[LPF] Silent Tide

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Pelligrew leans back in his seat as Corbin asks his questions, and looks thoughtful. "Well, as to how I came by the book, I acquired it through one of my contacts who researches such things. There be nothing illegal in the way I acquire my displays. I be knowing little of the knowledge in the book, that was what Yargos was looking into. Yargos had nothing to do with the acquiring; he be merely studying it for me. To my knowledge there were none others looking for the book when I got it, but that means little."

He shakes his head at Corbin's questions about his phrasing. "One thing I learned during my adventuring days was how to judge character; I be judging you to be good lads and lass. I use 'him' from habit. It do be easier than 'him or her.'"

He takes another swig and sits quietly as his monologue comes to a close.​
[/section]

Lindeloef

First Post
Corbin desperately tries to hide his chuckle at the mention of milk, but he is not so good at concealing his mirth. "I apologize... I was, um... thinking of something bawdy that happened in the common room earlier..." he lies.

"Ah okay. I have missed that, what a shame. " Robert replies with a hint of disappointment in his voice.

Turning back to Peligrew, he asks:
"So the task is, go find Yargos, to get a description of his attackers, find these attackers and get a name of the person that hired them, find that person, get your book and hand over that person to the authorities. Did I get that right?"

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Corbin, male human cleric 1

Corbin Elmentis (small).jpg

"Well more to the point, Mr. Peligrew, you seemed to be saying an individual was responsible as opposed to a group. But I understand your meaning and turn of phrase. I should be happy to assist you with my two comrades here. I hope we prove sufficient to the task. I despise theft myself and will be certain the guilty party is done justice."

There is something not quite right about Peligrew, Corbin thinks. Perhaps it was his salty demeanor. He talked like a sailor, and Corbin was used to living in the wilds and traveling the steppes. Nevertheless he decides that he should not make any snap judgments about the man. He may well think me a simpleton from the backwoods. At any rate, it shall be interesting to see how this plays out.

"Well, I am satisfied with the information Mr. Peligrew has provided," Corbin says to his fellow adventurers. "What do you say we call upon this Yargos, make certain he is well, and inquire as the conditions of the theft?"

Corbin downs his mead, with another nod of thanks to Mr. Peligrew, then picks up his shield, morningstar, and shortbow which he had left sitting against the wall. He straps the shield to his back, slides his unstrung bow under a pair of leather straps, and ties the morningstar to his belt. Before he leaves, he adjusts the wooden symbol of Issolatha which is always worn about his neck to a prominent position on his chest and awaits his fellow adventurers by the door.
OOC: Corbin is ready to go looking for Yargos, unless someone else has something in particular to bring up.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=airwalkrr/Corbin]Just realized I forgot to answer your Sense Motive. As you say, something does seem a little jarring about the man but as far as Corbin can tell he's telling the truth about the details of the mission. It likely is the incongruence of such a large, boisterous man claiming to be the owner of a museum.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Setting her drink aside, barely having been touched in the short conversation, the young woman stands. "Yes. Yargos first. I'll have to stop by home for my gear... I got tired of hanging around the Dunn Wright in armor real fast after the rat job."

Charity bows to Peligrew respectfully. "Thank you for the job. We shall be going, now." Turning and heading out the door, and waving her hands as if to indicate general directions, Charity continues with her comrades, "You can drop by home with me or I can meet me at the Soggy Piper, as you prefer."

[sblock=ooc]
Have I heard of the Tale of Landadel before? I have no local knowledge, but just wondered if was sufficiently known I might have heard as a Venzan native.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
Addressing Charity's proposal "I would say we accompany you, I have heard stories, bad stories, about groups splitting up." Robert says with a smirk.

[sblock="ooc"]It is always weird for me to read Landadel in an english text. Takes me 2-4 tries to read the word as intended :D[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC Charity]It's obscure enough she wouldn't know it right off, but a relatively easy Diplomacy (Gather Info) on the way home or between home and the Soggy Piper would reveal that it's a small "museum," specializing in items important to the history of the Landadel Baronies and of Venza, just as Pelligrew said. He appears to be a collector rather than a dealer.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Asking around pays off. Charity comments on the Tale of Landadel on the way home, "Always to know the employer's story checks out, at least at the basic level. Although, Grog seemed to know the guy, but it never hurts to check. I wonder how interesting a place this museum is?"

Turning the corner, the young warrior points out one of the row houses. "That's it, there... it'll be just a moment," she informs the group. Stepping in the door, Charity is confronted with the a female voice, demanding to know what is being planned. Charity raises one finger towards Corbin and Robert, and steps inside, "It's another job, some collector guy wants..." the rest is muffled as she closes the door behind her.

A short while later she reappears, bidding farewell to whomever is inside. A baby cries. Armored in an obviously new breastplate, Charity totes a glaive with practiced ease, easily maneuvering the long weapon out the door before closing it. Turning to her companions, "There we go, a little better for the task at hand, no? Let's go talk to Yargos."

Remove ads