]
 

jbear

First Post
It seemed that they had run out of things to investigate in the tavern, but they had learnt a few interesting tid bits. As Barlo sat and frowned, feeling the same kind of lost that Maui felt, the large feline spoke up. "Te place where Mindy was killed. We should find it. And te town hall... te north east tower... we have nowhere to go. Te places where her hate was born, te hate to defy te death, maybe it draw Mindy back... or maybe we learn more to find Mindy. Maui would go there. Clean Man! Where was Mindy killed?"
 

Aura

First Post
EthanEmberdawn.jpg
. . . . Ethan Emberdawn . . . .

At Barlo's suggestion, Mr Emberdawn goes off to grab a long handled duster. "Oh my goodness, would you look at that filth!" he exclaims. As the gnome goes to clean the already perfectly fine corner, Barlo notices his tether--it darkens in color, lengthens, and pulses in a subtle way as the mad cleaner continues his business.

However, Maui's words bring an abrupt end to the gnome's efforts, and he slowly turns and looks the giant tiger over from whisker to tail. "I don't know where they caught her, and killed her. I just heard the deed was done, and was sadly necessary." There is hesitation in his voice as he goes into the next part, "But, I can tell you where she ended up. Next to her family's graves. All of them, died... before they could stop her. Little... monster." With that, he turns to finish his work in the corner, the incredibly morose tone of the local conversation highlighted by light conversation between the human young woman and merfolk in the background.

[sblock=Vincenzo]Now that you think about it, yes, the human and merfolk do not react to a single thing the group has said or done since entering, and may actually be in a behavioral loop, replaying the same rehearsed words, phrases and physical reactions over and over again.[/sblock]
 

jbear

First Post
Not seeing the magical tether himself when the gnome heads to the corner, Maui considers his reply regarding Mindy. "Te whare o Mindy... Mindy's house. And te urupa... te place of te resting dead. Where do we go?" asks the great cat, still watching the gnome intently.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo 002.jpg


The swordsman had stood in a corner to watch the mermen and the human woman with them. he is saddended by his findings as Barlo can easily see when he returns.

"It appears the folks in the water are also in this loop that repeats itself in this town."



[sblock=actions]
take another peak into the kitchen
1. are the two of them in the kitchen, or is she still kneading dough?
2. try to sneak in if she is alone and still kneading
3. if the two of them are talking in the kitchen or otherwise busy, try to sneak in while they are distracted with each other or what ever they are doining

If he needs to bluff, his minimum roll is 18 with a +17 to the roll.

If battle ensues, and the other is armed, he will dis arm and use non lethal if a townsfolk kind of person.
[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:
Perception +13 Stealth +6 Bluff +17

AC: 27 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 30 (24 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise [+2/+3]
AC: 32, 23 FF,25 Touch
With haste:
29/21/23

HP: 122/122

+4 to cnfirm crit

rapier attack: +21/+16/+11 crit range: 15-20/x2 +2d6 bleed [stacks with self]
dam: 1d6+10

CMB: +14 CMD: 27
vs trip
CMB: +17 CMD: 29
vs disarm
CMB: +20 CMD: 32

Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +13 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: food skewer with a chunk of lamb and a chunk of potato

longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock][/][/][/][/][/][/]
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard


Barlo’s glanced over at the merfolk with Vincenzo's comment. “Aye, that would be my impression as well.”

He did not see any clues to be gained from attempting to interact with them, supporting the talking feline's pursuit of the other tack of finding Mindy's grave.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +10 CMD: 23(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +9
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 24/27 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence, Mirror Image]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion, Tiny Hut]
4th Level 2/2 (DC19) [Dimension Door, Dominate Person][/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
[section]
Nodding in agreement, Ethane adds, "There might be something to investigate, but I don't understand it. Perhaps we would do well to investigate the child directly." The priest stands up and grabs his spear, turning only to allow Maui to get the answers he is looking for.
[/section]

EthanEmberdawn.jpg
. . . . Ethan Emberdawn . . . .

