[LPF] Toad in the Hole

Systole

First Post
Whatever the inscription on the braceet reads, it will apparently require an expert to decipher it.

The party finds the path without further difficulty, and after another half hour of following the trail they can see it opens into a larger clearing. Without actually venturing into the open, the party can only make out vague shapes through the foliage. There seems to be a medium-sized stone structure surrounded by a dozen small mud huts -- this would appear to be the pugwampi village.

GM:
  • Perception checks all around, please.
  • The bracelet will have to wait until after this adventure. Checks failed, and it's not relevant in any event.
  • I don't think Beyal would have been offended at the nature of Maui's offer, but she wouldn't have accepted it.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
on the way along the path Vincenzo would say quietly to Marcus, "You know, if these Masterwork Rapiers we are tasked to find and return are also cold iron, then this Lasher fellow might be at war with the fey, or more specifically the lady of the woods. That might explain why she gave us her name."

jbear

First Post
Maui crouches down and Taniwha drops to the ground silently beside him, imitating his low crouch. He peers towards the figures he can see in the distance.

Quietly he says: "Maui is thinking maybe we should kill them and then talk to them."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus leads unerringly to the path and following it again, finding it surprisingly easy to pick up. He stops when near the village clearing, remaining concealed with the others, his bow is held in his lap, the arrow nocked and half drawn, ready to fire. He listens to Vincenzo's theory, but shakes his half-elven head.

It has something to do with one of the kings of the forest and this Lasher fellow. Too bad I don't speak toad, it'd be invaluable to be able to just ask him, him being a king of the forest, perhaps he might know.

The Ranger sighs, looking back at the Druid.

It would have been nice to question the ones at the cart, or at least the one I offered surrender opportunity to. But, as I tried in the Elven language, I don't even know if it understood me.

Marcus turns his attention back to the clearing, trying to take in what he can from a safe distance.

Caim

First Post
Mortar stops at the edge of the clearing like the rest of the group. "Sorry about smashin the one ya wanted to question." He looks at Marcus with a shrug as he brings his bow up in a ready position.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel looks around the area saying "Personally I would rather not kill them if we don't have to. Just because they stole these objects does not mean that they did not have a reason for doing so. At least according to their own system of belief. Keep in mind they are Fey, they do not have the same morality as that of Humans or Dwarves."

Systole

First Post
From what you can see of the pugwampi village, it seems as though it houses only one or two dozen of the creatures. This morning, however, the encampment seems completely empty. You can see other pugwampi trails heading north and south in addition to the one returning back east, and all of them have fresh pugwampi tracks on them. Apparently, most or all of the population is out hunting or raiding.

The stone structure seems to be some sort of old ruined tower -- it clearly was not built by pugwampi hands. Judging by the stone scattered around it, it was probably fifty or sixty feet tall at one time, but it's crumbled to about half that. A muddy track through the village leads to the what appears to be the tower's entry chamber or guardhouse, the roof of which rotted away long ago. With his keen senses, Marcus can detect an occasional faint hammering noise, and an even fainter splashing noise. Both seem to come from the tower.

[sblock=Basic Map]
Party is at the X's. The trails are black, huts are brown, tower is grey. For a sense of scale, the main body of the tower is about forty feet across.

Pug_village.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads