Luck Bonus and Magic Items

Geoff Watson

First Post
Paladin said:

Would the "Multiple Similar Abilities" rule work here? That would reduce the second power to 75% of 62,500 and all the rest to 50%.

No. That is used for staffs (as all powers use up the same charges), or for redundant powers that are useless in combination.

Geoff.

Jeremy

Explorer
How about an item that grants a +3 luck bonus to all that? Cause that exists already...

Skin of the Hero. Psionics Handbook (or online in the SRD).

+3 luck bonus to all that jazz... 68,000 gp and it doesn't even take up a normally occupied slot. :) Add that to a pale green ioun stone and you'll be up to +4. But not quite +5. But you still have your belt slot open. :) That's 20,000 more for the stone, and it's competence so it stacks with luck and the two of them stack with just about everything else.

If i'd just remember them, I'd encorporate them into every theoretical max character. Though I'd be a little skittish about putting them on two different characters. :) Don't want to make the DM's job too hard.

Paladin

Explorer
Jeremy said:
How about an item that grants a +3 luck bonus to all that? Cause that exists already...

Skin of the Hero. Psionics Handbook (or online in the SRD).

+3 luck bonus to all that jazz... 68,000 gp and it doesn't even take up a normally occupied slot. :) Add that to a pale green ioun stone and you'll be up to +4. But not quite +5. But you still have your belt slot open. :) That's 20,000 more for the stone, and it's competence so it stacks with luck and the two of them stack with just about everything else.

Cool, I hadn't thought to look in the PsiHB, thanks! On my failed attempt at an item, I think Crothian is right, it'll have to wait for the ELH, and apparently a 30th level plus caster...oh well.

Remove ads