The gnome focuses on Maui, listening. After a short pause, he pipes up, "You mean her house? Where they buried her? Both? Hmmm, both, then." He turns to the door, and begins to give directions to the two locations. The city's main graveyard, and where the buried the Wallace family, including Mindy, is south of the Temple District, which puts it in the southwest corner of the city. His instructions lead you to think you were within a hundred yards of it when you entered the Temple of Ruvalra. The Wallace home was close to the Silver Road as well, only about one block north, about half the distance from the Clockwork Boar to the Temple District, which puts it mostly 'on the way' to the graveyard.

As Mr Emberdawn finishes giving directions, one of the merfolk slaps the water with his tail, laughing to a story being told by the young human woman. If you weren't paying attention, you might not notice it was exactly the same as when you entered the inn.
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure



Vincenzo's face falls as he sees the group stuck in a loop. He sighs long and audibly



[sblock=actions]
take another peak into the kitchen
1. are the two of them in the kitchen, or is she still kneading dough?
2. try to sneak in if she is alone and still kneading
3. if the two of them are talking in the kitchen or otherwise busy, try to sneak in while they are distracted with each other or what ever they are doining

If he needs to bluff, his minimum roll is 18 with a +17 to the roll.

If battle ensues, and the other is armed, he will dis arm and use non lethal if a townsfolk kind of person.
[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:
Perception +13 Stealth +6 Bluff +17

AC: 27 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 30 (24 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise [+2/+3]
AC: 32, 23 FF,25 Touch
With haste:
29/21/23

HP: 122/122

+4 to cnfirm crit

rapier attack: +21/+16/+11 crit range: 15-20/x2 +2d6 bleed [stacks with self]
dam: 1d6+10

CMB: +14 CMD: 27
vs trip
CMB: +17 CMD: 29
vs disarm
CMB: +20 CMD: 32

Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +13 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: food skewer with a chunk of lamb and a chunk of potato

longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock][/]:D[/]:D[/][/][/][/][/]
 
Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard


Barlo’s stood and gave the gnome a farewell. “Well, good day to you, sir. May your effort to clean be successful. And when next we meet, hopefully you shall remember us.”

With the others he exited the tavern. They had some questions yet unresolved from the visit, but they had received a few more clues as well. All said and done, they probably were no closer to figuring out what was going on, but at least they had more possible leads to chase down. The bard sighed, “Ahhhh.... Shall we visit the home first since it is one the way?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +10 CMD: 23(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +9
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 24/27 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence, Mirror Image]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion, Tiny Hut]
4th Level 2/2 (DC19) [Dimension Door, Dominate Person][/sblock]
 

Aura

First Post
[section]
Grabbing his spear off the floor, Ethan stands. He puts his hand on the back of the chair and starts to push it back into place, then stops and shrugs. Looking at the rest of the group, he adds to the conversation, "I don't know which place is better than the other, so we may as well do things in order of convenience. Anything else, before we leave?"

[/section]
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo gets a mischievous look in his eye, "Other then that spot of dirt over in that corner, nope. Nothing."
 

jbear

First Post
Maui rumbles in agreement with the idea to visit the house on the way to the graveyard. Tail twitching he heads out the door and Taniwha falls in beside him as they head to the undead girl's family home to investigate.
 


Aura

First Post
Leaving the little gnome shuffling for one last bit of grime, the group heads to the home of Mindy Wallace. The streets are deathly quiet as ever. Nothing accosts or otherwise interacts with you on the way over, but you begin to sense that something is amiss as you near the location as described by the gnome. Finally it dawns on you--there is no light marking the location as noteworthy as with the Temple of Ruvalra and the Clockwork Boar. However, as you draw closer, something becomes apparent--while there is no light, definition is starting to from as you near the Wallace home. By the time you arrive there, the small middle class dwelling has all the detail you would expect, albeit with no column of light illuminating the location.

Two windows and the front door face the street, all boarded up. A low fence marks off what little 'yard' there is, the small home nearly touching its poorly defined neighbors on either side.
 

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Barlo Hawkins, Human Bard


Barlo’s was not in a hurry to rush into the area first. He cast his cantrip (detect Magic) to check for magical auras and said, “Maui, do you by chance smell anything unusual yet?”

