• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M&M: What types of heroes are in your games?

Henry

Autoexreginated
Stormborn said:
So, overall do most people seem to try and replicate their favorite comic book heroes (as many of those listed above seem to do) or are there alot of really unique characters in the average MM game?

Well, keep in mind that, over the past 70 years, so many different heroes were created that even an original design will have at least a passing resemblance to some hero from some comic somewhere. My Mr. Fix-it is an homage to the 1960's Batman, Tim Allen from Home Improvement, and every foul-mouthed construction worker you've ever seen in a movie. :)

Greg K

Legend
In my group

Government agent with the ability to manipulate space.
Teenager with the ability to generate/manipulate electricity.
Dimension Travelling teenaged sorceror.
Cloned teenager capable of intuitively inventing practically anything that he can conceive.
Teenaged Brick with light absorption/manipulation powers.
Teenaged Female with Telepathy and Pyrokinesis.
Teenager with a battle suit that operates upon and channels his uncontrollable electrical generation.

arwink

Clockwork Golem
In my 1e game we had:

• The Cadet: A gun-toting super-soldier that was part wolvering, part captain america
  • Broadband: A cyber-empath with electricity control. Later developed a robotic body when his flesh-and-blood form developed radiation poisoning.
  • The Daschund: A young girl with very limited elongation, the ability to run at high speed, and let loose a high-pitched yep that could shatter steel.
  • Blackstar: Essentially Quasar from 90's era marvel comics, albeit with the mindset of a Bill-n-Ted-esque stoner

The current game has:
  • The Vaudevillian: A stage magician and knife thrower who now possesses half a demon's soul. Can surround held objects in hellfire, duck into a small pocket dimension,a nd teleport in addition to a range of mystic spells. Part John Constantine, Part Gamit.
  • The Whistler: An aging hold-over from the pulp era, who still believes the best way to fight crime is with smart investigation, a gaze of steely determination and a pair of loaded .45's. Has minor psychic abilities that let him cuase guilt in those that read his mind.,
  • Vapor: A former fire marshal that can turn into a whisp of toxic gas and generate blasts of radioactive heat.
  • Chi: A rebel millionair who possesses a suite of enhanced sense due to his martial arts training. Essentially the rookie of the bunch.
  • Psi-Kick: Telekinetic.
  • The Black Knight: Armored hero with enough strength to lift a tank.

Last edited:

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Henry said:
we battled an empowered Prince (yes, the singer) as he pushed his plans of world domination and hit singles on an unsuspecting populace

Your whole campaign sounds like a riot, but man this line had me in stitches! :D

edemaitre

Explorer
D20 "Mutants & Masterminds" 2nd Ed. Player Characters

In my superhero campaign, some "named" characters from major comic books do exist, but mostly as Non-Player Characters. I'm a big fan of well-done conversions to various rules systems. It's nice to have the occasional hero or villain make a cameo appearance, since most role-players are somewhat familiar with the conventions of the genre. As someone else noted, after about 70 years, it's difficult to come up with a P.C. (or a setting or plot device) that hasn't already been used. The challenge is to do it well...

Henry

Autoexreginated
Dragonblade said:
Your whole campaign sounds like a riot, but man this line had me in stitches! :D

Other notable villains include:

• The Red Mobster, a genetically mutated Lobster-man whose minions wore domino masks and bullet-proof bibs...
  • Pencil Pusher, whose special power was making his pencil drawings come to life (at last session I think we still had one of his line-drawing getaway cars that still worked, and didn't use gas!)
  • The aliens from the "V" television series (our group's reaction was priceless when we found the city populace taking the visitors at face value...)
  • And of course the new KLF, consisting of empowered versions of Sheena Easton, Sheila E., Morris Day, Jerome, and Prince. (Morris day and his spotlight disintegrator was ROUGH!) That was our toughest battle yet, and the one where I wanted to kill the most villains :)

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Well let us see. We have in no particular order:

The Unstopable Soviet SteamRoller (Notice the caps): a naive tank of a super soldier who constantly gets commanded "Sergei low orbit."

Deadeye: Part Vampire, super-sniper, Techno Wizard with an attitude from the post apocalypse.

Professor Ether: Super Genius inventor from the Victorian age (He can blow up a wall with a ham sandwich but apparently has problems with a stick shift. :\ )

Red: Highly trained soldier with unnatural luck, lots of enemies, and his future self from an alternate dimension stuck in his head.

Rampant Voltage: INSANE electricity controling space pirate gladiator.

Gatling: Immortal speedster gunslinger from the wild west.

SX 350: Think Terminator 2 (Arnie) with Gadgets.

Nemesis: Everybodies favorite mimic :)

A Psychic (forget his name): Limited TK, lots of mind control, something of a pragmatist.

Tortoise

First Post
In my old group I had:

Alchemy: a nanotech infused transmuter
Pagan: a telepath/psychic
Themis: a flying brick that could temporarily steal others powers for her use
Shield: a speedster/healer/regeneration type
Dr. Prometheus: a cosmic powered immortal
Deathwish a.k.a. Capt. Beatdown: a brick built to take massive punishment

I have to thank Teflon Billy for letting me throw his entire team against my PCs. That was a fun session.

Remove ads