• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Road to Tritower

Anastrace

First Post
Leira Olren

"I guess that's me then, I'll take your challenge half asleep." Shaking her head slightly, Leira swings her whip blade around in a hopefully deadly arc, and then steps to the side before resuming a defensive stance in the dragon posture. Her legs poised to strike at the first opening given by the strange man.

New Map

[sblock=Actions]
5' step
Coyote Code keeps giving me blank rolls? So I switched to invisible castle.
Urumi Attack, 10' Reach 1d20+3=20
Urumi Damage 1d8+4-2=6
If he provokes an AoO' I'll be using an Unarmed Kick. Remember that it does Strx1.5 damage if it hits. so 1d3+6-2.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Leira Olren Mini Stats]

Leira Olren
AC:17 (16 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 11/11
CMB: +5 CMD: 18

Fort: +1 Reflex: +1 Will: -1
Perception: -1 Sense Motive: -1
Initiative: +5

Dragon Style: While using this style, you gain a +2 bonus on saving throws against sleep effects, paralysis effects, and stunning effects. You ignore difficult terrain when you charge, run, or withdraw. You can also charge through squares that contain allies. Further, you can add 1-1/2 times your Strength bonus on the damage roll for your first unarmed strike on a given round.

Current Weapon in Hand: Urumi, +3, Damage: 1d8+4-2, Crit: 18-20/x2, Type: S
Current Weapon for Attacks of Opportunity: Unarmed Strike (Considered Armed) +4, Damage: 1d3+4-2, Crit: 20/x2, Type: B, First Unarmed Attack does 1.5x Str Damage
Current Conditions in Effect: Dragon Style, Enlarge Person, -2 Dex, -1 AC, -1 Attack, +2 Str, 10' Reach, Sickened, –2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks.
Temporary items in possession:
Items not currently in possession:
Items depleted: none
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Challenge Accepted

Leira answers the challenge, stepping as briskly forward as she can, despite the poison in her system continues to dulling her reflexes. Despite this, she slashes out at her enemy, slicing him neatly in the side as he reels back to deal with her giant size. "Well played!" he exclaims as he steps, avoiding the full lethality the blow could have carried to a lesser fighter.

About the same time, Brandon rushes up to the prone form he has trapped in grease. Shining light onto the situation, he quickly finds there is a second body behind the first--one male, one female (both seemingly older than the captive taken previously.) Both of them are very dead, and the wounds are consistent with deaths by surprise--blood found in the kidney regions, and throats viciously cut open.

Gathering himself, the rakish gentleman begins a strike, but doesn't fully commit. Instead, he pulls back in a split second later, lunges into his actual attack. Leira, senses dulled, plays along with the fake and is skewered through the side. "Ah, ha, basic swordplay m'lady! I do believe I got the better part of that exchange, care to go again?" He points his rapier threateningly, her obviously blood adorning even in the shadowy light.

Meanwhile, Anzaldo, Anna and the dark elf captive arrive at the edge of the camp, moving slowly forward at Anna's pace.

[sblock=Combat]The Cook uses Bluff to feint Leira. In her sickened/drowsy condition, she's pretty easy to fake out. He attacks and scores 8 pts damage.

I took GM liberty to have Brandon verify the condition of the drow in the grease. With light on the situation, it is obvious both of the drow in the grease spell are very dead and likely didn't see it coming. I'll have to get some spell effects or something, I didn't think of that when I set Ditzie up.

Actor (AC, Damage Taken, Spells/Conditions)
Brandon (AC 12, 0 damage, light)
Francis (AC 18, 0 damage, none)
Karra (AC 14, 0 damage, none)
Leira (AC 19, 8 damage, sickened)

Cook (AC 17, 8 damage, none)
Drow 1 (dead)
Drow 2 (dead)

Map: http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/54c1871cc5ac7

Everyone is up.

Note: Leira could not make it to the square selected without either running through the campfire (minor damage) or risking an attack of opportunity. I edited her move by one square in order to avoid this. Part of the downside of being large. However, the upside of being large is doing more damage - I increased damage by 2 in order to scale the weapon size up, next time roll 2d6 instead of 1d8.[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince[sblock=Mini Stats]Francis John, III
HP: 7/7
AC: 18 FF:14 T:15
CMB: 0 CMD: 13
Fort: -1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +7 Initiative: +3
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +8 Motive: +5
Sleight: +9 Stealth: +11
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 19/20
Unarmed: Dagger +2 d3+1
Adaptable Luck: 0/3
[/sblock]

Mostly concerned with his own safety and well-being, Francis silently stalks forward. He takes care to remain as hidden from everyone, his own friends included.