The area not being like the rest of the city was a positive sign as clues went, but they still might end up with more questions than answers.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Character Sheet
Initiative: +4 Perception: +12
AC: 22 (20 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 72 Current: 72
CMB: +10 CMD: 23(21ff) Fort: +6 Reflex: +11 Will: +9
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Current Weapon in Hand: Shortbow

Bardic Performances (lingering 2 rnds): 24/27 Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: [Message, Read Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound]
1st Level 6/7 (DC16) [CLW, Feather Fall, Hideous Laughter, Timely Inspiration, Grease, Vanish, Charm Person, Silent Image]
2nd Level 4/5 (DC17) [Sound Burst, Heroism, Glitterdust, Mirror Image, Invisibility, Calm Emotions, Silence, Mirror Image]
3rd Level 3/4 (DC18) [Haste, Slow, Phantom Steed, Confusion, Tiny Hut]
4th Level 2/2 (DC19) [Dimension Door, Dominate Person][/sblock]
 

jbear

First Post
Maui sniffs the air, and with a low almost inaudible growl instructs Taniwha to do the same. After conferring with his companion about the various smells they may have or may not have detected, Maui gives his reply to the bard's question. The great cat then adds "Whatever te place is or not is... what we find here... Maui think it will be real." The jungle warrior, shackles instinctively raised, had a feeling that it was not only going to be very real what they found, but also very dangerous.

[sblock=OOC]Maui DC24) and Taniwha (DC16) will take 10 on survival checks related to Scent [/sblock]
 

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure



Vincenzo silently draws his rapier doing an all around look about them as he does, spinning in place with a grace of a master swords man. He observes all going about.


Perception +13


[sblock=actions]
take another peak into the kitchen
1. are the two of them in the kitchen, or is she still kneading dough?
2. try to sneak in if she is alone and still kneading
3. if the two of them are talking in the kitchen or otherwise busy, try to sneak in while they are distracted with each other or what ever they are doining

If he needs to bluff, his minimum roll is 18 with a +17 to the roll.

If battle ensues, and the other is armed, he will dis arm and use non lethal if a townsfolk kind of person.
[/sblock]
[sblock=stat block]
skills possibly needed at this moment:
Perception +13 Stealth +6 Bluff +17

AC: 27 (21 flat-footed, 20 touch)
with Combat expertise:
AC: 30 (24 flat-footed, 23 touch)
fighting defensively and combat expertise [+2/+3]
AC: 32, 23 FF,25 Touch
With haste:
29/21/23

HP: 122/122

+4 to cnfirm crit

rapier attack: +21/+16/+11 crit range: 15-20/x2 +2d6 bleed [stacks with self]
dam: 1d6+10

CMB: +14 CMD: 27
vs trip
CMB: +17 CMD: 29
vs disarm
CMB: +20 CMD: 32

Fort: +12 Reflex: +8 Will: +6

Perception: +13 Stealth +6
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: food skewer with a chunk of lamb and a chunk of potato

longbow +12/+7 damage 1d8+2; additional mods:[+2 att, dam insp corg][+1 att bless][ xtra att, +1 att, +1 dodge a/c and reflex; +30 to move haste]

Temporary/charged items in possession: healing potions, Healing wand

Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

[sblock=mace]
mwk silver mace, att +15/+10, dam 1d6+4, crit x2, type b
[/sblock][/]:D[/]:D[/]:D[/]:D[/]:D[/]:D[/]:D[/]:D
 
Last edited:

Aura

First Post
Maui and Taniwha sniff about, meandering here and there as they do as Vincenzo covers the group, staying vigilant. However, neither cat can detect a whiff of anything, the annoying non-scent of the place becoming apparent once again. Vincenzo comes up similarly--focusing on his senses reminding him of the unnatural silence.

However, sifting through the elevated background magic, Barlo can sense magic upon the door and windows of the small dwelling. Concentrating further, he can discern the magic to be abjuration school. Ethane notices Barlo's subtle 'aha' for just a moment, but goes back to standing watch, spear ready and pointed down the street.

[sblock=Distance]So far, I'm assuming none have come within about 20 feet or so of the front of the house.[/sblock]
 


Most Liked Threads

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top