[LPF] Rodents of Unusual Size, pt 3

Aura

Villager
GM: Aura
Judge: GlassEye
Start Date: April 26, 2014
End Date: Nov 13, 2015

Player List and Initial XP/level:
Dunkel (Deuce Traveler) 0 xp/level 1
Joren Claesson (Fobok) 0 xp/level 1
Hawk (Tailspinner) 1777 xp/level 2
Cruendithas Beestinger the Treasure Hunter (BigB) 1777 xp/level 2
Wahyu (Commander Fallout) 1777xp/level 2
Mystie Thissledew (Satin Knights) 3215 xp/level 2
Jonas Psalter (Mowgli) 3370/level 3


GM Expectations/Rules/Whatnot:
(1) I try to be a supportive GM and hope everyone will have fun. My message box is open if you need to contact me privately.
(2) I like the coyotecode.net die roller best for it's most direct roll history function (assuming you use the same name every time). I will probably make my own life easier with just good 'ol physical dice.
(3) We're doing group initiative using average initiative value, which means that once your team has the initiative, actions can be resolved in whatever order people post. Those on the losing team (initiative-wise) side, with above team average initiative scores, might be awarded (a pre-initiative action if their individual value beats the entire winning team.
(4) Players are encouraged to at least check on the game on a daily basis. When real life makes posting that difficult or impossible, please leave AFK messages if possible. (Note: Since we're coming up on Christmas, so slowdowns are expected.)
(5) Please include a Mini Stats shlock with every post that has some sort of mechanical effect, from combat to skill rolls. Included is an example MiniStats for my character, Charity. Customize to taste:
[sblock=Example MiniStats][sblock=Charity Mini Stats][URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Charity_%28Aura%29"][B][COLOR=#0066cc]Charity[/COLOR][/B][/URL]
[COLOR=blue]AC:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]17 (16 flat-footed, 11 touch)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]HP:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]23/23[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]CMB:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+4[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]CMD:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]15[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Fort:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Reflex:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+5[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Will:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Perception:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+7[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]Sense Motive:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+6[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Initiative:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]+1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Lay on Hands remaining:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]4/4[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Smite remaining:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]1/1[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]Current Weapon in Hand:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Glaive[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Current Conditions in Effect:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Ioun Torch[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Temporary items in possession:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]none[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Items not currently in possession:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]Silk Rope[/COLOR]
[COLOR=blue]Items depleted:[/COLOR] [COLOR=gray]none[/COLOR][/sblock]
[/sblock](6) I may make some rolls for you, such as perception checks, saving throws, opportunity attacks, etc, to move the adventure along smoothly. If you anticipate needing a roll (say you suspect an opponent will move in such a way as to provoke your attack of opportunity) you *may* 'preroll' it, however, put the actual roll/damage in a spoiler block. I will only open it if the AoO was triggered.
 
Last edited:

Aura

Villager
Encounter 1: Stirge Swarm
Encounter difficulty = CR 5
Budget = 1600xp
8 (direct combatant) Stirges @ 200xp ea = 1600xp
Party: Dunkel (L1), Joren (L1), Hawk (L2), Crue (L2), Wahyu (L2), Mystie (L3), Jonas (L3)
Average level = 2, #Characters = 7, APL = 3
XP award = 265 each
Gold Award = 2300 calculated - 0 lost - 200 deferred = 2100 awarded (300 each)
Award Date = 6/11/14

Encounter 2: Gnoll/Pugwampi conflict
Encounter difficulty = CR 5
Budget = 1600xp
3 gnolls @ 400 xp ea = 1200 xp
1 hyena @ 400 xp
1 pugwampi @ 200 xp
Total xp = 1800xp (not all concurrently enemies)
Party: Dunkel (L1), Hawk (L3), Crue (L3), Wahyu (L3), Mystie (L3), Jonas (L3)
Average level = 3, #Characters = 6, APL = 4
XP award = 265 each
Gold Award = 2300 calculated - 400 lost - 0 deferred = 1900 awarded (317 each)
Award Date = 10/6/14

Encounter 3: Goblins Near Site
Encounter difficulty = CR 7
Budget = 3200xp
1 L4 fighter @ 800xp
1 L3 fighter @ 600xp
1 L3 alchemist @ 600xp
7 goblins @ 135xp ea = 945
Total xp = 2945xp
Party: Dunkel (L2), Hawk (L3), Crue (L3), Wahyu (L3), Mystie (L4), Jonas (L4)
Average level = 3, #Characters = 6, APL = 4
XP award = 535
Gold Award = 3900 calculated + 200 Enc1 - 335 lost - 0 deferred = 3765 awarded (628 each)
Award Date = 12/7/14

