• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Silent Tide

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
Sure, that marching order is fine.

Reminder, Charity is making sure she can see the blade of her polearm. If she can't, due to the fog, she'll assume she'll never manage to swing it before a monster steps inside her reach and switch to shortsword.

What I've been doing for pictures is clicking the icon, selecting my computer, and it loads it up. It still does, only it's kinda irritating, in a weird box and stuck at the end. I haven't tried any tags or such, I've been learning all of that as I go.
[/sblock]

airwalkrr

Adventurer
OOC: I vote Charity up front, with Robert and the "Navigator" after while Corbin covers the rear. Corbin's not well-suited for the vanguard. Although if it is possible to walk two-abreast, Corbin would like to stay adjacent to Charity or perhaps right behind her so he can cast shield of faith on her in the opening round if it looks necessary.

Piston Honda

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Airwalkrr's suggestion works for me. Still trying to keep quiet in case I need to use the fog for cover. And to give a head's up, I may not be very active for the Thanksgiving weekend.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
The revised suggestions on how we move are fine a well. When possible, Charity will try to be abreast of Robert, to pick up the opportunity attack as they come in. I can always step back during my action. (This assumes, of course, that I can see far enough to conduct a AoO with a reach weapon, which should be determinable by looking at the head of the glaive at full extension. If Charity can't see it, she'll switch to shortsword.
[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Guardians of the Grain

GM: OK, folks - sorry about the delay! I've got stuff set up for the next phase; here's what I'd like for you to do.

For this encounter, I've set up "Side Threads" for each of you. All of the action for this encounter will take place in these side threads. While I won't be monitoring whether or not you're looking at each others threads (there's no way for me to do so even if I wanted to) I STRONGLY encourage you not to, as it will detract significantly from the fun. Plus, it's a lot of dang work for me to do this this way, so I'd like for you to use it the way it's intended. Please read only your own side thread.

Post your actions (including speech) in your side thread. I'll post your speech to the other side threads, as well as what they can see of your actions. If this works the way I mean for it to, it'll give a good simulation of the isolation your characters are supposed to feel here.

Here are your side threads:

Charity
Corbin
Robert
Navigator

Lindeloef

First Post
[sblock=ooc]sounds really awesome. Appologies that I read the first post in Charity's thread as I thought you accidentially opened a thread instead of replying... :blush:[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Protocol Revision - Silent Tide Side Threads

OOC:
OK, some coordination is necessary for me here, in order to keep up with who's doing what and where. So here's what we'll do. I'll post your initiative order here. As each of you post your actions and speech, I'll post in the side threads and then put a cue here for the next person to act. Please wait for your cue before posting anything. It'll slow things down a little, and impose a little artificiality on the action, but I think the compromise is worth it. Much as I'm going to love seeing your actions fall into pure chaos, I'll need to keep some order from my end.

Here's the order of actions:

• Robert
  • Corbin
  • The Navigator
  • Charity

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads