[LPF] Toad in the Hole

Systole

First Post
GM:
  • No Survival roll needed to pick up the trail again.
  • The bracelet is not magic. It's simply jewelry. It does have dwarven writing on the inside surface, however.
  • Sorry if you wanted to play more with Beyal, jbear, but she's nuts. However, she is in the wiki now, so who knows ... maybe you'll meet her again.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: sorry for not getting back on line last night - exhaustion caught up with me at about 6:30 pm

Vincezo watches the departure not with fascination, but with great caution.

To Marcus he says, "Yup, always had it. " he shows he never put his bow or arrow away. "she scares me."

Systole

First Post
GM: The inscription is in dwarven but it's an ancient dialect that Mortar can't read. The puts the age of the bracelet at several hundred years at least, and possibly even older than that. It's in absolutely pristine condition, as well.

Metagaming: The inscription isn't relevant to this adventure, but I threw it on in case someone wanted to use it as an adventure hook later on, after you get back to Venza and have it translated. I know [MENTION=88649]perrinmiller[/MENTION] has something coming up that might fit.

Caim

First Post
Mortar hands the bracelet back to Fae'shiel with a sigh. "Aye, it is indeed dwarven but an ancient form that has been lost to most of my people for a long time. Sorry I can't read this particular dialect for ya."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Thank you for trying. If I remember correctly, Ancient Dwarven is very similar to the Runic Languages. In fact so are some forms of ancient elven for that matter... perhaps..." Fae'shiel says as she looks at the bracelet with keen interest trying to interpret it based on her own knowledge of the Runic Language. Unfortunately the contents of what is written on the bracelet remain a mystery to Fae'shiel. "Nope, that won't work."

jbear

First Post
GM:
  • No Survival roll needed to pick up the trail again.
  • The bracelet is not magic. It's simply jewelry. It does have dwarven writing on the inside surface, however.
  • Sorry if you wanted to play more with Beyal, jbear, but she's nuts. However, she is in the wiki now, so who knows ... maybe you'll meet her again.
[sblock=OOC] I think it is best Maui did not have a chance to offer his gift ... hehehe ...
Beyal might have not been amused. The gift of Maui's seed.

His question would have been about toadstools, so not so important anyway :)
[/sblock]

Not wanting to be caught unawares by pugwampi attack, as the retake their trail Maui draws out his cold iron blade.

"Now I have your cold iron puffwampi!"

After a few slashes at the air, he frowns disappointed. He decides he dislikes the balance and trades it for his magical sword. "It was hard enough to hit te puffwampi with my good sword ... with te cold iron ... I probably hit myself."

A while along the track to break the monotony of the trek he asks "Are we talking to te puffwampi? Or are we killing them an then talking to them like te last time?"

Caim

First Post
"Well it sounds like this Lasher fella has some intelligence to him and may have some reasons to have attacked the carriage and steal the cargo." Mortar stops to look to Fae'shiel. "If they'll talk maybe we should talk first but if they draw first we kill'em all."

Remove ads