Encounter 4: Undead Rats
Encounter Difficulty = CR 7
Budget = 3200xp
5 Advanced Giant Fast Zombie Dire Rats @ 600p ea = 3000
Party: Dunkel (L3), Hawk (L4), Crue (L4), Wahyu (L4), Mystie (L4), Jonas (L5)
Average level = 4, #Characters = 6, APL = 5
XP award = 535
Gold Award = 3900 calculated + 200 Enc5 - 0 lost - 0 deferred = 4100 awarded (683 each)
Award Date = 4/7/15

Encounter 5: Wall Blade Trap
Encounter Difficulty = CR 4
Budget = 1200xp
Party: Dunkel (L3), Hawk (L4), Crue (L4), Wahyu (L4), Mystie (L4), Jonas (L5)
Average level = 4, #Characters = 6, APL = 5
XP award = 200
Gold Award = 1700 calculated - 0 lost - 1700 deferred = 0 awarded (0 each)
Award Date = 6/10/15

Encounter 6: Dinner Party
Encounter Difficulty = CR 9
Budget = 6400xp
Party: Dunkel (L4), Hawk (L5), Crue (L5), Wahyu (L5), Mystie (L4), Jonas (L5)
Average level = 5, #Characters = 6, APL = 6
XP award = 1070
Gold Awared = 6400 calculated + 1500 Enc5 - 0 lost - 0 deferred = 7600 awarded (1267 each)
Award Date: 10/23/15

Running Totals: total xp/gold awarded (date)

Joren:
0/0 (4/26/14) [initial]
56/48 (5/4/14) [+56/48,8d@L1]
322/276 (6/11/14) [+266/228,38d@L1]
587/576 (6/11/14) [+265/300,Enc1]
909/852 (7/27/14) [+322/276,46d@L1] (Went inactive)

Dunkel:
0/0 (4/26/14) [initial]
56/48 (5/4/14) [+56/48,8d@L1]
322/276 (6/11/14) [+266/228,38d@L1]
587/576 (6/11/14) [+265/300,Enc1]
1070/990 (8/19/14) [+483/414,69d@L1]
1301/1188 (9/21/14) [+231/198,33d@L1]
1466/1353 (10/6/14) [+165/165,15d@L2]
1731/1670 (10/6/14) [+265/317,Enc2]
2413/2352 (12/7/14) [+682/682,62d@L2]
2948/2980 (12/7/14) [+535/628,Enc3]
3135/3167 (12/24/14) [+187/187,17d@L2]
3300/3332 (1/8/15) [+165/165,15d@L2]
4335/4845 (4/7/15) [+1335/1513,89d@L3]
4870/5528 (4/7/15) [+535/683,Enc4]
5830/6616 (6/10/15) [+960/1088,64d@L3]
6030/6616 (6/10/15) [+200/0,Enc5]
9000/9991 (10/23/15) [+2970/3375,135d@L4]
10070/11258 (10/23/15) [+1070/1267,Enc6]
10658/11909 (11/13/15) [+588/+651,21d@L5] (FINAL)

Hawk:
1777/0 (4/26/14) [initial]
1865/88 (5/4/14) [+88/88,8d@L2]
2283/506 (6/11/14) [+418/418,38d@L2]
2548/806 (6/11/14) [+265/300,Enc1]
3307/1565 (8/19/14) [+759/759,69d@L2]
4027/2381 (10/6/14) [+720/816,48d@L3]
4292/2698 (10/6/14) [+265/317,Enc2]
5222/3752 (12/7/14) [+930/1054,62d@L3]
5757/4380 (12/7/14) [+535/628,Enc3]
6012/4669 (12/24/14) [+255/289,17d@L3]
6237/4924 (1/8/15) [+225/255,15d@L3]
8195/7149 (4/7/15) [+1958/2225,89d@L4]
8730/7832 (4/7/15) [+535/683,Enc4]
10006/9282 (6/4/15) [+1276/1450,58d@L4]
10174/9468 (6/10/15) [+168/186,6d@L5]
10374/9468 (6/10/15) [+200/0,Enc5]
10962/10119 (7/1/15) [+588/651,21d@L5] (Went inactive)

