[LPF] Toad in the Hole

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Well, According to this sword the Dwarf was bound to something or someone called Thet. Where as the Elf was an Assassin in the service of a place called Ys. Ys being an Island-Kingdom that at least up til now I had thought was simply a myth. This evidence seems to prove otherwise." Fae'shiel explains to the others. Though she senses their skepticism since the sword hadn't actually spoken either of the times it relayed information to her and she says to add credence to her claims "The sword is telepathic. Meaning it can communicate with my mind. It can also talk I think. Though whether it will or not depends on it's own decision. The sword is just as intelligent as any one of us."

With that said she asks the sword "If you don't mind, I would like to know what to call you other than 'the sword' or 'scimitar.'"

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus quirks an eyebrow, eyeing the shirt in his hands, destined for his backpack. He glances back at the Elf and Dwarf, forever frozen in the throws of battle and death. He returns his look to the Magus.

Either way, I think we've accomplished what we set out to do. It looks like Maui has managed to relocate the boxes. We should probably stop standing around and give him some help. I bet the wagon ride back will be far less nervous than the ride out.

With that, he places the hide shirt within his pack and hefts it up, then sets his quiver. He nods to Mortar.

Let us hope your wisdom fails to bear it's fruit this time around. Vincenzo, are you about ready?

[sblock=ooc]I am only posing Marcus carrying the shirt in his pack. Whomever might desire it's +1ly goodness is welcome to it.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Oh there is no doubt that a sword such as this one is dangerous. But it is also incredibly powerful." Fae'shiel explains to the others as they climb their way back out of the Tower. She thinks to herself 'I will have to remember to try to find out more about Ys and this other word Thet when we get back to Venza. Something about them strikes me as possibly being important.'

jbear

First Post
Maui looks over at all the chatter going on while he is hauling boxes up the stairs. He sees the black scimitar in Fae'shiel's hands and cannot help but shudder. He opens his mouth to say something to the elf but closes it again. With a chuckle he hefts another box and begins making his way back up the stairs.

When the job is done he returns to his tiny toad companion. He kneels down and whispers. "Goodbye, Toad King. Have a good life here in your new home." He leans down and gives it a tiny peck on the nose before standing again and heading out of the tower forever.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo watches all that goes on and finds himself feeling dubious of the safety of traveling with such an evil looking weapon as the black scimitar. With all loaded up he prepares to leave.

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Fae'shiel]
NAME...? IRRELEVANT.[/sblock]
The party returns to the cart dragging, carrying, or otherwise transporting Franco's stolen goods. When he sees the adventurers, Alvise hurredly puts what appears to be a flask in his vest pocket and helps load the cargo onto the cart. Once everyone has claimed a seat, he turns the wagon around and begins heading north. He glances at the sun as the Owl and Stag Inn comes in to view, and then snaps the horses' reins to increase speed.

"We'll make it before nightfall," he assures everyone, which turns out to be just barely true. The wagon pulls up to the warehouse as the dwarf forewoman is locking up. Seeing the cart, she re-enters the building with an audible sigh and raises the gate on one of the loading docks. Alvise dutifully pulls inside.

"So you managed not to kill each other after all," Varga says dryly. "What did you manage to recover?" she asks as she examines the crates. "Let's see ... silks ... glassware ... and Franco's weapons, good ... spices ... pottery." Her eyes light on Fae'shiel's bracelet. "That wasn't ours, but we'll give you a good price for it, if you want. So let me tally this up. Huh, I suppose you'll have a story to tell the grandkids, too. Saving the cargo of one of Venza's premier merchants, prevailing against incredible odds and whatnot. Not getting fired before you left the building," she says, pointedly.

Varga_150.jpg
Alvise_150.jpg

.... Varga Renlow ......... Alvise Biaggio ....

GM: You've got one more day to RP. I'll be posting final rewards tomorrow with an end date of 25 July. Everyone has made level 3, so feel free to start leveling if you'd like. I'm assuming that none of you will want the pugwampi gear, so I'm not going to fret about it.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"I hope not to have grandchildren for a while at the very least. And by then I hope to have forgotten that argument." Fae'shiel says. Then she regards the bracelet interestedly, and says "No I don't think I am ready to sell it, but perhaps you could tell me what it is the bracelet's inscription says?"

jbear

First Post
Maui smiles at the mention of grandchildren. "Maui will have a hundred grandchildren spread across te Ao Marama from where te sun wake in the morning to where it sleeps again at night! Maui can give you a child, strong and smart like him if you want Hook Warrior!"

Maui hangs around, more to see if a new mission might arise. When it doesn't he decides it is time to make his way back to the Hall of Heroes to await his next challenge.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo awaits to be paid watching how this mercantile house operates - mentally comparing to his family's operations.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus helps unload the wagon's six box cargo, considering that most of the hands for doing so have likely gone home. Once done with that, he crosses to where the others are waiting, arriving just in time to hear Fae'shiel inquire of the Dwarven taskmistress as to the content of the text on the bracelet. Interested, he waits to hear the answer.

Remove ads