[sblock]Action: Double move 10 ft. north
Stealth: 1D20+11 = [17]+11 = 28
Map after Francis[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
Karra moves up to the Man that Leira is fighting. "Hmm... sorry for interrupting your duel here." She says before swinging her weapon down on the foe.

[sblock="actions"]

the Map

-move up to cook and attack
Attack the cook: 1D20+2 = [14]+2 = 16
1D8+2 = [3]+2 = 5
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Karra
AC: 14 (13 flat-footed, 11 touch)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +2 CMD: 13
Fort: +3 Reflex: +1 Will: +2
Perception: +7
Initiative: +3
Arcane Pool: 5/5

Current Weapon in Hand: Katana

Spells Prepared:
*Cantrips (DC 14):
Arcane Mark, Mage Hand, Ray of Frost
*Level 1 (DC 15):
Color Spray, Enlarge Person
Low-Light Vision
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Mid Round Update

"Ah, ha!" the swordsman merrily replies to Karra's swing, stepping to the side as her blade just barely passes him by. "I'll be getting to you in a moment, since you desire my attention so much! Only so much of me to go around!" He chuckles at his own mirth as he looks back to Leira.

[sblock=Still to Act]Leira, Brandon[/sblock]

epicbob

Explorer
Brandon the Swift

"Another wasted spell?! Curse this darkness!" Brandon lets out in exasperation.

Looking at the battle, Brandon moves around the group and, as soon as he gets a clear shot at the so-called duelist, lets off a ray of electricity.

[sblock=Elemental Ray Attack and Damage]Elemental Ray (Lightning) ranged Touch attack: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21

Elemental Ray (Lightning) damage: 1D6 = [1] = 1
[/sblock][sblock=Mini stats] Brandon
AC: 12 (10 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 12/12
CMB: -2
CMD: 10

Fort: +2 +1
Reflex: +2 +1
Will: +3 +1

Perception: +1
Sense Motive: +6

Initiative: +8

Level 1 spells remaining: 1/4
Elemental rays remaining: 6/7

Current Weapon in Hand: Dagger
Current Conditions in Effect:
-Light spell
Temporary items in possession: none
Items not currently in possession: none
Items depleted: none[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
"Yeowtch," the swordsman exclaims as Brandon's lightning lightly singes him. "So it's gonna be like that, eh? Well, so be it!"

[sblock=Brandon's move]Need to know, by way of Ditzie map update (or you can tell me, if it's giving you trouble) where Brandon moved to. By the by, since you don't have precise shot you take a -4 to hit. It's still a hit, though.[/sblock]
[sblock=Still to move]Leira
If I don't hear from her player soon I'll roll her attack for her to move things along.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
A Flurry of Blows

Undeterred by the swordsman's vicious cut, Leira presses on, swinging her odd blade with lethal intent. However, her agile opponent foils her attack, keeping her off-guard the entire time. Grinning crookedly, he ripostes her attack, lunging at her viciously. Despite her unusually large size, Leira gracefully steps aside and escapes unharmed.

"A temporary stalemate then, Miss?" the rake begins, almost respectfully, "Might you actually be able to beat me? Too bad the honorless cur you associate with will not let us find out, eh?" He makes a sweeping flourish with his blade, almost daring a response.

Meanwhile, the last three members of the group slowly catch up, finally entering the camp.

[sblock=Combat]Leira and the cook exchange swings, but neither connect. Anzaldo, Anna and the prisoner continue to get closer.

Actor (AC, Damage Taken, Spells/Conditions)
Brandon (AC 12, 0 damage, light)
Francis (AC 18, 0 damage, none)
Karra (AC 14, 0 damage, none)
Leira (AC 19, 8 damage, sickened)

Cook (AC 17, 9 damage, none)
Drow 1 (dead)
Drow 2 (dead)

New map: http://beta.ditzie.com/71559/54cf1f080059e

PS: Did my best to pick a square for Brandon that gave the best angle of attack. There aren't many to choose from. And, obviously, had to move Leira. Hopefully we shall hear from her player soon.

Everyone is up.[/sblock]

Remove ads