Cruendithas:
1777/0 (4/26/14) [initial]
1865/88 (5/4/14) [+88/88,8d@L2]
2283/506 (6/11/14) [+418/418,38d@L2]
2548/806 (6/11/14) [+265/300,Enc1]
3307/1565 (8/19/14) [+759/759,69d@L2]
4027/2381 (10/6/14) [+720/816,48d@L3]
4292/2698 (10/6/14) [+265/317,Enc2]
5222/3752 (12/7/14) [+930/1054,62d@L3]
5757/4380 (12/7/14) [+535/628,Enc3]
6012/4669 (12/24/14) [+255/289,17d@L3]
6237/4924 (1/8/15) [+225/255,15d@L3]
8195/7149 (4/7/15) [+1958/2225,89d@L4]
8730/7832 (4/7/15) [+535/683,Enc4]
10006/9282 (6/4/15) [+1276/1450,58d@L4]
10174/9468 (6/10/15) [+168/186,6d@L5]
10374/9468 (6/10/15) [+200/0,Enc5]
14154/13653 (10/23/15) [+3780/4185,135d@L5]
15224/14920 (10/23/15) [+1070/1267,Enc6]
16148/15802 (11/13/15) [+924/+882,21d@L6] (FINAL)

Wahyu:
1777/0 (4/26/14) [initial]
1865/88 (5/4/14) [+88/88,8d@L2]
2283/506 (6/11/14) [+418/418,38d@L2]
2548/806 (6/11/14) [+265/300,Enc1]
3307/1565 (8/19/14) [+759/759,69d@L2]
4027/2381 (10/6/14) [+720/816,48d@L3]
4292/2698 (10/6/14) [+265/317,Enc2]
5222/3752 (12/7/14) [+930/1054,62d@L3]
5757/4380 (12/7/14) [+535/628,Enc3]
6012/4669 (12/24/14) [+255/289,17d@L3]
6237/4924 (1/8/15) [+225/255,15d@L3]
8195/7149 (4/7/15) [+1958/2225,89d@L4]
8730/7832 (4/7/15) [+535/683,Enc4]
10006/9282 (6/4/15) [+1276/1450,58d@L4]
10174/9468 (6/10/15) [+168/186,6d@L5]
10374/9468 (6/10/15) [+200/0,Enc5]
14154/13653 (10/23/15) [+3780/4185,135d@L5]
15224/14920 (10/23/15) [+1070/1267,Enc6]
16148/15802 (11/13/15) [+924/+882,21d@L6] (FINAL)

Mystie:
3215/0 (4/26/14) [initial]
3303/88 (5/4/14) [+88/88,8d@L2]
3873/734 (6/11/14) [+570/646,38d@L3]
4138/1034 (6/11/14) [+265/300,Enc1]
5173/2207 (8/19/14) [+1035/1173,69d@L3]
5893/3023 (10/6/14) [+720/816,48d@L3]
6158/3340 (10/6/14) [+265/317,Enc2]
7522/4890 (12/7/14) [+1364/1550,62d@L4]
8057/5518 (12/7/14) [+535/628,Enc3]
8431/5943 (12/24/14) [+374/425,17d@L4]
8695/6243 (1/5/15) [+264/300,12d@L4] (Went inactive)

Jonas:
3370/0 (4/26/14) [initial]
3390/126 (5/4/14) [+120/136,8d@L3]
4060/782 (6/11/14) [+570/646,38d@L3]
4325/1082 (6/11/14) [+265/300,Enc1]
5360/2255 (8/19/14) [+1035/1173,69d@L3]
6005/2986 (10/1/14) [+645/731;43d@L3]
6115/3111 (10/6/14) [+110/125,5d@L4]
6380/3428 (10/6/14) [+265/317,Enc2]
7744/4978 (12/7/14) [+1364/1550,62d@L4]
8279/5606 (12/7/14) [+535/628,Enc3]
8653/6031 (12/24/14) [+374/425,17d@L4]
8983/6406 (1/8/15) [+330/375,15d@L4]
10017/7581 (2/24/15) [+1034/1175,47d@L4]
11193/8883 (4/7/15) [+1176/1302,42d@L5]
11728/9566 (4/7/15) [+535/683,Enc4]
13520/11550 (6/10/15) [+1792/1984,64d@L5]
13720/11550 (6/10/15) [+200/0,Enc5]
15008/12976 (7/26/15) [+1288/1426,46d@L5]
18924/16714 (10/23/15) [+3916/3738,89d@L6]
19994/17981 (10/23/15) [+1070/1267,Enc6]
20918/18863 (11/13/15) [+924/+882,21d@L6] (FINAL)

Aura:
4/26/14 to 11/13/15 = 566 days x 0.07 DMC/day = 39.62 DMC

Level-up entries in green.
Note: All totals are considered preliminary and subject to change due to unforeseen factors or judge action.
 
Last edited:

Aura

Villager
Commander Jacobson
[section]The appearance of the unusual Wayang nearly catches Commander Jacobson by surprise. A quiet, "Oh," escapes her lips as she quickly regains her regular composure. She nods to him, speaking simply, "Yes, I was thinking of you once I met Hawk and Crue. That makes for all three from the maid's report. You're in.

"This makes for a decent squad."
The White Cloak looks to Grog and receives a nod from the grizzled half-orc. She continues, "Let's head to the meeting room, and be a good team and help your friend here carry her food in," she gestures towards Mystie for clarity. Jacobson leads the way back, standing at the door to allow you all to file in for the briefing.[/section]

Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
[section]The blonde dwarf is slow to rise and finds himself last in the procession into the meeting room. With a bit of a sway and stagger to his step, he makes his way to the door only to be stopped by Commander Jacobson. She leans down and speaks in low tones with him, her arm across the door, barring the way. His eyes light up, and the two have an exchange as you seat yourselves, with a look of obvious displeasure washing over Grunger's face. He seems to be attempting to make his case on some point, but in the end, he relents and his shoulders sink. Jacobson nods, adds one last trailing comment, and let's the dwarf turn around before closing the door.[/section]

[sblock=Perception Roll (listening)][sblock=DC 15]Commander Jacobson tells Grunger he doesn't seem right for the job.[sblock=DC 20]When Grunger objects, she mentions the job will put him in undue danger due his lack of qualifications. He tries one more objection, but is met with a firm no. He then relents.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]
 

Fobok

Villager
Joren smiles as Jacobson says the group is big enough, and stands up. "Excellent." He picks up his pack and crossbow. Then he looks back to the food and says, "Here, let me help." He points a finger and muttering something under his breath, and the plate of food lifts into the air and starts hovering ahead of him as he heads into the meeting room.

Once in the room and the plate set on the table, he looks back towards Grunger and Jacobson as they talk near the door. He doesn't say anything to interrupt, putting down his stuff and taking a seat, but before the dwarf leaves he calls, "Next time, Grunger! One day I'll fight goblins with you."

[sblock=Actions]
Cast Mage Hand
Perception Check (LIstening): 1D20+2 = [20]+2 = 22
[/sblock]

[sblock=Joren Mini Stats]Joren
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: -1 CMD: 11

Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +2
Initiative: +2

Claws rounds remaining: 6/6

Level 1 spells remaining: 4/4

Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]
 

Tailspinner

Explorer
Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

Hawk heads into the meeting room. She is not paying attention enough to notice Grunger being turned away.

[sblock]Perception roll: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10[/sblock][sblock=Hawk Mini Stats]Hawk
AC: 20 (16 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB: +3 CMD: 17

Fort: +6 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword(2-handed)
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Rage Rounds remaining Today: 8/8[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas stands with the others, and is just opening his mouth to offer his help to Mystie when her food rises into the air of its own accord. Startled, the Half-Orc looks around for the source of the magic and smiles as the plates take care of the identification for him.

He unconsciously shifts his weight and weapons as he moves through the crowded commons to the back room, making sure not to bump or brush anyone and cause offense, then settles himself once more and sets about making a rough appraisal of his new squad. The quirk of an eyebrow is all the reaction gotten as the Dwarf is turned away at the door, but he files the even away for future examination.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Jonas Psalter

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]
 

BigB

Villager
cruendithas.jpg
Cruendithas follows the others to the meeting room. He smiles and nods to Joren as he recognizes the spell Joren uses to move the plate of food as the same he used in the crypt to keep the torch positioned in front of the group.

To Wahyu: "Good to see you again. It seems we have reunited again to further our adventures."

He then finds a seat to listen to their mission.

[sblock]
perception 1D20+9 = [10]+9 = 19
[/sblock]
 
Last edited:

Satin Knights

Villager
[section]
Mystie reaches for her meal and juice that was delivered, and they start floating away from her, towards the room. She is not sure who did it, but it does free up her hands to grab her backpack and other things, so she is thankful. She follows the others in the procession to the back room to discuss the job further.

She then realizes that Fobok had said something and was the one moving her plate. "Thank you." as she gets in the room and sets her other things down. Bubba curls up on the floor next the chair she has taken.

Once settled in, "Well, I don't know what your guys jobs are, but I am your healer. It's my job to keep you on your feet. As the big guy can attest to, I am pretty good at it. But, these short, twisted little legs cannot keep up with you bigguns in a run. So, if you get too far away from me and fall, that's your own fault."

"Yeah, I got a crossbow. But, really, I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it. Not even from the inside! So, you do the fighting and I will be doing the encouraging and healing."

"And Mystie Thissiledew is the name. Bubba is his name."
as she pets the dog. "So far, he has been doing pretty good at fighting and protecting me. That is why he gets the steak dinner and soup bone."
[sblock=actions]Bubba: follows Mystie
Mystie: Perception (1d20=16)
[/sblock][sblock=Mystie Thissiledew's Mini-stats]Mystie Thissiledew
HP 23/23, AC 13, 10 Touch, 13 FF; Init -1, Darkvision 60', Move 15'
Fort: +4, Reflex +1, Will +4, CMB -4, CMD 5
Perception +0, Sense Motive +0, Spellcraft +5, Linguistics +2, Stealth +0, Handle Animal +9

Dagger -2, d4-3
Lt Crossbow +0, d6, range 80' increment, 9 bolts
Thrown Dagger +0, d4-3, range 10' increment

.,,,.....,,,,,,..Orisons: Detect Magic, Create Water, Guidance, Stabilize, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
.,,,.....,,,,,,.Cantrips: Read Magic, Message, Spark, Unwitting Ally (DC 14 Will)
.,,,,,,,,,
Racial Spells:
Dancing Lights (1/day), Flare (1/day), Produce Flame (1/day)
.,,.,,...Oracle 1st Lvl: 4/4 remaining; Cure Light Wounds, Bless, Protection from Evil
.,,.,,.,,..Bard 1st Lvl:
2/2 remaining; Share Language, Grease (DC 15)
.Bardic Performance:
8/8 remaining;
......,,.......Consumables: 1 Cure Light Wounds potion, Mystie's Wand of Cure Light Wounds (25/25 ch)
......,,.......Consumables: 3 Alchemists' Fires, 1 Antitoxin
....,,.........
Consumables: 2/6 days trail rations, 2/6 days of dog food
....................... Scrolls: Endure Elements, Comp Languages, Diagnose Disease
....................Channels: 5 of 5 left, 1d6, DC 15
.........Immediate Action: Misfortune, force immediate reroll, once per creature per day
..................................If bad guy rolls 18-20, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 10 or less on an attack for the base die roll, reroll
..................................If friend rolls 12 or less on a dangerous save, reroll
..................................This consumes the swift action, Mystie and Jonas used
.................................
Bubba: Mastiff riding dog, Low light vision + scent; Perception +5, Understands Common
AC 13, Touch 12, FF 11
HP 16/16
.... Fort +5, Reflex +5, Will +1; Move: 40'
..................CMB +3, CMD 15 (19 vs. Trip)
Melee: Bite +3, 1d6+3 plus trip
Tricks: Attack x2, Defend, Heel, Flank and Hunt


Effects:
In hand:
[/sblock]
[/section]
 

Aura

Villager
Commander Jacobson
The commander straightens her tunic after closing the door and walks to a behind the head chair of the table and waits for Mystie to finish before speaking. Holding her hand up to get attention, she lays out the situation before you. "Thank you all for coming. Let's get down to it. I am Commander Jacobson of the Incudine District. The past few months have seen a slowly growing level of rat activity here in Venza. Already, two groups have been hired here in this very inn to combat the worst cases. Low grade sell-swords have been hired for other cases as well. My White Cloaks have also responded to other cases, some actual, some just scared citizens seeing things. Although many of the rats are ordinary and, frankly, just plain irritating, others are large, aggressive, and even strangely malformed. The worst case came from the Moretti case, where a single individual weighed in at about 120 pounds and had strange spikes sticking out of him. I'm sure Hawk, Crue and Wahyu here," she gestures across the table, "are fully familiar with that beast."

Jacobson pauses to take a sip from her mug before continuing. "Anyway, all this rat killing has only helped with the most pointed outbreaks. The greater problem continues without end. Already, there have been a small number of rat attacks, a couple fatalities, including one sell-sword, and a growing concern about disease. Talks between the commanders focus on how to identify and stop the source of the problem. And despite some clues, we don't have enough to go on." The woman sighs, a tiny shred of emotion breaking through her tightly controlled facade.

"Last night," she continues, "We may have had a break. One of the military's scouts came to me with a story that is worth checking out. He was two days out, to the south, and found a site along the Orino River. What made it special was the goblins fleeing some underground complex, shouting about rats. His Goblin is pretty bad, so he couldn't get details, but he thinks whatever is in there is dangerous and may be part of our rat problem here in Venza. When his higher ups did not consider a rat plague a military problem, he brought the issue to me."

Pulling her chair out, Jacobson sits down. "I don't have the men to spare for this. They are working extra shifts and we are still falling behind. And I sure don't have the authority to send them two days out for a simple recon. It may be nothing. The goblins might have seen shadows and panicked. We don't know. So what I want to hire you to do is go there, enter the site, and figure out if this is a clue to the rat plague. If so, bring back any information or evidence you can. If you see a fix, please, see what you can do. However, the big priority is information. We need to know what's going on."

"And if the goblins get in your way," the woman narrows her eyes, "Deal with them by any means necessary."

"You'll get 100 gold each, up front, against the usual per day earnings. You can use this to buy gear, buy or rent horses, and even hire a guide, if you wish. Here is a map." Pulling a scroll tube off her belt, Jacobson's small, weathered hands roll it out onto the table. "Enough of my voice," she concludes. "Any questions?"

[sblock=ooc]I will make a map for you all, it's just late and I need to get to bed. Just imagine you're seeing the map for now. :) This post took longer than I thought.[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
The contents of the scroll case are as follows:

1) A set of word instructions on how to get to the site. It reads:
There are two ways of getting to the site where I saw the goblins.
- The safest way of traveling: Go East to Baron's cross, just a short while out of Venza along the trade road. Once there, turn right and head south along the Silver road. After about 15 miles, the Silver Road ends, keep heading south, and if you're good at navigating, just a little east (but SSE is too much east). If you're lucky, in about 25 miles you'll arrive upon the site, sitting upon a short bluff above the Orino River. More likely, you miss it one way or another, and the easiest way to find it is to find it is to just walk the river a few miles each way, watching for the short bluff upon the north shore along a northern bow of the river.
- The most direct way of traveling, for the directionally impaired but strong of sword: Head down the coast to the mouth of the river and follow it through the marshland. Fight off Boggards, Giant Frogs, and whatever else the land throws at you. Fortunately the marsh ends in about 10-ish miles, and then the travel becomes easy. After about 30 more miles of travel along the river, look for a 3 mile NE jaunt. As the river breaks to head east then SE again, look for the shortish bluff with the building on top. It's easy to see.

2) A local map with the site marked on it, a rough scale, in miles, and Venza labeled.
TargetSite.jpg
 

Fobok

Villager
Joren settles into his chair, looking over to Jacobson and listens.

When she finishes, he comments, "I'd heard the clerics complaining about rats after coming back from patrols lately, but didn't realize it was such a big problem." He glances to Hawk and the others from the previous case, "What did you find with that giant rat? Any clue as to why it was so big, and spiked, or was it just there?"

Back to Jacobson, he adds, "Just one other question. I've never met a goblin, but are they prone to scare easily?"

[sblock=Joren Mini Stats]Joren
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: -1 CMD: 11


Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +2
Initiative: +2


Claws rounds remaining: 6/6


Level 1 spells remaining: 4/4


Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
Commander Jacobson
Asked about goblins, the Commander nods to Joren. "Yes," she begins, "goblins can be fearful little beasts. But be warned, it's not easy to wield fear like a weapon. Always treat them with caution," she leans in, looks Joren right in the eye, and lowers her voice, "because they really want to eat you."

Raising her voice to normal and turns her attention to the other question, "So, Moretti crew, how about that spiky rat?"
 
Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Jonas remains quiet as Commander Jacobson runs through the mission particulars and Joren asks his questions, smiling just a bit at the Commander's theatrics about Goblins. His foster-father's training had been thorough; he knew something about the horrid little beasts himself.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Knowledge (Nature): Goblins (1d20+7=17)[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Jonas Psalter

Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]
 

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Dunkel strokes his long beard for a moment before saying, "Do we know what this underground complex was? It is possible that goblins have made it, but if so I'd be fearful about the workmanship. If it be ruins, well it could have some ancient treasures inside. I assume we'd be allowed to keep any worthy trinkets we might find?"

After taking a long draft from his ale he adds to his companions, "I'm for taking the more dangerous path. If the wild creatures aren't culled every so often when they move close to civilized lands, then they may cause problems for travellers later. Might as well do regular folks a favor and kill off any potential future threats while we are on the way."

Mini-Stats
[sblock]
Dunkel Metzgerei the 1st level Dwarven Cleric
AC: 18, Flat-Footed: 17, Touch: 11
HPs: 10/10
Init: +3
CMB: +2
CMD: 13
Fort: +5, Reflex: +2, Will: +6
Speed: 20 feet
Battleaxe: Attack: +2 = [BAB (0) + Ability (2) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d8+2, Crit: 20/x3, Special: S
Sling: Attack: +1 = [BAB (0) + Ability (1) + Misc (0) + Magic (0)]
Damage: 1d4+2, Crit: 20/x2, Range: 50 ft
Consumable: 20 Sling Stones
In Hand: Battleaxe
Spells Prepared
Level 0: Detect Magic, Guidance, Light
Level 1: Enlarge Person, Protection from Evil, Bless
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
[sblock=Jonas' Kn Roll]Nothing the Commander said was incorrect, although it was vague. More specifically, Jonas knows Goblins are highly superstitious, and have a combination of fear and hatred for horses, dogs, magic of any type and writing. They like fire and explosions. They are voracious, eat the fallen, with particular taste for humans and gnomes. They are not known to build permanent structures.[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"I seriously doubt the gobbos made the structures . . . they're not much given to building, and are more likely to just take over dwellings abandoned by others." Jonas voice is deep and surprisingly cultured, completely at odds with his fierce, somewhat manic appearance. "I agree that the 'dangerous' route is more appealing, simply because the other is full of such phrases as 'if you're lucky' and 'if you're good at navigating.' I know it's hard to tell just by looking at me, but I prefer the direct approach, and the simplest." He smiles at that last.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
[URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Jonas_Psalter_(Mowgli)"]Jonas Psalter


Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]
 

Aura

Villager
Commander Jacobson
The White Cloak takes note of Jonas' words, and upon completion, adds to the response to Dunkel's questions, "The term 'complex' is a bit of a guess on my part, although it seems reasonable. A slew of goblins running out of a door in the side of a bluff supports the idea. However, we know nothing of what is in there… Mr… dwarf guy…"

Jacobson thinks a moment, then suggests, "Outside of Mystie, you all might need to do the 'hello my name is' thing with each other."
 
Last edited:

Fobok

Villager
Joren's eyes widen at Jacobson's descriptions of goblins, sitting back a little, and then nods a little, "Ok, yeah. No intention of being eaten, if I can help it." He nods to the dwarf and half-orc, "Yeah, dangerous path is probably the best. Looking at our group, it looks like we can handle it." Even though he, himself, doesn't look all that impressive.

Then, as Jacobson says they should do introductions, he speaks up, "I'm Joren. I'm a sorcerer, which means I was born with my magic. I'm also an acolyte of Hinotheus, which... doesn't really mean much, I guess, unless you want someone to lead you in prayer. Hinotheus prefers actions to words, though, so that probably won't come up."

[sblock=Joren Mini Stats]Joren
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: -1 CMD: 11


Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +2
Initiative: +2


Claws rounds remaining: 6/6


Level 1 spells remaining: 4/4


Current Weapon in Hand: Light Crossbow
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: none[/sblock]
 

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

"And I am Jonas, a priest of Iraznog - which likely means little to most of you, as he is a God primarily worshiped by the Orcs," says the half-orc. "I am young in my faith, though, so I still rely on strength at arms as often as on prayer."
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]
_______________
[sblock=Mini Stats]
[URL="http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Jonas_Psalter_(Mowgli)"]Jonas Psalter


Initiative: +02
AC: 17 (12 Touch, 15 Flat-Footed)
HP: 31/31
Senses: DarkVision (60’) Perception: +10
CMB: +05 CMD: 17 (+7/19 vs. Trip)
Fort: +06 Reflex: +02 Will: +04
[/sblock]
 

Advertisement

Top